Original LCD-3... darker than LCD-2 Rev2. Unveiled LCD-3, 261 2012 models, brighter. 2013 LCD-3 even brighter. LCD-X... if shooting for monitor feel is likely brighter still.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread - Page 125post #1861 of 213610/6/13 at 8:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 213610/6/13 at 12:43pmQuote:
Yes but it seems only in private you are comfortable showing your graphs :))post #1863 of 213610/6/13 at 12:44pmpost #1864 of 213610/6/13 at 12:49pmpost #1865 of 213610/6/13 at 1:02pmpost #1866 of 213610/6/13 at 2:10pmpost #1867 of 213610/6/13 at 2:50pmpost #1868 of 213610/6/13 at 10:41pmpost #1869 of 213610/6/13 at 10:47pmpost #1870 of 213610/7/13 at 4:18am
If the LCD-X was meant to be "better" than an LCD-3, it would be more expensive than it, or they would discontinue the LCD-3 altogether. It would also more likely be called an LCD-4 or an LCD-3.2 etc. The fact is, they messed up their numbering, as they wanted a higher number to be a better model, in which case they should have called the LCD-3 the LCD-100. This would then allow them to have a middle range with numbers like LCD-10.
Having got themselves in a muddle with numbering, they had to calling it something different altogether like LCD-X. If they are intended for studio use, they might be making a mistake to normalize the treble, because I use the LCD-3s in a studio environment and the whole reason I do, is because they give the most natural timbre I have ever heard through headphones, particularly for the piano. I rejected headphones like the HD800 or Grado PS1000 because they were far too bright and sounded wrong to my ears altogether. On the other hand if they are used for critical mixing/re-mixing, then that could be the way to go.
Either way, it is fairly clear to me that Audeze are not stopping the LCD-3, they are not going to undercut a top model with a cheaper better one (that would be stupid) and that these new headphones having a specific purpose/target market in mind.post #1871 of 213610/7/13 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmm...I am not completely convinced on this. I just had the chance to try out a friend's brand new LCD-3 (although the graph is dated July 2013). I have an August 2012 (261) pair. I was actually quite impressed with how similar they sounded, but the graph didn't make it look that way. I think something has changed with Audeze's measuring equipment or rig that is causing them to "appear" slightly different on the graph.
Even if you go back to August/September last year, you can see some where the graph stays flatter for longer, and others where it appears to plummet after 1K. For example, here is my graph. Although it seems to start dropping fairly early (but definitely post-veil), it stays higher for longer. I have a second graph here which starts to drop later but then plummets (231 pair but repaired for veiling).
I have always been worried about some kind of ageing mutation with these, and hearing my friends new pair is a great relief indeed that mine still sound as good as they are supposed to.
P.S A lot of the newer graphs start higher up above the 90dB line, which if you normalize, shows the difference is not quite as large as it appears on the graph either.
Edited by jonstatt - 10/7/13 at 4:38ampost #1872 of 213610/7/13 at 1:44pmpost #1873 of 213610/7/13 at 2:17pmpost #1874 of 213610/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe
I already have a silver Toxic Silver Widow...If i go out I will go out with style...(jewelry) =))
I read in your thread that you used your Toxic Silver cables with the LCD-2. Are you using them with your new LCD-3? Any difference from the LCD-3 stock cables?
I am interested in changing my stock LCD-3 cables eventually.post #1875 of 213610/8/13 at 5:03amQuote:
I kept the Toxic Silver Widow for LCD3 as well, however I am not sure it is the right match with lcd3. I think it needs a little copper too. (a hybrid for example)
There is a difference between the stock and it. You have more details, better treble and transient response. However, you loose from bass weight and depth.
- Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 36 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . 1st listening impressions... 6 minutes ago
- › Sleek Audio SA7 Appreciation, Impressions, and Discussion Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Mint Sanyo step down transformer 120v-100v!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi