Hi everyone I just got my LCD3's and honestly they sound fantastic and they are currently powered by a Bottlehead SEX but it sounds like I could get a bit more out of these headphones so I need some suggestions on what to get amp wise while trying to keep it around $1000. Thanks in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 121post #1801 of 374110/2/13 at 4:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1802 of 374110/2/13 at 5:20pmpost #1803 of 374110/2/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Did you actually like the B22 with the LCD pairing? I recall remembering seeing you dislike the amp.post #1804 of 374110/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #1805 of 374110/2/13 at 6:01pmI think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
Edited by Solude - 10/2/13 at 6:35pmpost #1806 of 374110/2/13 at 6:08pmpost #1807 of 374110/2/13 at 9:42pm
I have heard the soloist and wasn't too impressed but I have head the MJ and it sounded very good. I would love to try out the B22 as I love DIY but was wondering if it would sound different with 2, 3 or 4 boards? also 2 vs 1 Sigma 22 on the balanced configuration.post #1808 of 374110/2/13 at 11:38pmpost #1809 of 374110/3/13 at 2:56amQuote:
3 board is spending money to lose performance avoid like the plague. 2 and 4 didn't sound any different to me. The measured performance is already so high that doubling it really didn't change anything for me. That said, dual O22 isn't needed for headphone use. If you want to use it on speakers, yes.
If you didn't like the Soloist, you might want to steer clear of the GS-1/GS-X as well. Very similar circuits and resulting sound. Their sound being sounding like the source so if it was in a meet setting it might be the source you didn't like. If at home with your own source... get another source ;)post #1810 of 374110/3/13 at 4:21am
Hi guys! Just wanted to chime in after being a long time lurker. Yesterday my LCD-3 and the Burson Conductor arrived! Only had about two hours of listening but, man do they sound good! :)After six months of reading I finally took the plunge!post #1811 of 374110/3/13 at 4:40am
I received my LCD-3 last week and besides a quick 5 mins to check they worked, have not listened properly yet. I have a pair of Abyss arriving tomorrow, so the only missing link now is the Cavalli LAu which is due Saturday...............post #1812 of 374110/3/13 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
What are those 3 amps? Soloist, GS-X and...?
Please let us know your impressions of Mjolnir 2013 Edition when it arrives :)post #1813 of 374110/3/13 at 6:04am
GS-X mk2, Apex Peak /w 5692, Soloist in that order. The jump from Soloist to Peak is about natural dynamics and blackness, Peak to GS-X mk2 adds a whole other level of resolution right across the board and completely effortless sound. Soloist to Peak is a smaller gain than Peak to GS-X mk2.post #1814 of 374110/3/13 at 7:07ampost #1815 of 374110/3/13 at 8:00am
If I was to use my crystal ball I would say a circlotron with tube input from Schiit would bump it up and over the B22 and likely Soloist. My biggest problem with the Mjolnir was tonal balance. Again the Mjolnir is suppose to be in house today so we'll see if that is a function of my old source or the amp.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › The Vero Revolutionary Headphone Cabling System by MIT 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 13 minutes ago
- › BNIB Westone W30 14 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2