I already posted but sonics just don't sound that great. These days you can see the price dropping quickly to reflect their true sound quality. I don't know what everyone else has been hearing but these sound no where near the $150 msrp they're set at. They are SUPER comfy though, which is what I got them for. I haven't heard grados so I can't compare but don't expect a lot of quality. Screechy highs, okay bass, okay mids.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Incase Sonic - Page 9post #121 of 13112/30/12 at 6:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1311/19/13 at 1:01pmThe sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.
Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!post #123 of 1312/3/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by BigDave
Bought a pair of these but find that they do not work with my samsung galaxy or my iriver mp3 player - disappointing. Why did they come with two identical (yet different coloured) cords? Why not one regular headphone cable and the other a iphone one with the remote inbuilt?
One's a spare; you can also pick one to match your outfit this way. ;) I suggest looking for a company making Android-compatible headsets, and buying their replacement cable - there's no universal standard amongst Android makers; some use Apple's pinout, some swap mic and one audio channel. Failing that, there's the Makible project's adapters.Quote:Originally Posted by tds101
The sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.
Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!
Same as above :)post #124 of 1317/12/13 at 1:25pm
Sorry to turn this thread into a zombie, but I wanted to add my $.02. I’ve had a pair of Sonics (Ash) for just under a year. I got them from thrilljockey.com when I ordered Matmos’ “Gazfield EP” deluxe set – LP, mp3, Sonic headphones and extra goodies for $90 (now $95 for the new 2-LP set). The whole thing was a collectable, so I did not mind the price. Of course, these are not the best headphones EVAR!!1! just as the Sansa Clip+ is not the best DAP EVAR!!1! but they are both tons of fun and, simply put, great for the money. I pair mine with a Digizoid ZO2 and they sound wonderful. At work, I can rock out with my… well, the HR department frowns upon such activity. This is where these are best suited for me; I can listen to them all day without discomfort or fatigue. Also, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, they have a dual personality: they shine with well recorded music on WAV or FLAC but can also bring new life to crappy MP3s or CDs which are rendered unlistenable on my “reference” *cough* gear (the whole back catalog of Siouxsie and the Banshees is an excellent case in point). They also did benefit greatly from about 30 or so hours of break in to smooth out. That’s all; please carry on…
PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…post #125 of 1318/26/13 at 8:54ampost #126 of 1318/27/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by egosumlux
Just get them from incase webshop, http://goincase.com/shop/headphones#sonic they cost 59,95 now
Quote:Originally Posted by Funambulistic
PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…
Great minds think alike!post #127 of 1319/26/13 at 6:26pm
Good/Great sounding headphone for the price. They sound great out of my FiiO E7. I'm getting a new amp this weekend and can't wait to try them out. I think these are a perfect pair as a throw around pair. They seem really durable. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the way the cord comes out of the headphone. I look like I'm wearing Mickey Mouse ears, but I don't care anymore as I'm getting older. If you can get these for $75, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Plus, having the Apple controls are nice too.
KBpost #128 of 13111/14/13 at 8:20pm
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:
Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.post #129 of 13111/14/13 at 8:30pm
Wow, that's an amazing deal. I've had mine for sale for a while because they don't have the crispness and detail I get from other headphones I own, but the sound is good and the comfort is outstanding. I wouldn't pay $100, but $30?? Terrific headphones for that price.post #130 of 13111/18/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by sbao26975
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:
Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.
Alas, it seems they have taken down any headphones from their site - unless anyone knows where they may be hiding them. I was going to snatch up a few for Christmas presents.
- Incase Sonic
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What is an Audiophile, and what make headphones great? 31 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unboxing and first look at the Fiio X1 (UK) 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon M2 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)