Original LCD-3... darker than LCD-2 Rev2. Unveiled LCD-3, 261 2012 models, brighter. 2013 LCD-3 even brighter. LCD-X... if shooting for monitor feel is likely brighter still.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/13/14 at 3:20pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 305010/6/13 at 8:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 305010/6/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
Yes but it seems only in private you are comfortable showing your graphs :))post #1863 of 305010/6/13 at 12:44pmpost #1864 of 305010/6/13 at 12:49pmpost #1865 of 305010/6/13 at 1:02pmpost #1866 of 305010/6/13 at 2:10pmpost #1867 of 305010/6/13 at 2:50pmpost #1868 of 305010/6/13 at 10:41pmpost #1869 of 305010/6/13 at 10:47pmpost #1870 of 305010/7/13 at 4:18am
If the LCD-X was meant to be "better" than an LCD-3, it would be more expensive than it, or they would discontinue the LCD-3 altogether. It would also more likely be called an LCD-4 or an LCD-3.2 etc. The fact is, they messed up their numbering, as they wanted a higher number to be a better model, in which case they should have called the LCD-3 the LCD-100. This would then allow them to have a middle range with numbers like LCD-10.
Having got themselves in a muddle with numbering, they had to calling it something different altogether like LCD-X. If they are intended for studio use, they might be making a mistake to normalize the treble, because I use the LCD-3s in a studio environment and the whole reason I do, is because they give the most natural timbre I have ever heard through headphones, particularly for the piano. I rejected headphones like the HD800 or Grado PS1000 because they were far too bright and sounded wrong to my ears altogether. On the other hand if they are used for critical mixing/re-mixing, then that could be the way to go.
Either way, it is fairly clear to me that Audeze are not stopping the LCD-3, they are not going to undercut a top model with a cheaper better one (that would be stupid) and that these new headphones having a specific purpose/target market in mind.post #1871 of 305010/7/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm...I am not completely convinced on this. I just had the chance to try out a friend's brand new LCD-3 (although the graph is dated July 2013). I have an August 2012 (261) pair. I was actually quite impressed with how similar they sounded, but the graph didn't make it look that way. I think something has changed with Audeze's measuring equipment or rig that is causing them to "appear" slightly different on the graph.
Even if you go back to August/September last year, you can see some where the graph stays flatter for longer, and others where it appears to plummet after 1K. For example, here is my graph. Although it seems to start dropping fairly early (but definitely post-veil), it stays higher for longer. I have a second graph here which starts to drop later but then plummets (231 pair but repaired for veiling).
I have always been worried about some kind of ageing mutation with these, and hearing my friends new pair is a great relief indeed that mine still sound as good as they are supposed to.
P.S A lot of the newer graphs start higher up above the 90dB line, which if you normalize, shows the difference is not quite as large as it appears on the graph either.
Edited by jonstatt - 10/7/13 at 4:38ampost #1872 of 305010/7/13 at 1:44pmpost #1873 of 305010/7/13 at 2:17pmpost #1874 of 305010/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe
I already have a silver Toxic Silver Widow...If i go out I will go out with style...(jewelry) =))
I read in your thread that you used your Toxic Silver cables with the LCD-2. Are you using them with your new LCD-3? Any difference from the LCD-3 stock cables?
I am interested in changing my stock LCD-3 cables eventually.post #1875 of 305010/8/13 at 5:03amQuote:
I kept the Toxic Silver Widow for LCD3 as well, however I am not sure it is the right match with lcd3. I think it needs a little copper too. (a hybrid for example)
There is a difference between the stock and it. You have more details, better treble and transient response. However, you loose from bass weight and depth.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Eastern Electric - new DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Need help on a predicament! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › Chris Himself cable cuts out when 3.5mm plug is rotated 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)