I already posted but sonics just don't sound that great. These days you can see the price dropping quickly to reflect their true sound quality. I don't know what everyone else has been hearing but these sound no where near the $150 msrp they're set at. They are SUPER comfy though, which is what I got them for. I haven't heard grados so I can't compare but don't expect a lot of quality. Screechy highs, okay bass, okay mids.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help- so many headphones- so little knowledge. Last post on 10/30/12 at 7:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Incase Sonic - Page 9post #121 of 13112/30/12 at 6:52pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 1311/19/13 at 1:01pmThe sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.
Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!post #123 of 1312/3/13 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by BigDave
Bought a pair of these but find that they do not work with my samsung galaxy or my iriver mp3 player - disappointing. Why did they come with two identical (yet different coloured) cords? Why not one regular headphone cable and the other a iphone one with the remote inbuilt?
One's a spare; you can also pick one to match your outfit this way. ;) I suggest looking for a company making Android-compatible headsets, and buying their replacement cable - there's no universal standard amongst Android makers; some use Apple's pinout, some swap mic and one audio channel. Failing that, there's the Makible project's adapters.Quote:Originally Posted by tds101
The sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.
Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!
Same as above :)post #124 of 1317/12/13 at 1:25pm
Sorry to turn this thread into a zombie, but I wanted to add my $.02. I’ve had a pair of Sonics (Ash) for just under a year. I got them from thrilljockey.com when I ordered Matmos’ “Gazfield EP” deluxe set – LP, mp3, Sonic headphones and extra goodies for $90 (now $95 for the new 2-LP set). The whole thing was a collectable, so I did not mind the price. Of course, these are not the best headphones EVAR!!1! just as the Sansa Clip+ is not the best DAP EVAR!!1! but they are both tons of fun and, simply put, great for the money. I pair mine with a Digizoid ZO2 and they sound wonderful. At work, I can rock out with my… well, the HR department frowns upon such activity. This is where these are best suited for me; I can listen to them all day without discomfort or fatigue. Also, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, they have a dual personality: they shine with well recorded music on WAV or FLAC but can also bring new life to crappy MP3s or CDs which are rendered unlistenable on my “reference” *cough* gear (the whole back catalog of Siouxsie and the Banshees is an excellent case in point). They also did benefit greatly from about 30 or so hours of break in to smooth out. That’s all; please carry on…
PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…post #125 of 1318/26/13 at 8:54ampost #126 of 1318/27/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by egosumlux
Just get them from incase webshop, http://goincase.com/shop/headphones#sonic they cost 59,95 now
Quote:Originally Posted by Funambulistic
PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…
Great minds think alike!post #127 of 1319/26/13 at 6:26pm
Good/Great sounding headphone for the price. They sound great out of my FiiO E7. I'm getting a new amp this weekend and can't wait to try them out. I think these are a perfect pair as a throw around pair. They seem really durable. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the way the cord comes out of the headphone. I look like I'm wearing Mickey Mouse ears, but I don't care anymore as I'm getting older. If you can get these for $75, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Plus, having the Apple controls are nice too.
KBpost #128 of 13111/14/13 at 8:20pm
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:
Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.post #129 of 13111/14/13 at 8:30pm
Wow, that's an amazing deal. I've had mine for sale for a while because they don't have the crispness and detail I get from other headphones I own, but the sound is good and the comfort is outstanding. I wouldn't pay $100, but $30?? Terrific headphones for that price.post #130 of 13111/18/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by sbao26975
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:
Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.
Alas, it seems they have taken down any headphones from their site - unless anyone knows where they may be hiding them. I was going to snatch up a few for Christmas presents.
- Incase Sonic
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 26 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 41 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › WTB - TTVJ Slim Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophilleo2 + PurePower mint 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe