Original LCD-3... darker than LCD-2 Rev2. Unveiled LCD-3, 261 2012 models, brighter. 2013 LCD-3 even brighter. LCD-X... if shooting for monitor feel is likely brighter still.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 321610/6/13 at 8:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 321610/6/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
Yes but it seems only in private you are comfortable showing your graphs :))post #1863 of 321610/6/13 at 12:44pmpost #1864 of 321610/6/13 at 12:49pmpost #1865 of 321610/6/13 at 1:02pmpost #1866 of 321610/6/13 at 2:10pmpost #1867 of 321610/6/13 at 2:50pmpost #1868 of 321610/6/13 at 10:41pmpost #1869 of 321610/6/13 at 10:47pmpost #1870 of 321610/7/13 at 4:18am
If the LCD-X was meant to be "better" than an LCD-3, it would be more expensive than it, or they would discontinue the LCD-3 altogether. It would also more likely be called an LCD-4 or an LCD-3.2 etc. The fact is, they messed up their numbering, as they wanted a higher number to be a better model, in which case they should have called the LCD-3 the LCD-100. This would then allow them to have a middle range with numbers like LCD-10.
Having got themselves in a muddle with numbering, they had to calling it something different altogether like LCD-X. If they are intended for studio use, they might be making a mistake to normalize the treble, because I use the LCD-3s in a studio environment and the whole reason I do, is because they give the most natural timbre I have ever heard through headphones, particularly for the piano. I rejected headphones like the HD800 or Grado PS1000 because they were far too bright and sounded wrong to my ears altogether. On the other hand if they are used for critical mixing/re-mixing, then that could be the way to go.
Either way, it is fairly clear to me that Audeze are not stopping the LCD-3, they are not going to undercut a top model with a cheaper better one (that would be stupid) and that these new headphones having a specific purpose/target market in mind.post #1871 of 321610/7/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm...I am not completely convinced on this. I just had the chance to try out a friend's brand new LCD-3 (although the graph is dated July 2013). I have an August 2012 (261) pair. I was actually quite impressed with how similar they sounded, but the graph didn't make it look that way. I think something has changed with Audeze's measuring equipment or rig that is causing them to "appear" slightly different on the graph.
Even if you go back to August/September last year, you can see some where the graph stays flatter for longer, and others where it appears to plummet after 1K. For example, here is my graph. Although it seems to start dropping fairly early (but definitely post-veil), it stays higher for longer. I have a second graph here which starts to drop later but then plummets (231 pair but repaired for veiling).
I have always been worried about some kind of ageing mutation with these, and hearing my friends new pair is a great relief indeed that mine still sound as good as they are supposed to.
P.S A lot of the newer graphs start higher up above the 90dB line, which if you normalize, shows the difference is not quite as large as it appears on the graph either.
Edited by jonstatt - 10/7/13 at 4:38ampost #1872 of 321610/7/13 at 1:44pmpost #1873 of 321610/7/13 at 2:17pmpost #1874 of 321610/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe
I already have a silver Toxic Silver Widow...If i go out I will go out with style...(jewelry) =))
I read in your thread that you used your Toxic Silver cables with the LCD-2. Are you using them with your new LCD-3? Any difference from the LCD-3 stock cables?
I am interested in changing my stock LCD-3 cables eventually.post #1875 of 321610/8/13 at 5:03amQuote:
I kept the Toxic Silver Widow for LCD3 as well, however I am not sure it is the right match with lcd3. I think it needs a little copper too. (a hybrid for example)
There is a difference between the stock and it. You have more details, better treble and transient response. However, you loose from bass weight and depth.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 20 seconds ago
- › Ifi ican nano - any impressions? 48 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE-800, Fitear ToGo!334, Heaven VI, Rhapsodio RDBv1 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cant decide on headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)