- 75 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 84post #1246 of 44479/1/13 at 7:34amAre you using the 4watt soloist or the 2 watt soloist sl? Also what interconnects and DAC? I'm reading the WA7 is a nice matchup to the LCD-3s and a bit better, the WA22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 44479/1/13 at 7:50am
4W Soloist with the PS Audio PWD2, BlueJeans cables. The WA7 to me is completely uninteresting. I get the feeling it's price is based on looks and combo pricing but Woo has no real DAC experience so I'd be looking more at a Schiit stack in that range.post #1248 of 44479/1/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I tried the LCD-3+WA-7 pair and was not impressed by the sound. It may work for those who like warm lush intimate mid centric sound with vocal tracks. To me it feels very laid back and the LCD-3's treble isn't the most sparkling type already. Bass is somewhat accentuated. Tried both the low and high-Z settings but neither are particularly pleasing. I like the WA22 a lot better but it might not be a fair comparison as I was trying it balanced vs SE on WA7. Didn't purchase either as WA22's footprint is too big to fit on my desk. Still intrigued by WA7 as it is very pretty, maybe for a TH900 if I get that later.post #1249 of 44479/1/13 at 9:12ampost #1250 of 44479/1/13 at 9:41ampost #1251 of 44479/1/13 at 9:51ampost #1252 of 44479/1/13 at 11:06amQuote:
i think the conductor has a very good DAC, but if you wanted to have an external, theres always the bifrost as the budget option and tons of ~1k DACs to choose frompost #1253 of 44479/1/13 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
I like the Soloist better than both the balanced and single ended B22. The Soloist is a lot like a better GS-1. It's also one of only three amps I like with the HD800. Other two being the Peak and GS-X mk2. But if the WA22 sound is what you seek, B22. Essentially the same but better stage placement and speed. Both however are out of focus and compressed compared to the Soloist.
hmmm, i am interested in the soloist, it seems like a nice amp. i already know how great it sounds with LCD-2post #1254 of 44479/1/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Conductor has a very good DAC but the USB is a bit hit and miss. I've bought an Audiophilleo 2 and am hoping that will remedy all the annoying connectivity problems as well as improving the sound. Not that it doesn't sound good to begin with.post #1255 of 44479/1/13 at 12:22pmpost #1256 of 44479/1/13 at 12:29pm
Some claim coax spdif sounds better, and jitter degrades sound. Audiophilleo is a usb-spdif converter that allows for no jitter.post #1257 of 44479/1/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
The USB is done with a Tenor application that has had issues....the AP2 goes through the coax and bypasses the usb application. AP2 is great with the Conductor.post #1258 of 44479/1/13 at 3:37pmpost #1259 of 44479/1/13 at 3:44pm
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Indonesian portable DAP prototype discussion (split from Tera... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 vs Sennheiser IE80? Which one is better? 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA Z5 + LItz Cable/ PRICE DROPP!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear