Hi everyone I just got my LCD3's and honestly they sound fantastic and they are currently powered by a Bottlehead SEX but it sounds like I could get a bit more out of these headphones so I need some suggestions on what to get amp wise while trying to keep it around $1000. Thanks in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 121post #1801 of 411810/2/13 at 4:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1802 of 411810/2/13 at 5:20pmpost #1803 of 411810/2/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Did you actually like the B22 with the LCD pairing? I recall remembering seeing you dislike the amp.post #1804 of 411810/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #1805 of 411810/2/13 at 6:01pmI think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
Edited by Solude - 10/2/13 at 6:35pmpost #1806 of 411810/2/13 at 6:08pmpost #1807 of 411810/2/13 at 9:42pm
I have heard the soloist and wasn't too impressed but I have head the MJ and it sounded very good. I would love to try out the B22 as I love DIY but was wondering if it would sound different with 2, 3 or 4 boards? also 2 vs 1 Sigma 22 on the balanced configuration.post #1808 of 411810/2/13 at 11:38pmpost #1809 of 411810/3/13 at 2:56amQuote:
3 board is spending money to lose performance avoid like the plague. 2 and 4 didn't sound any different to me. The measured performance is already so high that doubling it really didn't change anything for me. That said, dual O22 isn't needed for headphone use. If you want to use it on speakers, yes.
If you didn't like the Soloist, you might want to steer clear of the GS-1/GS-X as well. Very similar circuits and resulting sound. Their sound being sounding like the source so if it was in a meet setting it might be the source you didn't like. If at home with your own source... get another source ;)post #1810 of 411810/3/13 at 4:21am
Hi guys! Just wanted to chime in after being a long time lurker. Yesterday my LCD-3 and the Burson Conductor arrived! Only had about two hours of listening but, man do they sound good! :)After six months of reading I finally took the plunge!post #1811 of 411810/3/13 at 4:40am
I received my LCD-3 last week and besides a quick 5 mins to check they worked, have not listened properly yet. I have a pair of Abyss arriving tomorrow, so the only missing link now is the Cavalli LAu which is due Saturday...............post #1812 of 411810/3/13 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
What are those 3 amps? Soloist, GS-X and...?
Please let us know your impressions of Mjolnir 2013 Edition when it arrives :)post #1813 of 411810/3/13 at 6:04am
GS-X mk2, Apex Peak /w 5692, Soloist in that order. The jump from Soloist to Peak is about natural dynamics and blackness, Peak to GS-X mk2 adds a whole other level of resolution right across the board and completely effortless sound. Soloist to Peak is a smaller gain than Peak to GS-X mk2.post #1814 of 411810/3/13 at 7:07ampost #1815 of 411810/3/13 at 8:00am
If I was to use my crystal ball I would say a circlotron with tube input from Schiit would bump it up and over the B22 and likely Soloist. My biggest problem with the Mjolnir was tonal balance. Again the Mjolnir is suppose to be in house today so we'll see if that is a function of my old source or the amp.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The Stax Thread III 10 seconds ago
- › Need help finding a great pair of headphones please (details inside) 28 seconds ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Sport Headphones Sweepstakes!! 1 minute ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2