or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 98

post #1456 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

Nope, Stratus and a BLACK GS-X mk2... 

 

Stats are too... well boring (IMO). I need some paint in my waves.

 

So what didn't you like about the tube rollers dream amp?

post #1457 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

So what didn't you like about the tube rollers dream amp?

 

Ha, tough question to answer really because before I hit up a few meets and heard some more expensive amps - the LG was the most enjoyable amp I'd heard. The GS-X mk2 was just better in almost every way and with all my headphones but the HD800. I still enjoy the HD800's the most with a good tube amp. I'm hoping the Stratus is a step up. I miss my GS-X mk2 + LCD-3 already, and it has only been gone a day. Truly the best I've heard the LCD-3.. 

 

The main reason I got rid of the LG was actually the main reason I bought it in the first place. I loved the idea of tube rolling, but I just don't have the disposable income or patience to deal with finding the "right/best" tube for each headphone I own. I also found the amp to be not used as much once I got the GS-X. Like I said, the only time I was using the LG was when I listened to the HD800, and that is my least used headphone..


Edited by Greed - 9/8/13 at 5:37pm
post #1458 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

Ah - is that right.  No didgital lens though..

 

The digital lens is NativeX.  When you use the bridge the signal goes through the lens(NativeX) before hitting the DAC where if you select NativeX it passed through the lens again.  USB>SPDIF converters are by their very native digital lens so if you use the Ciunas you pass through one digital lens and then the PWD2 digital lens with NativeX turned on.

post #1459 of 4453

head-fi is evil. I was pretty happy with my current rig, was trying to resist upgrade urges and now I can't sleep at night thinking of preproman's PWD2 :blink:

post #1460 of 4453

i keep thinking about my GSX 2 arriving and me also upgrading my woos to WA22 and getting HE-6

post #1461 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post
 

head-fi is evil. I was pretty happy with my current rig, was trying to resist upgrade urges and now I can't sleep at night thinking of preproman's PWD2 :blink:

 

 

Get it.. Get it..  It's a great deal :biggrin:

post #1462 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

 

Get it.. Get it..  It's a great deal :biggrin:

 

PERSONALITY 1: I know, right? :L3000:

 

PERSONALITY 2: Stop it! :mad:

post #1463 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

$1695 NIB LCD-3 FS right now....the kid has no feedback though :confused_face:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680474/brand-new-audeze-lcd-3-unopened

 

If you use PayPal there is a protection.

 

i used to think so also, but when i was ripped off - sold a fake pair of audio-technica cans - paypal was useless to me. it has been suggested that they are of more help when the item in question has been purchased through ebay, but don't count on it. they drove me crasy for 2 months and then refused to do anything: i had sent them all the info and the headphones. paypal is not your friend although it is convenient. this was over a mere $80.00. i wonder if they are quicker to screw you over if you've lost $800.  

post #1464 of 4453
'The kid' has been very active on Head-Fi over the past couple of weeks asking lots of questions. He might be okay but I wouldn't chance it with something so expensive. I've not been ripped off yet but I've had plenty of people trying it on.
post #1465 of 4453

Fwiw, I've been scammed by 10+ positive feedback 1000+ post members so....

 

I personally don't take the chance and pay up 100 or whatever extra to get the item from a reasonably respected member that you can most likely trust. The risk is not worth one less Benjamin imo.


Edited by Girls Generation - 9/9/13 at 4:40pm
post #1466 of 4453

Anyone have a trick for loosening up this headband?

post #1467 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

Fwiw, I've been scammed by 10+ positive feedback 1000+ post members so....

 

I personally don't take the chance and pay up 100 or whatever extra to get the item from a reasonably respected member that you can most likely trust. The risk is not worth one less Benjamin imo.

 

 

+1

 

usually paypal has come through with me with other times i've been scammed out of smaller amounts, never been scammed out of a large amount yet on head-fi, but i always try to trade with reputable/active members as well.

 

the ones with low feedback should get their ratings up by selling magni/modi combos and accessories like tubes/cables. :D

post #1468 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
 

Anyone have a trick for loosening up this headband?

 

Grab both ends of the band BUT PUT YOUR THUMBS ON TOP SO THAT THE GAP BETWEEN THEM IS EXACTLY EXACTLY IN THE MIDDLE, carefully distribute equal strength and bend out in quick successions, not one huge bend, but just work it lightly. Keep testing every now and then to see if it fits nicer. You don't want it lopsided.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

+1

 

usually paypal has come through with me with other times i've been scammed out of smaller amounts, never been scammed out of a large amount yet on head-fi, but i always try to trade with reputable/active members as well.

 

the ones with low feedback should get their ratings up by selling magni/modi combos and accessories like tubes/cables. :D

 

Imagine people getting 30+ feedback by reselling small stuff, in efforts to scam grail gear... 

post #1469 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

Fwiw, I've been scammed by 10+ positive feedback 1000+ post members so....

 

I personally don't take the chance and pay up 100 or whatever extra to get the item from a reasonably respected member that you can most likely trust. The risk is not worth one less Benjamin imo.

 

 

+1

 

usually paypal has come through with me with other times i've been scammed out of smaller amounts, never been scammed out of a large amount yet on head-fi, but i always try to trade with reputable/active members as well.

 

the ones with low feedback should get their ratings up by selling magni/modi combos and accessories like tubes/cables. :D

 

so glad you've had better luck with paypal support. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they refused to help me. it seemed strange.

post #1470 of 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post
 

 

Grab both ends of the band BUT PUT YOUR THUMBS ON TOP SO THAT THE GAP BETWEEN THEM IS EXACTLY EXACTLY IN THE MIDDLE, carefully distribute equal strength and bend out in quick successions, not one huge bend, but just work it lightly. Keep testing every now and then to see if it fits nicer. You don't want it lopsided.

 

 

Imagine people getting 30+ feedback by reselling small stuff, in efforts to scam grail gear... 

 

+1

 

someone showed me how to loosen the headband on HE-500 and LCD-2/3 and i was surprised at how well it worked, much lighter feeling and more comfortable.

 

 

lol, i've seen that happen before, but it wouldn't work on here since it'd be too much work and loss of money/time to resell small stuff, and people who sell high value stuff here wouldn't trust that 30+ feedback unless they have some high value trades as well, have been here a while, are reputable, and have good post count. etc. most will also not ship without receiving some payment.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread