I take DT150 over DT770 and D2000 since i had all 3 and i still have the DT150 all this time. I have never tried the HD650 but i have used HD600 for some time and it sounds pretty similar to the DT150 but the soundstage is a bit narrower.
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something to Compliment the HD580 Last post on 2/12/12 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Head-fi'er looking for a nice setup Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphones Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's - Page 2post #16 of 261/6/12 at 2:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 261/6/12 at 2:33pmQuote:
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grillpost #18 of 261/6/12 at 3:48pm
dt 770 pro, d2000, pro 900.
i will also recommend any of those for closed headphones. having owned all 3 of them.
i sold my dt 770 pro though because i got dt 990s instead lol.
i miss my dt 770 pros though, they have alot of basspost #19 of 261/6/12 at 7:31pm
Man I saw your other posts.
You have been doing research too much. You just have to listen to them to decide to be honest.
Your research will be useless depending on what you like.
For me, SRH 940 sounded better than D2000, and as good as hd650.
Each person has a different taste.
Also D2000 has a very good build quality, so I don't think it's very smart to just compare all day and keep thinking which cans to buy.
Just listen to me, and there are 3 cans you can buy.
DT770 pro, Pro900, and D2000 assuming your price range.
You are trying so hard to get the "best" headphone, but you won't. You will always be disappointed at some areas, and gear greatness in certain areas.
In my opinion, stick with the most safe pick (D2000) and be happy with what you have.post #20 of 261/6/12 at 7:47pm
I'm surprised to read that the 650's change so much when closed since they don't sound very open to begin with, not that I don't enjoy mine. But regardless, the 650's would make terrible portables by virtue of their difficulty to drive.
I've used the Ultrasone Pro 750's as portables before, but am not sure if I could really recommend doing such due to their form factor being really, really cumbersome and their swivel joints being creaky (this obviously applies to the 900's too since it's the same chassis).
I don't know about the Beyers or Denons since I've never used them, but I'd assume they're both more comfortable than Ultrasone's Pro line.
Edited by driver 8 - 1/6/12 at 7:48pmpost #21 of 261/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #22 of 261/6/12 at 8:59pm
Tried it before(closed plastic cups with damping material), didn't like the sound. I don't recall what it made the sound like, but I all I remember is I didn't like it because it didn't sound like a HD 650 anymore(or anything likeable).post #23 of 261/6/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by nc8000
That could very well be the pair and matching stand that Headphile made for me about 5 years ago (or very similar looking) but I can not really reccomend them. The sound changes quite a lot (however it is so long ago that I can't realle remember how) and they still leaked quite a lot since there are other openings in the design than through the grill
Bingo ~ that's the source of this photopost #24 of 261/7/12 at 12:18am
lol i immediately knew it was from headphile from the way the photo looked and the wood.
i don't think hd 650s do too good closed. they would be way too dark sounding imo.post #25 of 261/7/12 at 12:57amThe D2000 still leaks a fair bit for a closed design. The DT770 hardly leaks at all but there are many versions with very different sound sig. For unamp use it would almost have to be the DT770/80 Pro ehich is the bass heaviest. There are many other good closed headphones in many price ranges all the way up to Ultrasone Edition8 which I'm sure could be near ideal but at a price
- call me stupid... but i want to close a pair of HD650's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 US Tour Thread / Impressions and Reviews 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 9 minutes ago
- › Turntable suggestions under $400 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 or Sennheiser hd800 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 12 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)