Do v moda crossfade lp need to have amp to obtain their max performace? Or can an iPod just do the thing.
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 1/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 + FiiO E6 Last post on 1/16/12 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Headphone Amp Advice! Last post on 1/1/12 at 9:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Worth getting an amp? Last post on 1/1/12 at 7:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- crossfeed Last post on 8/19/11 at 5:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need help on picking the right pair of On/Around ear Headphones Last post on 9/28/13 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
- Headphone Impedance
V-moda crossfade lp paired to an amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Since the V-Modas are easy enough to drive, to reach maximum potential you need a low output impedance current buffer for an amp. That's all. So basically a CMoy based around an NJM4556A configured for low gain. Keep the output impedance under 4 Ohms and you're good to go.
- V-moda crossfade lp paired to an amp?
- › NuForce uDAC-2 Black 9 seconds ago
- › Help with understanding Ohms and Hertz? 11 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 16 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 5 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)