Hi everyone I just got my LCD3's and honestly they sound fantastic and they are currently powered by a Bottlehead SEX but it sounds like I could get a bit more out of these headphones so I need some suggestions on what to get amp wise while trying to keep it around $1000. Thanks in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 4/24/16 at 5:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 121post #1801 of 429710/2/13 at 4:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1802 of 429710/2/13 at 5:20pmpost #1803 of 429710/2/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
Did you actually like the B22 with the LCD pairing? I recall remembering seeing you dislike the amp.post #1804 of 429710/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #1805 of 429710/2/13 at 6:01pmI think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
Edited by Solude - 10/2/13 at 6:35pmpost #1806 of 429710/2/13 at 6:08pmpost #1807 of 429710/2/13 at 9:42pm
I have heard the soloist and wasn't too impressed but I have head the MJ and it sounded very good. I would love to try out the B22 as I love DIY but was wondering if it would sound different with 2, 3 or 4 boards? also 2 vs 1 Sigma 22 on the balanced configuration.post #1808 of 429710/2/13 at 11:38pmpost #1809 of 429710/3/13 at 2:56amQuote:
3 board is spending money to lose performance avoid like the plague. 2 and 4 didn't sound any different to me. The measured performance is already so high that doubling it really didn't change anything for me. That said, dual O22 isn't needed for headphone use. If you want to use it on speakers, yes.
If you didn't like the Soloist, you might want to steer clear of the GS-1/GS-X as well. Very similar circuits and resulting sound. Their sound being sounding like the source so if it was in a meet setting it might be the source you didn't like. If at home with your own source... get another source ;)post #1810 of 429710/3/13 at 4:21am
Hi guys! Just wanted to chime in after being a long time lurker. Yesterday my LCD-3 and the Burson Conductor arrived! Only had about two hours of listening but, man do they sound good! :)After six months of reading I finally took the plunge!post #1811 of 429710/3/13 at 4:40am
I received my LCD-3 last week and besides a quick 5 mins to check they worked, have not listened properly yet. I have a pair of Abyss arriving tomorrow, so the only missing link now is the Cavalli LAu which is due Saturday...............post #1812 of 429710/3/13 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I think my HD800 travels overshadow the massive amp rolling review I did last summer. Long story short the B22 took that competition sending some amps costing $3400+ packing. I like it, I just like a few other amps more. And the better list is 3 amps long. Number 4 in a cost no object list is good no?
What are those 3 amps? Soloist, GS-X and...?
Please let us know your impressions of Mjolnir 2013 Edition when it arrives :)post #1813 of 429710/3/13 at 6:04am
GS-X mk2, Apex Peak /w 5692, Soloist in that order. The jump from Soloist to Peak is about natural dynamics and blackness, Peak to GS-X mk2 adds a whole other level of resolution right across the board and completely effortless sound. Soloist to Peak is a smaller gain than Peak to GS-X mk2.post #1814 of 429710/3/13 at 7:07ampost #1815 of 429710/3/13 at 8:00am
If I was to use my crystal ball I would say a circlotron with tube input from Schiit would bump it up and over the B22 and likely Soloist. My biggest problem with the Mjolnir was tonal balance. Again the Mjolnir is suppose to be in house today so we'll see if that is a function of my old source or the amp.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 16 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Bluetooth Wireless 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...