LMAO.. I was about to ask him to clarify for you. His question is quite vague as it stands...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 7post #91 of 64361/7/12 at 12:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 64361/7/12 at 12:35ampost #93 of 64361/7/12 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #94 of 64361/7/12 at 7:59ampost #95 of 64361/7/12 at 8:02ampost #96 of 64361/7/12 at 8:07am
Ideal thanks, mate on another forum wanted to know.
What about running from and xbox/tv using the 3.5mm jacks or spdif, im assuming it's dac only then?
Edited by Huxley - 1/7/12 at 8:12ampost #97 of 64361/7/12 at 8:58am
The e17 is an amp/dac combo.
What kind of connection on the 3.5? If you connect to it with an analog conenction then 100% of the time with any component it will be an amp. If you connect to it with a digital connection then 100% of the time with any (amp/dac) component it will be a DAC (and mostly likely amp also - unless using a lineout).post #98 of 64361/7/12 at 9:24ampost #99 of 64361/7/12 at 9:26ampost #100 of 64361/7/12 at 9:31ampost #101 of 64361/7/12 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, it can't.
The USB receiver, DAC, and the power amp section (*more specifically, just the chips on these places) are the same. Everything else is different. Detail will be covered in the upcoming review, but for now, you can think of E17 as the portable version of E10 on steroid.
post #102 of 64361/7/12 at 10:25am
if the iphone had a digital out you could use it as a amp/dac but it doesn't. There are a few (very few) devices that can get digital out of an iphone - I don't see anyone doing this but you could use an iPure doc to get digital off the iphone then connect to the e17.post #103 of 64361/7/12 at 1:06pmpost #104 of 64361/7/12 at 8:07pm
There really is no relation between an ipod and the e17. An ipod is a storage device and a transport (with a DAC and amp) and the e17 is a Dac (or source) with an amp - it can only play what something else gives to it.
But the portable digital out is really the magic question. An ipod has a digital out only if you combine it with something like the Ipure. The HM601 and 801 have digital outs but are very high end. I think there was a zune dock that had digital outs (but the doc makes it unportable). Yes, some CD players have digital outs. There are quite a few DAPs now (digital audio players) but most of them dont have it. I think there is a whole new round of them coming out. The Fiio X3 was going to be the new standard in portable DAP with digital out but it got put on hold due to external issues. When I started writing this I had other devices on my mind but I'm suddenly drawing a blank.post #105 of 64361/7/12 at 10:43pm
While I don't recommend it as my end-all/be-all DAP, I've actually been using my iPad 2 for lossless playback through a DAC. Using the USB adapter that comes with the iPad Camera Connection Kit, you can attach USB DACs. I've been using my iPad 2 with lossless audio files through the USB adapter into my Headamp Pico DAC/Amp. The quality is awesome! I really can't tell the difference listening to the same music from either my MacBook Pro with the Pico attached via USB or the iPad 2 connected the same.
I also have one of the older Apple Universal docks that features a combo 3.5mm stereo jack that also doubles as a SPDIF optical connection. Apple advertised these originally to support digital out from the iPods and early iPhone models. It still works with my iPhone 4 too. I'm really looking forward to the purchase of an E17 and will definitely try feeding the optical output from the old dock into the E17.
Cambridge Audio also makes docks for iDevices that feature digital out, but they are also quite expensive - http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-iD100-Digital-Black/dp/B004KSKYUE
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 17 seconds ago
- › New Headphones 27 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 33 seconds ago
- › EML 2A3 Meshed plate / 5U4G 1 minute ago
- › after market sound system virgin 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › IEM equivalent for Audeze LCD2? 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude