Original LCD-3... darker than LCD-2 Rev2. Unveiled LCD-3, 261 2012 models, brighter. 2013 LCD-3 even brighter. LCD-X... if shooting for monitor feel is likely brighter still.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 456010/6/13 at 8:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 456010/6/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
Yes but it seems only in private you are comfortable showing your graphs :))post #1863 of 456010/6/13 at 12:44pmpost #1864 of 456010/6/13 at 12:49pmpost #1865 of 456010/6/13 at 1:02pmpost #1866 of 456010/6/13 at 2:10pmpost #1867 of 456010/6/13 at 2:50pmpost #1868 of 456010/6/13 at 10:41pmpost #1869 of 456010/6/13 at 10:47pmpost #1870 of 456010/7/13 at 4:18am
If the LCD-X was meant to be "better" than an LCD-3, it would be more expensive than it, or they would discontinue the LCD-3 altogether. It would also more likely be called an LCD-4 or an LCD-3.2 etc. The fact is, they messed up their numbering, as they wanted a higher number to be a better model, in which case they should have called the LCD-3 the LCD-100. This would then allow them to have a middle range with numbers like LCD-10.
Having got themselves in a muddle with numbering, they had to calling it something different altogether like LCD-X. If they are intended for studio use, they might be making a mistake to normalize the treble, because I use the LCD-3s in a studio environment and the whole reason I do, is because they give the most natural timbre I have ever heard through headphones, particularly for the piano. I rejected headphones like the HD800 or Grado PS1000 because they were far too bright and sounded wrong to my ears altogether. On the other hand if they are used for critical mixing/re-mixing, then that could be the way to go.
Either way, it is fairly clear to me that Audeze are not stopping the LCD-3, they are not going to undercut a top model with a cheaper better one (that would be stupid) and that these new headphones having a specific purpose/target market in mind.post #1871 of 456010/7/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm...I am not completely convinced on this. I just had the chance to try out a friend's brand new LCD-3 (although the graph is dated July 2013). I have an August 2012 (261) pair. I was actually quite impressed with how similar they sounded, but the graph didn't make it look that way. I think something has changed with Audeze's measuring equipment or rig that is causing them to "appear" slightly different on the graph.
Even if you go back to August/September last year, you can see some where the graph stays flatter for longer, and others where it appears to plummet after 1K. For example, here is my graph. Although it seems to start dropping fairly early (but definitely post-veil), it stays higher for longer. I have a second graph here which starts to drop later but then plummets (231 pair but repaired for veiling).
I have always been worried about some kind of ageing mutation with these, and hearing my friends new pair is a great relief indeed that mine still sound as good as they are supposed to.
P.S A lot of the newer graphs start higher up above the 90dB line, which if you normalize, shows the difference is not quite as large as it appears on the graph either.
Edited by jonstatt - 10/7/13 at 4:38ampost #1872 of 456010/7/13 at 1:44pmpost #1873 of 456010/7/13 at 2:17pmpost #1874 of 456010/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe
I already have a silver Toxic Silver Widow...If i go out I will go out with style...(jewelry) =))
I read in your thread that you used your Toxic Silver cables with the LCD-2. Are you using them with your new LCD-3? Any difference from the LCD-3 stock cables?
I am interested in changing my stock LCD-3 cables eventually.post #1875 of 456010/8/13 at 5:03amQuote:
I kept the Toxic Silver Widow for LCD3 as well, however I am not sure it is the right match with lcd3. I think it needs a little copper too. (a hybrid for example)
There is a difference between the stock and it. You have more details, better treble and transient response. However, you loose from bass weight and depth.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 46 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 57 seconds ago
- › Denver Spring Meet 2017 - May 20th 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear