LMAO.. I was about to ask him to clarify for you. His question is quite vague as it stands...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 7post #91 of 63651/7/12 at 12:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 63651/7/12 at 12:35ampost #93 of 63651/7/12 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #94 of 63651/7/12 at 7:59ampost #95 of 63651/7/12 at 8:02ampost #96 of 63651/7/12 at 8:07am
Ideal thanks, mate on another forum wanted to know.
What about running from and xbox/tv using the 3.5mm jacks or spdif, im assuming it's dac only then?
Edited by Huxley - 1/7/12 at 8:12ampost #97 of 63651/7/12 at 8:58am
The e17 is an amp/dac combo.
What kind of connection on the 3.5? If you connect to it with an analog conenction then 100% of the time with any component it will be an amp. If you connect to it with a digital connection then 100% of the time with any (amp/dac) component it will be a DAC (and mostly likely amp also - unless using a lineout).post #98 of 63651/7/12 at 9:24ampost #99 of 63651/7/12 at 9:26ampost #100 of 63651/7/12 at 9:31ampost #101 of 63651/7/12 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, it can't.
The USB receiver, DAC, and the power amp section (*more specifically, just the chips on these places) are the same. Everything else is different. Detail will be covered in the upcoming review, but for now, you can think of E17 as the portable version of E10 on steroid.
post #102 of 63651/7/12 at 10:25am
if the iphone had a digital out you could use it as a amp/dac but it doesn't. There are a few (very few) devices that can get digital out of an iphone - I don't see anyone doing this but you could use an iPure doc to get digital off the iphone then connect to the e17.post #103 of 63651/7/12 at 1:06pmpost #104 of 63651/7/12 at 8:07pm
There really is no relation between an ipod and the e17. An ipod is a storage device and a transport (with a DAC and amp) and the e17 is a Dac (or source) with an amp - it can only play what something else gives to it.
But the portable digital out is really the magic question. An ipod has a digital out only if you combine it with something like the Ipure. The HM601 and 801 have digital outs but are very high end. I think there was a zune dock that had digital outs (but the doc makes it unportable). Yes, some CD players have digital outs. There are quite a few DAPs now (digital audio players) but most of them dont have it. I think there is a whole new round of them coming out. The Fiio X3 was going to be the new standard in portable DAP with digital out but it got put on hold due to external issues. When I started writing this I had other devices on my mind but I'm suddenly drawing a blank.post #105 of 63651/7/12 at 10:43pm
While I don't recommend it as my end-all/be-all DAP, I've actually been using my iPad 2 for lossless playback through a DAC. Using the USB adapter that comes with the iPad Camera Connection Kit, you can attach USB DACs. I've been using my iPad 2 with lossless audio files through the USB adapter into my Headamp Pico DAC/Amp. The quality is awesome! I really can't tell the difference listening to the same music from either my MacBook Pro with the Pico attached via USB or the iPad 2 connected the same.
I also have one of the older Apple Universal docks that features a combo 3.5mm stereo jack that also doubles as a SPDIF optical connection. Apple advertised these originally to support digital out from the iPods and early iPhone models. It still works with my iPhone 4 too. I'm really looking forward to the purchase of an E17 and will definitely try feeding the optical output from the old dock into the E17.
Cambridge Audio also makes docks for iDevices that feature digital out, but they are also quite expensive - http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-iD100-Digital-Black/dp/B004KSKYUE
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude