I take DT150 over DT770 and D2000 since i had all 3 and i still have the DT150 all this time. I have never tried the HD650 but i have used HD600 for some time and it sounds pretty similar to the DT150 but the soundstage is a bit narrower.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Head-fi'er looking for a nice setup Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's - Page 2post #16 of 261/6/12 at 2:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 261/6/12 at 2:33pmQuote:
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grillpost #18 of 261/6/12 at 3:48pm
dt 770 pro, d2000, pro 900.
i will also recommend any of those for closed headphones. having owned all 3 of them.
i sold my dt 770 pro though because i got dt 990s instead lol.
i miss my dt 770 pros though, they have alot of basspost #19 of 261/6/12 at 7:31pm
Man I saw your other posts.
You have been doing research too much. You just have to listen to them to decide to be honest.
Your research will be useless depending on what you like.
For me, SRH 940 sounded better than D2000, and as good as hd650.
Each person has a different taste.
Also D2000 has a very good build quality, so I don't think it's very smart to just compare all day and keep thinking which cans to buy.
Just listen to me, and there are 3 cans you can buy.
DT770 pro, Pro900, and D2000 assuming your price range.
You are trying so hard to get the "best" headphone, but you won't. You will always be disappointed at some areas, and gear greatness in certain areas.
In my opinion, stick with the most safe pick (D2000) and be happy with what you have.post #20 of 261/6/12 at 7:47pm
I'm surprised to read that the 650's change so much when closed since they don't sound very open to begin with, not that I don't enjoy mine. But regardless, the 650's would make terrible portables by virtue of their difficulty to drive.
I've used the Ultrasone Pro 750's as portables before, but am not sure if I could really recommend doing such due to their form factor being really, really cumbersome and their swivel joints being creaky (this obviously applies to the 900's too since it's the same chassis).
I don't know about the Beyers or Denons since I've never used them, but I'd assume they're both more comfortable than Ultrasone's Pro line.
Edited by driver 8 - 1/6/12 at 7:48pmpost #21 of 261/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #22 of 261/6/12 at 8:59pm
Tried it before(closed plastic cups with damping material), didn't like the sound. I don't recall what it made the sound like, but I all I remember is I didn't like it because it didn't sound like a HD 650 anymore(or anything likeable).post #23 of 261/6/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nc8000
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grill
Bingo ~ that's the source of this photopost #24 of 261/7/12 at 12:18am
lol i immediately knew it was from headphile from the way the photo looked and the wood.
i don't think hd 650s do too good closed. they would be way too dark sounding imo.post #25 of 261/7/12 at 12:57amThe D2000 still leaks a fair bit for a closed design. The DT770 hardly leaks at all but there are many versions with very different sound sig. For unamp use it would almost have to be the DT770/80 Pro ehich is the bass heaviest. There are many other good closed headphones in many price ranges all the way up to Ultrasone Edition8 which I'm sure could be near ideal but at a price
- call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Does anybody have any recommendations for binaural albums that... 8 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 9 minutes ago
- › MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3B Class A Full Balance Headphone Amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3