I already posted but sonics just don't sound that great. These days you can see the price dropping quickly to reflect their true sound quality. I don't know what everyone else has been hearing but these sound no where near the $150 msrp they're set at. They are SUPER comfy though, which is what I got them for. I haven't heard grados so I can't compare but don't expect a lot of quality. Screechy highs, okay bass, okay mids.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 9:30 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Incase Sonic - Page 9post #121 of 13112/30/12 at 6:52pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 1311/19/13 at 1:01pmThe sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.
Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!post #123 of 1312/3/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by BigDave
Bought a pair of these but find that they do not work with my samsung galaxy or my iriver mp3 player - disappointing. Why did they come with two identical (yet different coloured) cords? Why not one regular headphone cable and the other a iphone one with the remote inbuilt?
One's a spare; you can also pick one to match your outfit this way. ;) I suggest looking for a company making Android-compatible headsets, and buying their replacement cable - there's no universal standard amongst Android makers; some use Apple's pinout, some swap mic and one audio channel. Failing that, there's the Makible project's adapters.Quote:Originally Posted by tds101
The sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.
Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!
Same as above :)post #124 of 1317/12/13 at 1:25pm
Sorry to turn this thread into a zombie, but I wanted to add my $.02. I’ve had a pair of Sonics (Ash) for just under a year. I got them from thrilljockey.com when I ordered Matmos’ “Gazfield EP” deluxe set – LP, mp3, Sonic headphones and extra goodies for $90 (now $95 for the new 2-LP set). The whole thing was a collectable, so I did not mind the price. Of course, these are not the best headphones EVAR!!1! just as the Sansa Clip+ is not the best DAP EVAR!!1! but they are both tons of fun and, simply put, great for the money. I pair mine with a Digizoid ZO2 and they sound wonderful. At work, I can rock out with my… well, the HR department frowns upon such activity. This is where these are best suited for me; I can listen to them all day without discomfort or fatigue. Also, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, they have a dual personality: they shine with well recorded music on WAV or FLAC but can also bring new life to crappy MP3s or CDs which are rendered unlistenable on my “reference” *cough* gear (the whole back catalog of Siouxsie and the Banshees is an excellent case in point). They also did benefit greatly from about 30 or so hours of break in to smooth out. That’s all; please carry on…
PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…post #125 of 1318/26/13 at 8:54ampost #126 of 1318/27/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by egosumlux
Just get them from incase webshop, http://goincase.com/shop/headphones#sonic they cost 59,95 now
Quote:Originally Posted by Funambulistic
PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…
Great minds think alike!post #127 of 1319/26/13 at 6:26pm
Good/Great sounding headphone for the price. They sound great out of my FiiO E7. I'm getting a new amp this weekend and can't wait to try them out. I think these are a perfect pair as a throw around pair. They seem really durable. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the way the cord comes out of the headphone. I look like I'm wearing Mickey Mouse ears, but I don't care anymore as I'm getting older. If you can get these for $75, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Plus, having the Apple controls are nice too.
KBpost #128 of 13111/14/13 at 8:20pm
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:
Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.post #129 of 13111/14/13 at 8:30pm
Wow, that's an amazing deal. I've had mine for sale for a while because they don't have the crispness and detail I get from other headphones I own, but the sound is good and the comfort is outstanding. I wouldn't pay $100, but $30?? Terrific headphones for that price.post #130 of 13111/18/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by sbao26975
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:
Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.
Alas, it seems they have taken down any headphones from their site - unless anyone knows where they may be hiding them. I was going to snatch up a few for Christmas presents.
- Incase Sonic
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › VE - A New and Impresive Earbuds Brand 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 25 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FX40 | Believe the hype! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2