Need an impedance swing to get colour. Senn yes, Audeze no.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 120post #1786 of 37119/27/13 at 3:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1787 of 37119/27/13 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm done with amps now that the GS-X MK2 is here....it's that good.
For that price range, I'd look at the Burson Soloist or Peak/Volcano as Solude mentioned.post #1788 of 37119/27/13 at 6:09pmpost #1789 of 37119/27/13 at 7:19pmpost #1790 of 37119/27/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
Mines going in a rack :) But i do get your point they are massive, pity the shipping across the pond is quite high too..
Lucky for me its close !post #1791 of 37119/27/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
+1post #1792 of 371110/1/13 at 3:38pmpost #1793 of 371110/1/13 at 4:08pmpost #1794 of 371110/2/13 at 2:28amQuote:
Congrats man! Now you can rock hard if you want
I liked what I have heard from your vegan LCD-3 yesterday, i think you may have an airier sound compared to a regular LCD-3.post #1795 of 371110/2/13 at 6:07am
I got my extended yoke rods in yesterday and they do help a bit with comfort, but I feel that the optimal size for my head would have been somewhere in between the longest length on the shorter rods and the next step up on the extended rods.
Congrats! I find that it always takes a few songs to adjust when switching between the two, but that combo covers almost every genre out there and does it well.
Just don't start listening to Stax gear or your wallet will really start hating you.post #1796 of 371110/2/13 at 8:12amQuote:
Thanks, Steve. Yes it does. The switching from one another can be tricky. If you listen to lcd3 to one song and to the next with hd800, next with lcd3....you will end up not enjoying either :))
I am trying not to get into stax... I don't want to get into the stax amp territory :)) . I am waiting for the dynamics to evolve (and from what I heard some headphones have some areas comparable/better than staxes) :))post #1797 of 371110/2/13 at 8:52amQuote:
I hear the two sides don't have to be the same ;)post #1798 of 371110/2/13 at 11:27am
True that. As good as the LCD-3s are.
Edited by negura - 10/2/13 at 11:31ampost #1799 of 371110/2/13 at 11:32am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › "The Lab" 5 seconds ago
- › Westone w40 short review, includes pictures. 29 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2