- 75 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 88post #1306 of 45609/4/13 at 9:28amThanks, is there a benefit using the 4w over the 2w version?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 45609/4/13 at 9:33ampost #1308 of 45609/4/13 at 10:23ampost #1309 of 45609/4/13 at 2:09pm
4W standard version also has the "benefit" of the stepped attenuator as well. I put that in quotations as some people, such as myself, actually find that to be a disadvantage due to the nature of stepped attenuators making a popping sound whenever you change volume, which I found extremely annoying. I'm a shuffle play listener most of the time and thus am forced to change my volume quite often as tracks are mastered at different volume levels. Stepped attenuators on paper do have superior channel matching though and supposedly sounds better, so I suppose it depends on what you value more.. but I find the Alps pot to be fine on most amps.
Not a Conductor nor am I an owner of a LCD-3 but I feel that my Soloist SL (same amp as those Conductor SL's) drives my LCD-2's very well FWIW. Find it to be more than good enough.post #1310 of 45609/4/13 at 2:37pmI have soloist with step attenuator and alps pot. I can change between both quite easily. Imo, alps pot offer slightly agressive sound with a slight bump which make vocal slightly forward. Bass is a bit loose on alps pot. So I guess it depend on system synergy and personal preference. To reach my listening level, the pot on step attenuator need to be higher than alps pot. Lets say 9 o'clock on alps pot seem similar with 11-12 o'clock. So it's not that hard to find a desired volume with stepped, particularly when low gain was used.post #1311 of 45609/4/13 at 2:55pmpost #1312 of 45609/4/13 at 4:31pmpost #1313 of 45609/4/13 at 5:17pmQuote:
I prefer the 007s (MKIs). With the SR007s it's in particular the transparency, clarity and overall resolution (details and micro details) that do it for me. I am finding these attributes trump anything else in importance as they create the emotional connection with the music. The soundstaging is also better with the 007s (not a particular Audeze strength area). And I am finding the 007s great with all genres, including classical. The LCD-3s have even stronger bass, are even more forgiving and have a very appealing presentation and all that said the LCD-3s are my favourite dynamic headphones.
Edited by negura - 9/4/13 at 5:26pmpost #1314 of 45609/4/13 at 5:36pmThread StarterQuote:
I guess it depends what you have upstream and what you're after. With the current crop of Stax amps, I'd go with the LCD-3/GS-X MKII combo. But with say a KGSSHV and SR-007MKI, the differences are more personal preferences.post #1315 of 45609/4/13 at 5:53pmQuote:
All I can add is that I sold my Stax 007 mk1/HeadAmp KGSS rig for an Audeze LCD-2 Rev1/AMB B22 rig so after having both in house for a few months so... ya.post #1316 of 45609/4/13 at 6:07pmpost #1317 of 45609/4/13 at 6:15pmpost #1318 of 45609/4/13 at 6:15pmThread StarterQuote:
Totally made the right choice. As "flagships" go, I found the PS1000s among the weakest...heck, they weren't even my favourite current production Grados.post #1319 of 45609/4/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
Wow. Solid State. Never thought it would happen.post #1320 of 45609/4/13 at 6:23pmThread Starter
Ed: It can happen...as an long time tube-guy, for the past year I've been tube-free for the first time in about 20 years. And I've enjoying the easy life.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs. HD800s 24 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 55 seconds ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear