Nice price on the T70
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 1/3/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 1/3/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/3/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/3/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for headphones/headset - $300-400 price range! Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer dt770.....) - Page 12post #166 of 1745/3/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 1745/3/13 at 3:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Tiemen
In depth, yes, a lot more.
In width and length, no.
So the volume of space of the Alpha pads is theoretically more, but when the result is a lot of leather crammed to your ears, it's still not that comfortable.
A bit like the Sony XB700 I had (the pads, not the sound).
But I can live with the Alpha pads, because they improve the sound of my modded T50RP.
I guess comfort is as subjective as sound. So be it.
About the t70 though - I though the going price for these was £400. $285 dollars is a big discount!!post #168 of 1745/18/13 at 4:13ampost #169 of 1745/18/13 at 7:15ampost #170 of 1745/24/13 at 7:33pm
Well the main thing is they sound great out of my collection i prefer these.
Gaming well i like the way these sound with rain sounds more like a 3d soundstage.
If you like bass prehaps the k550 over a900x.post #171 of 1745/26/13 at 4:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I haven't heard the a900x in ideal conditions for any length of time, so I couldn't really say. I'd be surprised if it was better.Quote:
The k550 is great for gaming with it's imaging capabilities. The d7000 is better all round though, as is the ultrasone signature pro which both have more wider soundstages making the k550 soundstage appear to lack depth. The akg's need a burn in for the bass to come throughpost #172 of 1744/6/14 at 10:05am
Hi! I'm wondering if the k550 can be used while wearing glasses if properly adjusted. I've read a few reviewers saying that these loses a huge amount of bass while wearing glasses making them pretty unusable but I'm unsure if they tried to adjust them correctly as the OP mentioned.
It would be great if any owner could do a simple test with their glasses/sunglasses and share the experience.
Even if the looses bass, could it be corrected with the EQ? ( sorry if it's too dumb to ask, I'm fairly new around here :) )
Thanks!post #173 of 1744/6/14 at 1:29pmI use glasses. I don't think I can hear any bass change with glasses. I did bend the head-band a bit tighter though. After an hour I begin to feel the ear-pieces too much. I have to take the glasses off for a little while before putting them back again. That is the only disadvantage for me.post #174 of 1745/11/14 at 3:18am
Has anyone compared AKGK550 with Grado SR325is and its twins brother Alessandro MS2i?
I'm very interested to know the sound signature between them in term of sound stage, separation, detail and bass.
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer dt770.....)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 3 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear