Good idea. Better to wait for my report than buy something you might not like
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 85post #1261 of 45249/1/13 at 3:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 45249/1/13 at 4:03pmpost #1263 of 45249/1/13 at 4:04pmpost #1264 of 45249/1/13 at 4:23pmpost #1265 of 45249/1/13 at 8:47pm
This is hyperbole... If it's actually that much noticeable, as much as switching transducers, I'm truly in envy of your ears... Seriously.
Don't expect anything. As I always say, we all hear differently, some have more sensitive ears than others so some may hear improvements, some won't. Depending on the USB implementation, results may vary. The only way to know whether it makes a noticeable difference or not is to hear it for yourself. If you can't, then you must assess the risk, and be able to justify the price tag of one. My Audiophilleo1 is $1000 and I hear a subtle improvement, but it's something I would not pay $1000 for; I can definitely live without it. However, some CAN justify the price and some CAN'T live without it, so YMMV.
I would honestly just go for a M2Tech Hiface Two with special drivers instead... So much cheaper and easier to use.
Why thank you :)
Edited by Girls Generation - 9/1/13 at 8:50pmpost #1266 of 45249/2/13 at 12:31ampost #1267 of 45249/2/13 at 12:48amWon't a lot of its effectiveness depend on the USB implementation of the DAC you're plugging it into? If you're using in conjunction with a high end DAC where that kind of anti-jitter technology is already incorporated, then you're not going to reap the benefits as much as you would with a reasonably good DAC with poor to average USB implementation.
Conductor has a great DAC inside but the USB is a pain and it doesn't always sound that good. I'm hoping AP2 will give it the kick up the arse it requires.post #1268 of 45249/2/13 at 12:50ampost #1269 of 45249/2/13 at 2:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
Won't a lot of its effectiveness depend on the USB implementation of the DAC you're plugging it into? If you're using in conjunction with a high end DAC where that kind of anti-jitter technology is already incorporated, then you're not going to reap the benefits as much as you would with a reasonably good DAC with poor to average USB implementation.
Conductor has a great DAC inside but the USB is a pain and it doesn't always sound that good. I'm hoping AP2 will give it the kick up the arse it requires.
have you looked at the BMC-Halide connector (USB to SPDIF) ? I have one that connects my Macbook Air to the Gungnir and seems to work just fine. And I think its cheaper than the AP2. My two cents of course.post #1270 of 45249/2/13 at 2:45ampost #1271 of 45249/2/13 at 2:49ampost #1272 of 45249/2/13 at 3:06am
Probably. I wasn't going for sound improvements with $100 anyways :Ppost #1273 of 45249/2/13 at 3:54ampost #1274 of 45249/2/13 at 4:06ampost #1275 of 45249/2/13 at 4:23amThe Halide products are supposed to be good but I think they struggle to meet demand. I considered buying their USB DAC and pairing it with a Bakoon or RWA Cassabria. I like the look of those Bakoon amps.
Edited by Tony1110 - 9/2/13 at 4:26am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 48 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 4 minutes ago
- › HD600 - on Creative SB X-Fi sound card. 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 9 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear