Original LCD-3... darker than LCD-2 Rev2. Unveiled LCD-3, 261 2012 models, brighter. 2013 LCD-3 even brighter. LCD-X... if shooting for monitor feel is likely brighter still.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 349410/6/13 at 8:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 349410/6/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
Yes but it seems only in private you are comfortable showing your graphs :))post #1863 of 349410/6/13 at 12:44pmpost #1864 of 349410/6/13 at 12:49pmpost #1865 of 349410/6/13 at 1:02pmpost #1866 of 349410/6/13 at 2:10pmpost #1867 of 349410/6/13 at 2:50pmpost #1868 of 349410/6/13 at 10:41pmpost #1869 of 349410/6/13 at 10:47pmpost #1870 of 349410/7/13 at 4:18am
If the LCD-X was meant to be "better" than an LCD-3, it would be more expensive than it, or they would discontinue the LCD-3 altogether. It would also more likely be called an LCD-4 or an LCD-3.2 etc. The fact is, they messed up their numbering, as they wanted a higher number to be a better model, in which case they should have called the LCD-3 the LCD-100. This would then allow them to have a middle range with numbers like LCD-10.
Having got themselves in a muddle with numbering, they had to calling it something different altogether like LCD-X. If they are intended for studio use, they might be making a mistake to normalize the treble, because I use the LCD-3s in a studio environment and the whole reason I do, is because they give the most natural timbre I have ever heard through headphones, particularly for the piano. I rejected headphones like the HD800 or Grado PS1000 because they were far too bright and sounded wrong to my ears altogether. On the other hand if they are used for critical mixing/re-mixing, then that could be the way to go.
Either way, it is fairly clear to me that Audeze are not stopping the LCD-3, they are not going to undercut a top model with a cheaper better one (that would be stupid) and that these new headphones having a specific purpose/target market in mind.post #1871 of 349410/7/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm...I am not completely convinced on this. I just had the chance to try out a friend's brand new LCD-3 (although the graph is dated July 2013). I have an August 2012 (261) pair. I was actually quite impressed with how similar they sounded, but the graph didn't make it look that way. I think something has changed with Audeze's measuring equipment or rig that is causing them to "appear" slightly different on the graph.
Even if you go back to August/September last year, you can see some where the graph stays flatter for longer, and others where it appears to plummet after 1K. For example, here is my graph. Although it seems to start dropping fairly early (but definitely post-veil), it stays higher for longer. I have a second graph here which starts to drop later but then plummets (231 pair but repaired for veiling).
I have always been worried about some kind of ageing mutation with these, and hearing my friends new pair is a great relief indeed that mine still sound as good as they are supposed to.
P.S A lot of the newer graphs start higher up above the 90dB line, which if you normalize, shows the difference is not quite as large as it appears on the graph either.
Edited by jonstatt - 10/7/13 at 4:38ampost #1872 of 349410/7/13 at 1:44pmpost #1873 of 349410/7/13 at 2:17pmpost #1874 of 349410/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe
I already have a silver Toxic Silver Widow...If i go out I will go out with style...(jewelry) =))
I read in your thread that you used your Toxic Silver cables with the LCD-2. Are you using them with your new LCD-3? Any difference from the LCD-3 stock cables?
I am interested in changing my stock LCD-3 cables eventually.post #1875 of 349410/8/13 at 5:03amQuote:
I kept the Toxic Silver Widow for LCD3 as well, however I am not sure it is the right match with lcd3. I think it needs a little copper too. (a hybrid for example)
There is a difference between the stock and it. You have more details, better treble and transient response. However, you loose from bass weight and depth.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 9 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 20 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 29 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 37 seconds ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 1 minute ago
- › Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 1 minute ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)