- 75 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 84post #1246 of 45489/1/13 at 7:34amAre you using the 4watt soloist or the 2 watt soloist sl? Also what interconnects and DAC? I'm reading the WA7 is a nice matchup to the LCD-3s and a bit better, the WA22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 45489/1/13 at 7:50am
4W Soloist with the PS Audio PWD2, BlueJeans cables. The WA7 to me is completely uninteresting. I get the feeling it's price is based on looks and combo pricing but Woo has no real DAC experience so I'd be looking more at a Schiit stack in that range.post #1248 of 45489/1/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I tried the LCD-3+WA-7 pair and was not impressed by the sound. It may work for those who like warm lush intimate mid centric sound with vocal tracks. To me it feels very laid back and the LCD-3's treble isn't the most sparkling type already. Bass is somewhat accentuated. Tried both the low and high-Z settings but neither are particularly pleasing. I like the WA22 a lot better but it might not be a fair comparison as I was trying it balanced vs SE on WA7. Didn't purchase either as WA22's footprint is too big to fit on my desk. Still intrigued by WA7 as it is very pretty, maybe for a TH900 if I get that later.post #1249 of 45489/1/13 at 9:12ampost #1250 of 45489/1/13 at 9:41ampost #1251 of 45489/1/13 at 9:51ampost #1252 of 45489/1/13 at 11:06amQuote:
i think the conductor has a very good DAC, but if you wanted to have an external, theres always the bifrost as the budget option and tons of ~1k DACs to choose frompost #1253 of 45489/1/13 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I like the Soloist better than both the balanced and single ended B22. The Soloist is a lot like a better GS-1. It's also one of only three amps I like with the HD800. Other two being the Peak and GS-X mk2. But if the WA22 sound is what you seek, B22. Essentially the same but better stage placement and speed. Both however are out of focus and compressed compared to the Soloist.
hmmm, i am interested in the soloist, it seems like a nice amp. i already know how great it sounds with LCD-2post #1254 of 45489/1/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Conductor has a very good DAC but the USB is a bit hit and miss. I've bought an Audiophilleo 2 and am hoping that will remedy all the annoying connectivity problems as well as improving the sound. Not that it doesn't sound good to begin with.post #1255 of 45489/1/13 at 12:22pmpost #1256 of 45489/1/13 at 12:29pm
Some claim coax spdif sounds better, and jitter degrades sound. Audiophilleo is a usb-spdif converter that allows for no jitter.post #1257 of 45489/1/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
The USB is done with a Tenor application that has had issues....the AP2 goes through the coax and bypasses the usb application. AP2 is great with the Conductor.post #1258 of 45489/1/13 at 3:37pmpost #1259 of 45489/1/13 at 3:44pm
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 21 seconds ago
- › Echobox Audio Explorer impressions and discussion thread 35 seconds ago
- › Budget In-Ear headphones? 42 seconds ago
- › Audeze Balanced Cable for EL-8 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP... 4 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear