Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Can the Ety Hf3 be used with just a mp3 player?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can the Ety Hf3 be used with just a mp3 player?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I have a chance to get the etymoptic hf3 for just $35 new and was wondering if I could use it with my Clip +? I realize the volume controls would not work, because that is for a phone.
Edited by red71rum - 12/31/11 at 4:49pm
post #2 of 13
It will almost certainly work but you can never be 100% certain due to the physical difference between the trrs and the trs plug. That said I have had no problem using HF2 or MC3 with all sorts of players and computers
post #3 of 13

It will definitely work, but the volume and mic wont work obviously. 

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post

I have a chance to get the etymoptic hf3 for just $35 new and was wondering if I could use it with my Clip +? I realize the volume controls would not work, because that is for a phone.


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

It will almost certainly work but you can never be 100% certain due to the physical difference between the trrs and the trs plug. That said I have had no problem using HF2 or MC3 with all sorts of players and computers


I thought it would, but I just thought I would ask just in case.  I have never owned any Ety's before.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PomPWNius View Post

It will definitely work, but the volume and mic wont work obviously. 


Thanks for the confirmation. I realized that the volume and mic would not work with my Sansa.  I thought the price was just too good to pass up regardless of whether my wife thinks I have enough iems already: )
 

 

post #5 of 13

Its definitely a great deal.  Where did you find it lol. Hopefully its not a fake. I have the HF5 and it is very good.  I love it. 

post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PomPWNius View Post

Its definitely a great deal.  Where did you find it lol. Hopefully its not a fake. I have the HF5 and it is very good.  I love it. 



It is a store that I found where I live.  They let me open one of the boxes and I saw all the tips, the warranty stuff and so on.  It is brand new and not a fake, just that the people at the store do not know what they are really.  I am looking for a good pair of IEMs with some good isolation for the gym and when walking my dog. 

 

post #7 of 13
Oh wow nice! You should buy every single one the store has. Sell em on ebay and you could make tons of money. Thats what I would do personally. OR. You can sell them all to me for $40 bucks each and I will sell em :P
post #8 of 13

My HF3's work perfectly with my Sansa clip but not so much with my Creative Zen. In the Zen you have to hold the play button for the ground in the circuit to work :/

post #9 of 13

It works on a lot of newer MP3 players that use the 4 pole by default.  However, there are some that use the 3 pole that don't have it working.  There are converters that will convert 4 pole to 3 so it'll work. 

post #10 of 13

Unless the HF3 is different from other earphones that have a remote and microphone, yes. Every earphone I've tried with a four pole plug works with the Clip+ without the need for an adapter.


Edited by TheGame21x - 1/1/12 at 9:15am
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

It works on a lot of newer MP3 players that use the 4 pole by default.  However, there are some that use the 3 pole that don't have it working.  There are converters that will convert 4 pole to 3 so it'll work. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSmirnoff View Post

My HF3's work perfectly with my Sansa clip but not so much with my Creative Zen. In the Zen you have to hold the play button for the ground in the circuit to work :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post

Unless the HF3 is different from other earphones that have a remote and microphone, yes. Every earphone I've tried with a four pole plug works with the Clip+ without the need for an adapter.

Well since they will work with my clip+ I will go see if they are available tomorrow morning. I can also use them with my ipod 64gig 3g and will take advantage of the the volume controls. I am really looking forward to the supposed noise suppression that these will provide.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
I got them this morning for $45 after tax and they sound great. Thanks for everyone's input.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post

I got them this morning for $45 after tax and they sound great. Thanks for everyone's input.

Well that really beats the $100 I paid for mine -.-. BUT hehe mine had shipping problems so they sent me a second pair. Of course the first pair eventually came lol. Sold those and ended up making $20. My $-20 beats ur $45 mwahahaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Can the Ety Hf3 be used with just a mp3 player?