- 5,867 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 428post #6406 of 66633/31/14 at 6:07pmYes but getting an E17 for an X5 is pointless as the X5 has more output power than the E17 does.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6407 of 66634/1/14 at 5:41pmpost #6408 of 66634/2/14 at 2:37pm
Used this at 6gain 60volume for a month or so, now the volume sounds lower than it used to sound, had to up gain to 12 to actually sound decently loud again. Is it just me slowly going deaf or the device's fault?post #6409 of 66634/2/14 at 3:02pmpost #6410 of 66634/2/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes connected to headphones, HD598, source is TV. Volume controlled by the E17. I'm playing the same files and didn't change anything so its either the device or me.
Edited by Stanfoo - 4/2/14 at 3:06pmpost #6411 of 66634/3/14 at 8:31amQuote:
Pretty sure it's you.
Because max volume with medium gain on the HD598 is flippingly loud in the first place. I know, because I've got a HD558 and it's ridiculous enough to go above 48 on the volume on medium gain (6db).post #6412 of 66634/3/14 at 2:17pmpost #6413 of 66634/3/14 at 2:30pmPull? Pull Harder? The little square hole you see there is the recess for the bump on the cable that holds it in place. Try a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the mini adapter on both sides away from the holes and work / wiggle the cable out.post #6414 of 66634/3/14 at 3:21pmpost #6415 of 66634/5/14 at 6:44pm
On my last business trip a few weeks ago, I had an hour to kill so I stopped by an airport sound shop...what's in called Invision or something like that. Anyway, chit chatted with the guy for a bit about my recent money pit hobby...that being headphones and he understood completely. Naturally, he talked me into trying out some stuff...a pair of Beyer planar phones and a couple of IEMs. I was proud of myself that I only walked out $150 lighter. I couldda probably dropped a grand without a problem. Anyway, the $150 went to an Alpen and so far I'm really loving this little thing. OK, soundwise I probably get slightly better sound from a Ray Samuels SR-71A that I'm using, but the difference maker for me is the versatility. I like to listen to music in bed and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the sleep control on this thing because it's not unusual that I fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night with my phones still on. If I'm using a portable amp like the Ray Samuels, the battery might be drained by morning. With this sucker, I just set the sleep setting to 30 or 40 minutes and it shuts off on its own. Love it!post #6416 of 66634/6/14 at 4:48pmpost #6417 of 66634/18/14 at 3:12ampost #6418 of 66634/18/14 at 5:34ampost #6419 of 66634/19/14 at 10:05am
Wish the dock connector was designed a bit better - I've just managed to fry my E17 by accidentally connecting the L7 lineout adapter the wrong way round (on mine the force required to insert it is equal with either orientation) and leaving it with USB power attached overnight.
Woke up to a very warm device with no signs of life other than the red charging light.post #6420 of 66634/19/14 at 10:41amWow that is really bad, the dock connector is really cheap and poorly designed.
Something to be said about the quality of Apple docks for sure, even the E09K dock fit is really sloppy.
I take it you have tried the reset and or letting the battery run out type stuff?
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Looking for clip-on earphones. 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP6 REFURBISHED VINTAGE ELECTROSTATICS 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 11 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)