Need an impedance swing to get colour. Senn yes, Audeze no.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 120post #1786 of 35029/27/13 at 3:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1787 of 35029/27/13 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm done with amps now that the GS-X MK2 is here....it's that good.
For that price range, I'd look at the Burson Soloist or Peak/Volcano as Solude mentioned.post #1788 of 35029/27/13 at 6:09pmpost #1789 of 35029/27/13 at 7:19pmpost #1790 of 35029/27/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
Mines going in a rack :) But i do get your point they are massive, pity the shipping across the pond is quite high too..
Lucky for me its close !post #1791 of 35029/27/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
+1post #1792 of 350210/1/13 at 3:38pmpost #1793 of 350210/1/13 at 4:08pmpost #1794 of 350210/2/13 at 2:28amQuote:
Congrats man! Now you can rock hard if you want
I liked what I have heard from your vegan LCD-3 yesterday, i think you may have an airier sound compared to a regular LCD-3.post #1795 of 350210/2/13 at 6:07am
I got my extended yoke rods in yesterday and they do help a bit with comfort, but I feel that the optimal size for my head would have been somewhere in between the longest length on the shorter rods and the next step up on the extended rods.
Congrats! I find that it always takes a few songs to adjust when switching between the two, but that combo covers almost every genre out there and does it well.
Just don't start listening to Stax gear or your wallet will really start hating you.post #1796 of 350210/2/13 at 8:12amQuote:
Thanks, Steve. Yes it does. The switching from one another can be tricky. If you listen to lcd3 to one song and to the next with hd800, next with lcd3....you will end up not enjoying either :))
I am trying not to get into stax... I don't want to get into the stax amp territory :)) . I am waiting for the dynamics to evolve (and from what I heard some headphones have some areas comparable/better than staxes) :))post #1797 of 350210/2/13 at 8:52amQuote:
I hear the two sides don't have to be the same ;)post #1798 of 350210/2/13 at 11:27am
True that. As good as the LCD-3s are.
Edited by negura - 10/2/13 at 11:31ampost #1799 of 350210/2/13 at 11:32am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Prime 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DAC Amp HA200 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 or Philips X2/27 Fidelio Headphones 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 14 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3