Hi everyone I just got my LCD3's and honestly they sound fantastic and they are currently powered by a Bottlehead SEX but it sounds like I could get a bit more out of these headphones so I need some suggestions on what to get amp wise while trying to keep it around $1000. Thanks in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 121post #1801 of 375110/2/13 at 4:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1802 of 375110/2/13 at 5:20pmpost #1803 of 375110/2/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Did you actually like the B22 with the LCD pairing? I recall remembering seeing you dislike the amp.post #1804 of 375110/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #1805 of 375110/2/13 at 6:01pmI think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
Edited by Solude - 10/2/13 at 6:35pmpost #1806 of 375110/2/13 at 6:08pmpost #1807 of 375110/2/13 at 9:42pm
I have heard the soloist and wasn't too impressed but I have head the MJ and it sounded very good. I would love to try out the B22 as I love DIY but was wondering if it would sound different with 2, 3 or 4 boards? also 2 vs 1 Sigma 22 on the balanced configuration.post #1808 of 375110/2/13 at 11:38pmpost #1809 of 375110/3/13 at 2:56amQuote:
3 board is spending money to lose performance avoid like the plague. 2 and 4 didn't sound any different to me. The measured performance is already so high that doubling it really didn't change anything for me. That said, dual O22 isn't needed for headphone use. If you want to use it on speakers, yes.
If you didn't like the Soloist, you might want to steer clear of the GS-1/GS-X as well. Very similar circuits and resulting sound. Their sound being sounding like the source so if it was in a meet setting it might be the source you didn't like. If at home with your own source... get another source ;)post #1810 of 375110/3/13 at 4:21am
Hi guys! Just wanted to chime in after being a long time lurker. Yesterday my LCD-3 and the Burson Conductor arrived! Only had about two hours of listening but, man do they sound good! :)After six months of reading I finally took the plunge!post #1811 of 375110/3/13 at 4:40am
I received my LCD-3 last week and besides a quick 5 mins to check they worked, have not listened properly yet. I have a pair of Abyss arriving tomorrow, so the only missing link now is the Cavalli LAu which is due Saturday...............post #1812 of 375110/3/13 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
What are those 3 amps? Soloist, GS-X and...?
Please let us know your impressions of Mjolnir 2013 Edition when it arrives :)post #1813 of 375110/3/13 at 6:04am
GS-X mk2, Apex Peak /w 5692, Soloist in that order. The jump from Soloist to Peak is about natural dynamics and blackness, Peak to GS-X mk2 adds a whole other level of resolution right across the board and completely effortless sound. Soloist to Peak is a smaller gain than Peak to GS-X mk2.post #1814 of 375110/3/13 at 7:07ampost #1815 of 375110/3/13 at 8:00am
If I was to use my crystal ball I would say a circlotron with tube input from Schiit would bump it up and over the B22 and likely Soloist. My biggest problem with the Mjolnir was tonal balance. Again the Mjolnir is suppose to be in house today so we'll see if that is a function of my old source or the amp.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 46 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2