or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 123

post #1831 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

I'm looking forward to the reviews/impressions, but if I wanted a more neutral-ish sound - I'd rather go with the HE-6. I've always loved Audeze's house sound. I can't imagine them doing something that is more neutral. Price is a bit steep IMO, especially for the closed version. I think Dan's Alpha will be tough to beat...

 

it better not beat the hifigirl he-6

post #1832 of 4453

To me more 'neutral' means less bass which I know is something I would not like so likely the LCD-3 will reign supreme for me. 

 

I am interested in hearing the LCD-XC closed cans however. 

post #1833 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post
 

To me more 'neutral' means less bass which I know is something I would not like so likely the LCD-3 will reign supreme for me. 

 

I am interested in hearing the LCD-XC closed cans however. 

 

to me the LCD-3 are already bass lean as they are. i find the LCD-2 to have more bass, and the HD 800 actually coming close.

post #1834 of 4453
Yeap, a bit more bass would be fine. Audeze, do you hear that? smily_headphones1.gif
post #1835 of 4453

I'm fine with the bass as is for a reference style headphone. If I want more bass, I can throw on the TH-900. More neutrality though? Hmm... that will take away some of the magic IMO.

post #1836 of 4453
Just a tiny bit, not much smily_headphones1.gif
post #1837 of 4453

Anyway...if it is better than lcd3 (which i bought THIS FREAKING week) ...:

 

post #1838 of 4453

Will be interested as well in the comparison. I've got the LCD2.2 and was thinking on upgrading to the LCD3, but I might hold off and see how the LCD X/XC turn out. My hope is that the XC is at least as good as the 2.2 but closed, obviously will sound different in ways. Might even keep the 2.2 and add the closed in addition for use at work.

post #1839 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

Anyway...if it is better than lcd3 (which i bought THIS FREAKING week) ...:

 

 

Hip to be square! Hey Paul!

 

-Daniel

post #1840 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

 

Hip to be square! Hey Paul!

 

-Daniel

 

Or: :))

 

post #1841 of 4453

Can't wait till someone does a shoot out of all the LCD series

post #1842 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post
 

To me more 'neutral' means less bass which I know is something I would not like so likely the LCD-3 will reign supreme for me. 

 

I am interested in hearing the LCD-XC closed cans however. 

 

In the case of the LCD's, more neutral would be a tad bit more presence from mid-highs and up. I really hope I'll like the LCD-X, as ultimately, I've kept the HD800/HE6 over the LCD3... Twice 

:o 

post #1843 of 4453
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

In the case of the LCD's, more neutral would be a tad bit more presence from mid-highs and up. I really hope I'll like the LCD-X, as ultimately, I've kept the HD800/HE6 over the LCD3... Twice 
redface.gif  

And I for one certainly don 't want a brighter ortho . Had that and sold it in the HE-6s.

The LCD-3's are incredibly unique that way. Very natural and ethereal sounding.
post #1844 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


And I for one certainly don 't want a brighter ortho . Had that and sold it in the HE-6s.

The LCD-3's are incredibly unique that way. Very natural and ethereal sounding.

 

You're right and that's an actual flaw with the HE-6s. Nobody said they're perfect (well, except for preproman maybe :) ) It does not have to be bright if it's closer to neutral or neutral. It will be interesting how the LCD-Xs actually turn out to be, but I truly welcome more neutral Audezes (as said if they're NOT bright). I think there's headway between the warmness of the LCD-3s and less so.


Edited by negura - 10/5/13 at 3:55pm
post #1845 of 4453
would suck if Audeze strays too far from their sound signature, becoming more hifiman-esque (meaning more treble tilted with a more neutral sound, i love hifiman though), or worse, becoming dry and analytical sounding planars. ortho veiling + flatness, no thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread