LMAO.. I was about to ask him to clarify for you. His question is quite vague as it stands...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 7post #91 of 66171/7/12 at 12:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 66171/7/12 at 12:35ampost #93 of 66171/7/12 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #94 of 66171/7/12 at 7:59ampost #95 of 66171/7/12 at 8:02ampost #96 of 66171/7/12 at 8:07am
Ideal thanks, mate on another forum wanted to know.
What about running from and xbox/tv using the 3.5mm jacks or spdif, im assuming it's dac only then?
Edited by Huxley - 1/7/12 at 8:12ampost #97 of 66171/7/12 at 8:58am
The e17 is an amp/dac combo.
What kind of connection on the 3.5? If you connect to it with an analog conenction then 100% of the time with any component it will be an amp. If you connect to it with a digital connection then 100% of the time with any (amp/dac) component it will be a DAC (and mostly likely amp also - unless using a lineout).post #98 of 66171/7/12 at 9:24ampost #99 of 66171/7/12 at 9:26ampost #100 of 66171/7/12 at 9:31ampost #101 of 66171/7/12 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, it can't.
The USB receiver, DAC, and the power amp section (*more specifically, just the chips on these places) are the same. Everything else is different. Detail will be covered in the upcoming review, but for now, you can think of E17 as the portable version of E10 on steroid.
post #102 of 66171/7/12 at 10:25am
if the iphone had a digital out you could use it as a amp/dac but it doesn't. There are a few (very few) devices that can get digital out of an iphone - I don't see anyone doing this but you could use an iPure doc to get digital off the iphone then connect to the e17.post #103 of 66171/7/12 at 1:06pmpost #104 of 66171/7/12 at 8:07pm
There really is no relation between an ipod and the e17. An ipod is a storage device and a transport (with a DAC and amp) and the e17 is a Dac (or source) with an amp - it can only play what something else gives to it.
But the portable digital out is really the magic question. An ipod has a digital out only if you combine it with something like the Ipure. The HM601 and 801 have digital outs but are very high end. I think there was a zune dock that had digital outs (but the doc makes it unportable). Yes, some CD players have digital outs. There are quite a few DAPs now (digital audio players) but most of them dont have it. I think there is a whole new round of them coming out. The Fiio X3 was going to be the new standard in portable DAP with digital out but it got put on hold due to external issues. When I started writing this I had other devices on my mind but I'm suddenly drawing a blank.post #105 of 66171/7/12 at 10:43pm
While I don't recommend it as my end-all/be-all DAP, I've actually been using my iPad 2 for lossless playback through a DAC. Using the USB adapter that comes with the iPad Camera Connection Kit, you can attach USB DACs. I've been using my iPad 2 with lossless audio files through the USB adapter into my Headamp Pico DAC/Amp. The quality is awesome! I really can't tell the difference listening to the same music from either my MacBook Pro with the Pico attached via USB or the iPad 2 connected the same.
I also have one of the older Apple Universal docks that features a combo 3.5mm stereo jack that also doubles as a SPDIF optical connection. Apple advertised these originally to support digital out from the iPods and early iPhone models. It still works with my iPhone 4 too. I'm really looking forward to the purchase of an E17 and will definitely try feeding the optical output from the old dock into the E17.
Cambridge Audio also makes docks for iDevices that feature digital out, but they are also quite expensive - http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-iD100-Digital-Black/dp/B004KSKYUE
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 49 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Dolphins 3 minutes ago
- › JDS labs RCA edition ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › What Live concerts have you attended? 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3