Hi everyone I just got my LCD3's and honestly they sound fantastic and they are currently powered by a Bottlehead SEX but it sounds like I could get a bit more out of these headphones so I need some suggestions on what to get amp wise while trying to keep it around $1000. Thanks in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on Yesterday at 12:39 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 121post #1801 of 295710/2/13 at 4:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1802 of 295710/2/13 at 5:20pmpost #1803 of 295710/2/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Did you actually like the B22 with the LCD pairing? I recall remembering seeing you dislike the amp.post #1804 of 295710/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #1805 of 295710/2/13 at 6:01pmI think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
Edited by Solude - 10/2/13 at 6:35pmpost #1806 of 295710/2/13 at 6:08pmpost #1807 of 295710/2/13 at 9:42pm
I have heard the soloist and wasn't too impressed but I have head the MJ and it sounded very good. I would love to try out the B22 as I love DIY but was wondering if it would sound different with 2, 3 or 4 boards? also 2 vs 1 Sigma 22 on the balanced configuration.post #1808 of 295710/2/13 at 11:38pmpost #1809 of 295710/3/13 at 2:56amQuote:
3 board is spending money to lose performance avoid like the plague. 2 and 4 didn't sound any different to me. The measured performance is already so high that doubling it really didn't change anything for me. That said, dual O22 isn't needed for headphone use. If you want to use it on speakers, yes.
If you didn't like the Soloist, you might want to steer clear of the GS-1/GS-X as well. Very similar circuits and resulting sound. Their sound being sounding like the source so if it was in a meet setting it might be the source you didn't like. If at home with your own source... get another source ;)post #1810 of 295710/3/13 at 4:21am
Hi guys! Just wanted to chime in after being a long time lurker. Yesterday my LCD-3 and the Burson Conductor arrived! Only had about two hours of listening but, man do they sound good! :)After six months of reading I finally took the plunge!post #1811 of 295710/3/13 at 4:40am
I received my LCD-3 last week and besides a quick 5 mins to check they worked, have not listened properly yet. I have a pair of Abyss arriving tomorrow, so the only missing link now is the Cavalli LAu which is due Saturday...............post #1812 of 295710/3/13 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
What are those 3 amps? Soloist, GS-X and...?
Please let us know your impressions of Mjolnir 2013 Edition when it arrives :)post #1813 of 295710/3/13 at 6:04am
GS-X mk2, Apex Peak /w 5692, Soloist in that order. The jump from Soloist to Peak is about natural dynamics and blackness, Peak to GS-X mk2 adds a whole other level of resolution right across the board and completely effortless sound. Soloist to Peak is a smaller gain than Peak to GS-X mk2.post #1814 of 295710/3/13 at 7:07ampost #1815 of 295710/3/13 at 8:00am
If I was to use my crystal ball I would say a circlotron with tube input from Schiit would bump it up and over the B22 and likely Soloist. My biggest problem with the Mjolnir was tonal balance. Again the Mjolnir is suppose to be in house today so we'll see if that is a function of my old source or the amp.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Book recommendation? 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good hardshell headphone case 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Green energy development & climate change 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)