I take DT150 over DT770 and D2000 since i had all 3 and i still have the DT150 all this time. I have never tried the HD650 but i have used HD600 for some time and it sounds pretty similar to the DT150 but the soundstage is a bit narrower.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Head-fi'er looking for a nice setup Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's - Page 2post #16 of 261/6/12 at 2:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 261/6/12 at 2:33pmQuote:
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grillpost #18 of 261/6/12 at 3:48pm
dt 770 pro, d2000, pro 900.
i will also recommend any of those for closed headphones. having owned all 3 of them.
i sold my dt 770 pro though because i got dt 990s instead lol.
i miss my dt 770 pros though, they have alot of basspost #19 of 261/6/12 at 7:31pm
Man I saw your other posts.
You have been doing research too much. You just have to listen to them to decide to be honest.
Your research will be useless depending on what you like.
For me, SRH 940 sounded better than D2000, and as good as hd650.
Each person has a different taste.
Also D2000 has a very good build quality, so I don't think it's very smart to just compare all day and keep thinking which cans to buy.
Just listen to me, and there are 3 cans you can buy.
DT770 pro, Pro900, and D2000 assuming your price range.
You are trying so hard to get the "best" headphone, but you won't. You will always be disappointed at some areas, and gear greatness in certain areas.
In my opinion, stick with the most safe pick (D2000) and be happy with what you have.post #20 of 261/6/12 at 7:47pm
I'm surprised to read that the 650's change so much when closed since they don't sound very open to begin with, not that I don't enjoy mine. But regardless, the 650's would make terrible portables by virtue of their difficulty to drive.
I've used the Ultrasone Pro 750's as portables before, but am not sure if I could really recommend doing such due to their form factor being really, really cumbersome and their swivel joints being creaky (this obviously applies to the 900's too since it's the same chassis).
I don't know about the Beyers or Denons since I've never used them, but I'd assume they're both more comfortable than Ultrasone's Pro line.
Edited by driver 8 - 1/6/12 at 7:48pmpost #21 of 261/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #22 of 261/6/12 at 8:59pm
Tried it before(closed plastic cups with damping material), didn't like the sound. I don't recall what it made the sound like, but I all I remember is I didn't like it because it didn't sound like a HD 650 anymore(or anything likeable).post #23 of 261/6/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nc8000
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grill
Bingo ~ that's the source of this photopost #24 of 261/7/12 at 12:18ampost #25 of 261/7/12 at 12:57amThe D2000 still leaks a fair bit for a closed design. The DT770 hardly leaks at all but there are many versions with very different sound sig. For unamp use it would almost have to be the DT770/80 Pro ehich is the bass heaviest. There are many other good closed headphones in many price ranges all the way up to Ultrasone Edition8 which I'm sure could be near ideal but at a price
- call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 17 seconds ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 6 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 6 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe