- 1,382 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Location: North Carolina
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 74post #1096 of 29708/6/13 at 9:54amCool thanks for the impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 29708/6/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by nigeljamesQuote:Originally Posted by mikebirm49
Choosing between my LCD-3s or my HD800s (if it's a matter of choosing just between those two) is always a function of the music I'm listening to. If it's jazz or rock I automatically reach for the LCD-3s. Classical and its the 800s. I can't say either one is superior, just genre specific. The LCD-3s sound a bit too dark for Classical. The 800s are just a bit too bass deficient for a truly first class jazz/rock experience. Anyone else share these criteria?
I find the HD800's have plenty of bass for rock & metal.
Absolutely no need for any mods on the HD800's for me.
I don't have the LCD3's but the HD800's bass is a lot cleaner and precise than the LCD2.2's bass.
i am right with you on the HD800s. BUT, hate to tell you this but you need to sell your kidney and get an LCD-3.post #1098 of 29708/6/13 at 3:03pmpost #1099 of 29708/6/13 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep GirlQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
My LCD3s are just stunning. Every thing I have ever listened to on these phones has been just awesome. For me trading in the 2r2s for the 3s was definitely one of the few things actually done right this lifetime! ;0)
Money well spent. But it is a really good thing that we all do have choices that are available and all it takes is money...
i just sold my LCD-2 last night. it was really hard to sell them, since i felt they still offered more midbass and a sort of different slightly less dark and smooth presentation that was good for some things.
however, the LCD-3 just have transparency and holographic imaging thats on another level. its about as good as it gets, so i can't really go back to LCD-2, the LCD-3 are clearly the better headphone.
DubStep Girl - so glad to read that you got a pair of lcd3s. your feedback about different cans last year helped me a lot in my search for a near perfect set of phones for myself. the dust cleared after trying a lot of cans and i own the lcd3s and the hd800s. sounds from your post that your experience with the 3 equals mine. congratulations!!!post #1100 of 29708/6/13 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #1101 of 29708/6/13 at 9:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by analog'd
DubStep Girl - so glad to read that you got a pair of lcd3s. your feedback about different cans last year helped me a lot in my search for a near perfect set of phones for myself. the dust cleared after trying a lot of cans and i own the lcd3s and the hd800s. sounds from your post that your experience with the 3 equals mine. congratulations!!!
thanks!!!post #1102 of 29708/6/13 at 10:27pm
Just a quick note to introduce myself, a VERY happy new owner of a pair of LCD-3s! I previously owned the LCD 2.2s and have to echo the thoughts of many other members in saying the 3s are definitely worth the extra $. They simply take everything the 2s do well and do it better. Absolutely breathtaking wood finish (you have to see it to appreciate it) and the ear pads are incredibly more comfortable than the 2s.
Currently feeding them with Jriver Mediacenter ASIO --> Schitt Bifrost UBER Gen2 USB --> Schitt Lyr (stock tubes) --> Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 cable --> LCD-3.
I welcome any input on where I should start with regard to source upgrades, have been eyeballing the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir combo but I would like to be sure that other options in roughly the same price range shouldn't be considered. I live in Alaska and as such cannot audition any of these products without purchase, and the cost of shipping is prohibitive in and out of the state.
Thanks in advance!post #1103 of 29708/6/13 at 11:47pm
Are my ears retarded, or am I the only one who thinks the LCD3 is wonderful, but it's not really an ASTONISHING and MINDBLOWING upgrade from the LCD2?post #1104 of 29708/7/13 at 12:03amQuote:
Maybe not "all that" but a step up - yes.. Also, lots of it depends on preference as well.post #1105 of 29708/7/13 at 12:38am
Preference, gear, sensitivity to changes in sound, etc. Possibilities. It indeed was a step up no doubt, but I still couldn't quite justify the $1000 bump in the end...
But then again I couldn't justify keeping any kind of headphone set up anymore and ended up migrating to speaker-fi.
Reading this thread makes me want to get the LCD3 again. Maybe when the Ragnarok comes out and I can swap my C275BEE for it since the Rag is apparently a power amp as well.post #1106 of 29708/7/13 at 2:56ampost #1107 of 29708/7/13 at 3:40ampost #1108 of 29708/7/13 at 6:00ampost #1109 of 29708/7/13 at 8:04am
Uhh, well during the time I had the LCD3, I had the Mjolnir and the Stratus. I may have to go listen to a GSX2 and reevaluate.post #1110 of 29708/7/13 at 9:00pmQuote:
Did you use any upgraded tubes? I thought the Stratus sounded very average with the stock tubes on the LCD3, but really excellent when using the Sophias or EMLs.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › best headphone in the world? 29 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Headphones with most real voice reproduction 2 minutes ago
- › Sell AKG K612 Pro and get a Fidelio X1? 2 minutes ago
- › How to connect Cambridge Audio 2.1 speakers to NAD stereo amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › AlphaDog Mr Speakers in red (EU) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)