or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 95

post #1411 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

How does someone impose anything on a forum?  No one here can force anyone to do anything or remove any of their rights.  In the end its just an opinion and some advice.  Up to the individual what they do with it.

 

in a way it's like holding a gun up to their head and say you can do whatever you want but if you don't do what i like i shoot you :D

post #1412 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

How does someone impose anything on a forum?  No one here can force anyone to do anything or remove any of their rights.  In the end its just an opinion and some advice.  Up to the individual what they do with it.

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083504/Amanda-Cummings-suicide-Hate-messages-Facebook-tribute-page.html

 

Some people take what others say on the internet very seriously... as you can see. 

post #1413 of 4457
The last thing I wanted is for someone to get offended. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1414 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post
 

 

in a way it's like holding a gun up to their head and say you can do whatever you want but if you don't do what i like i shoot you :D

Except it's not.  It's "do what you want, but if I don't agree with it I reserve the right to criticize". 

 

People need to learn to take criticism.  At what point should someone who thinks their peer's behavior is abnormal be allowed to say or do something?  I mean this is just an Internet thread and you're talking about holding a gun to someone's head.  Give me a break.

post #1415 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR8R View Post
 

Except it's not.  It's "do what you want, but if I don't agree with it I reserve the right to criticize". 

 

People need to learn to take criticism.  At what point should someone who thinks their peer's behavior is abnormal be allowed to say or do something?  I mean this is just an Internet thread and you're talking about holding a gun to someone's head.  Give me a break.

 

 

I think people also need to lighten up. I don't think much that has been said in the past 2-3 pages (off-topic of course) has been hostile in any way, just opinions and/or jest. 


Edited by Greed - 9/7/13 at 2:28pm
post #1416 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

 

I think people also need to lightening up. I don't think much that has been said in the past 2-3 pages (off-topic of course) has been hostile in any way, just opinions and/or jest. 

Agreed.  I was fine with it all until users started complaining that people were judging each other.


Edited by OPR8R - 9/7/13 at 2:28pm
post #1417 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR8R View Post
 

Agreed.  I was fine with it all until users started complaining that people were judging each other.

 

not sure if you noticed but, these forums are based on biased opinions lol

post #1418 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post
 

 

not sure if you noticed but, these forums are based on biased opinions lol

 

I did notice, but does that mean people with them are entitled to state them without being criticized?  Is this a circlejerks only thread?

post #1419 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post

not sure if you noticed but, these forums are based on biased opinions lol

I hope you're not questioning the impartiality of this forum's members? Since I signed up to Head-Fi, I've not come across a single post suggestive of owner bias, or read anything that might imply brand or product favouritism - not even in the Grado threads wink.gif

Seriously though, who gives a f*** whether one member likes to collect headphones and another doesn't? We're discussing HEADPHONES, not teenage suicide.
post #1420 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

 

Who said there wasn't anything wrong with having multiple cars :P  

 

When I was young and racing on weekends I still made sure that the car could do everything else as well.  Just like in audio I'd rather have one great $60K car than three $20K cars... just saying.  It's especially dumb when people are bankrupting themselves to over reach on their hobby.  Now if you are making money hand over fist and no debt whether it be a mortgage, car or student loan... go nuts.  I still have a little under a decade left on my mortgage and would rather clear it to minimize interest, interest being money you never see again that you could have spent on that car or audio instead of handing it to the bank, than have several cars or stereo rigs.

 

Using DG as an example.  She has $7000 in headphones and another $2400 in amps.  Could have a 009/BHSE rig and $500 in hand instead... just saying.

 

i've never heard the 009/BHSE, but wasn't too blown away by the SR-009 and LL, sure the SR-009 is much much better than any of my headphones, but it wouldn't necessarily always provide musical enjoyment. i'd be missing the colorations that some of my headphones provide, like the deep bass and smoothness of the LCD-3 and the fun sound of the TH-900, so its not a just 1 headphone solution. unless of course i did something like MH did and ended up with dynamic + stats, but still, i don't think i would do that.

 

btw, i never realized that all my headphones cost that much together, would be almost 9k if i kept the PS1000 :blink:

 

i'm done with headphones though, might re-buy Grado RS1i (or not, since i feel the LCD-3 and T1 provide the same qualities they have, but different and better overall) and already committed to buying a used HE-6 on the FS/FT for when i get the GSX-2.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd007 View Post

So DG: when will you receive your gsx so we can get some impressions of it driving the lcd3 and hd800/t1?

 

yes!! 

 

also im buying an HE-6 as well.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 9/7/13 at 8:52pm
post #1421 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

i've never heard the 009/BHSE, but wasn't too blown away by the SR-009 and LL, sure the SR-009 is much much better than any of my headphones, but it wouldn't necessarily always provide musical enjoyment. i'd be missing the colorations that some of my headphones provide, like the deep bass and smoothness of the LCD-3 and the fun sound of the TH-900, so its not a just 1 headphone solution. unless of course i did something like MH did and ended up with dynamic + stats, but still, i don't think i would do that.

 

btw, i never realized that all my headphones cost that much together, would be almost 9k if i kept the PS1000 :blink:

 

i'm done with headphones though, might re-buy Grado RS1i (or not, since i feel the LCD-3 and T1 provide the same qualities they have, but different and better overall) and already committed to buying a used HE-6 on the FS/FT for when i get the GSX-2.

 

 

yes!! 

 

also im buying an HE-6 as well.

 

:D I'd also like to know how the he-6s go with it. I heard it at the local L.A meet when justin brought his gs-x mk2 but it wasn't on my own music so not much I can say.

post #1422 of 4457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i've never heard the 009/BHSE, but wasn't too blown away by the SR-009 and LL, sure the SR-009 is much much better than any of my headphones, but it wouldn't necessarily always provide musical enjoyment. i'd be missing the colorations that some of my headphones provide, like the deep bass and smoothness of the LCD-3 and the fun sound of the TH-900, so its not a just 1 headphone solution. unless of course i did something like MH did and ended up with dynamic + stats, but still, i don't think i would do that.

btw, i never realized that all my headphones cost that much together, would be almost 9k if i kept the PS1000 blink.gif

i'm done with headphones though, might re-buy Grado RS1i (or not, since i feel the LCD-3 and T1 provide the same qualities they have, but different and better overall) and already committed to buying a used HE-6 on the FS/FT for when i get the GSX-2.


yes!! 

also im buying an HE-6 as well.

I happen to own the LL and I'm afraid to say that you haven't heard the SR009s at their best. I'm finding that they scale quite a bit more and with my KGSSHV and they are truly an outstanding combination.

But as fantastic as they are, I'm still keeping my LCD-3/GS-X MKII setup. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by MacedonianHero - 9/7/13 at 9:58pm
post #1423 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

 It's especially dumb when people are bankrupting themselves to over reach on their hobby.  Now if you are making money hand over fist and no debt whether it be a mortgage, car or student loan... go nuts.  

Quoted for the truth.

post #1424 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


I happen to own the LL and I'm afraid to say that you haven't heard the SR009s at their best. I'm finding that they scale quite a bit more and with my KGSSHV and they are truly an outstanding combination.

But as fantastic as they are, I'm still keeping my LCD-3/GS-X MKII setup. smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

would really like to hear the BHSE too. i know the SR-009s sounded amazing, but i guess the sound was also kinda bland, i'm guessing then that this would come from the LL and not the stax. just seemed kinda boring to me in a way.

 

can't wait to get my GSX MK2. i just bought some XLR interconnects for them. (would be nice to also have them in case i get WA22 as tube endgame)


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 9/7/13 at 10:27pm
post #1425 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post




can't wait to get my GSX MK2. i just bought some XLR interconnects for them. (would be nice to also have them in case i get WA22 as tube endgame)

What'd ya get as the interconnects and where from? I gotta get some for when my GSX mk2 arrives too :P Also, do you think stratus would be more end game than WA22?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread