I take DT150 over DT770 and D2000 since i had all 3 and i still have the DT150 all this time. I have never tried the HD650 but i have used HD600 for some time and it sounds pretty similar to the DT150 but the soundstage is a bit narrower.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Head-fi'er looking for a nice setup Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's - Page 2post #16 of 261/6/12 at 2:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 261/6/12 at 2:33pmQuote:
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grillpost #18 of 261/6/12 at 3:48pm
dt 770 pro, d2000, pro 900.
i will also recommend any of those for closed headphones. having owned all 3 of them.
i sold my dt 770 pro though because i got dt 990s instead lol.
i miss my dt 770 pros though, they have alot of basspost #19 of 261/6/12 at 7:31pm
Man I saw your other posts.
You have been doing research too much. You just have to listen to them to decide to be honest.
Your research will be useless depending on what you like.
For me, SRH 940 sounded better than D2000, and as good as hd650.
Each person has a different taste.
Also D2000 has a very good build quality, so I don't think it's very smart to just compare all day and keep thinking which cans to buy.
Just listen to me, and there are 3 cans you can buy.
DT770 pro, Pro900, and D2000 assuming your price range.
You are trying so hard to get the "best" headphone, but you won't. You will always be disappointed at some areas, and gear greatness in certain areas.
In my opinion, stick with the most safe pick (D2000) and be happy with what you have.post #20 of 261/6/12 at 7:47pm
I'm surprised to read that the 650's change so much when closed since they don't sound very open to begin with, not that I don't enjoy mine. But regardless, the 650's would make terrible portables by virtue of their difficulty to drive.
I've used the Ultrasone Pro 750's as portables before, but am not sure if I could really recommend doing such due to their form factor being really, really cumbersome and their swivel joints being creaky (this obviously applies to the 900's too since it's the same chassis).
I don't know about the Beyers or Denons since I've never used them, but I'd assume they're both more comfortable than Ultrasone's Pro line.
Edited by driver 8 - 1/6/12 at 7:48pmpost #21 of 261/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #22 of 261/6/12 at 8:59pm
Tried it before(closed plastic cups with damping material), didn't like the sound. I don't recall what it made the sound like, but I all I remember is I didn't like it because it didn't sound like a HD 650 anymore(or anything likeable).post #23 of 261/6/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nc8000
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grill
Bingo ~ that's the source of this photopost #24 of 261/7/12 at 12:18am
lol i immediately knew it was from headphile from the way the photo looked and the wood.
i don't think hd 650s do too good closed. they would be way too dark sounding imo.post #25 of 261/7/12 at 12:57amThe D2000 still leaks a fair bit for a closed design. The DT770 hardly leaks at all but there are many versions with very different sound sig. For unamp use it would almost have to be the DT770/80 Pro ehich is the bass heaviest. There are many other good closed headphones in many price ranges all the way up to Ultrasone Edition8 which I'm sure could be near ideal but at a price
- call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › て세븐카지노RWRW8.COMて아시안카지노 9 seconds ago
- › ヴ다모아카지노RWRW8.COMヴ온라인바카라 20 seconds ago
- › 2.0 active speaker with magical mids/vocal ? 23 seconds ago
- › ぢ스타카지노RWRW8.COMぢ온라인카지노 41 seconds ago
- › で코리아카지노RWRW8.COMで카지노사이트 54 seconds ago
- › ぅ정선바카라RWRW8.COMぅ바카라사이트 1 minute ago
- › オ동남아카지노RWRW8.COMオ아시안카지노 1 minute ago
- › ロ세부카지노RWRW8.COMロ온라인바카라 1 minute ago
- › Is a Fiio E11 enoguh for 300ohm headphones? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2