- 75 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 88post #1306 of 44579/4/13 at 9:28amThanks, is there a benefit using the 4w over the 2w version?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 44579/4/13 at 9:33ampost #1308 of 44579/4/13 at 10:23ampost #1309 of 44579/4/13 at 2:09pm
4W standard version also has the "benefit" of the stepped attenuator as well. I put that in quotations as some people, such as myself, actually find that to be a disadvantage due to the nature of stepped attenuators making a popping sound whenever you change volume, which I found extremely annoying. I'm a shuffle play listener most of the time and thus am forced to change my volume quite often as tracks are mastered at different volume levels. Stepped attenuators on paper do have superior channel matching though and supposedly sounds better, so I suppose it depends on what you value more.. but I find the Alps pot to be fine on most amps.
Not a Conductor nor am I an owner of a LCD-3 but I feel that my Soloist SL (same amp as those Conductor SL's) drives my LCD-2's very well FWIW. Find it to be more than good enough.post #1310 of 44579/4/13 at 2:37pmI have soloist with step attenuator and alps pot. I can change between both quite easily. Imo, alps pot offer slightly agressive sound with a slight bump which make vocal slightly forward. Bass is a bit loose on alps pot. So I guess it depend on system synergy and personal preference. To reach my listening level, the pot on step attenuator need to be higher than alps pot. Lets say 9 o'clock on alps pot seem similar with 11-12 o'clock. So it's not that hard to find a desired volume with stepped, particularly when low gain was used.post #1311 of 44579/4/13 at 2:55pmpost #1312 of 44579/4/13 at 4:31pmpost #1313 of 44579/4/13 at 5:17pmQuote:
I prefer the 007s (MKIs). With the SR007s it's in particular the transparency, clarity and overall resolution (details and micro details) that do it for me. I am finding these attributes trump anything else in importance as they create the emotional connection with the music. The soundstaging is also better with the 007s (not a particular Audeze strength area). And I am finding the 007s great with all genres, including classical. The LCD-3s have even stronger bass, are even more forgiving and have a very appealing presentation and all that said the LCD-3s are my favourite dynamic headphones.
Edited by negura - 9/4/13 at 5:26pmpost #1314 of 44579/4/13 at 5:36pmThread StarterQuote:
I guess it depends what you have upstream and what you're after. With the current crop of Stax amps, I'd go with the LCD-3/GS-X MKII combo. But with say a KGSSHV and SR-007MKI, the differences are more personal preferences.post #1315 of 44579/4/13 at 5:53pmQuote:
All I can add is that I sold my Stax 007 mk1/HeadAmp KGSS rig for an Audeze LCD-2 Rev1/AMB B22 rig so after having both in house for a few months so... ya.post #1316 of 44579/4/13 at 6:07pmpost #1317 of 44579/4/13 at 6:15pmpost #1318 of 44579/4/13 at 6:15pmThread StarterQuote:
Totally made the right choice. As "flagships" go, I found the PS1000s among the weakest...heck, they weren't even my favourite current production Grados.post #1319 of 44579/4/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
Wow. Solid State. Never thought it would happen.post #1320 of 44579/4/13 at 6:23pmThread Starter
Ed: It can happen...as an long time tube-guy, for the past year I've been tube-free for the first time in about 20 years. And I've enjoying the easy life.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 4 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for metal and rock music at ~1000USD 5 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear w/ 2 Cables 10 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear