- 5,404 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 428post #6406 of 65813/31/14 at 6:07pmYes but getting an E17 for an X5 is pointless as the X5 has more output power than the E17 does.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6407 of 65814/1/14 at 5:41pmpost #6408 of 65814/2/14 at 2:37pm
Used this at 6gain 60volume for a month or so, now the volume sounds lower than it used to sound, had to up gain to 12 to actually sound decently loud again. Is it just me slowly going deaf or the device's fault?post #6409 of 65814/2/14 at 3:02pmpost #6410 of 65814/2/14 at 3:05pmQuote:
Yes connected to headphones, HD598, source is TV. Volume controlled by the E17. I'm playing the same files and didn't change anything so its either the device or me.
Edited by Stanfoo - 4/2/14 at 3:06pmpost #6411 of 65814/3/14 at 8:31amQuote:
Pretty sure it's you.
Because max volume with medium gain on the HD598 is flippingly loud in the first place. I know, because I've got a HD558 and it's ridiculous enough to go above 48 on the volume on medium gain (6db).post #6412 of 65814/3/14 at 2:17pmpost #6413 of 65814/3/14 at 2:30pmPull? Pull Harder? The little square hole you see there is the recess for the bump on the cable that holds it in place. Try a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the mini adapter on both sides away from the holes and work / wiggle the cable out.post #6414 of 65814/3/14 at 3:21pmpost #6415 of 65814/5/14 at 6:44pm
On my last business trip a few weeks ago, I had an hour to kill so I stopped by an airport sound shop...what's in called Invision or something like that. Anyway, chit chatted with the guy for a bit about my recent money pit hobby...that being headphones and he understood completely. Naturally, he talked me into trying out some stuff...a pair of Beyer planar phones and a couple of IEMs. I was proud of myself that I only walked out $150 lighter. I couldda probably dropped a grand without a problem. Anyway, the $150 went to an Alpen and so far I'm really loving this little thing. OK, soundwise I probably get slightly better sound from a Ray Samuels SR-71A that I'm using, but the difference maker for me is the versatility. I like to listen to music in bed and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the sleep control on this thing because it's not unusual that I fall asleep and wake up in the middle of the night with my phones still on. If I'm using a portable amp like the Ray Samuels, the battery might be drained by morning. With this sucker, I just set the sleep setting to 30 or 40 minutes and it shuts off on its own. Love it!post #6416 of 65814/6/14 at 4:48pmpost #6417 of 65814/18/14 at 3:12ampost #6418 of 65814/18/14 at 5:34ampost #6419 of 65814/19/14 at 10:05am
Wish the dock connector was designed a bit better - I've just managed to fry my E17 by accidentally connecting the L7 lineout adapter the wrong way round (on mine the force required to insert it is equal with either orientation) and leaving it with USB power attached overnight.
Woke up to a very warm device with no signs of life other than the red charging light.post #6420 of 65814/19/14 at 10:41amWow that is really bad, the dock connector is really cheap and poorly designed.
Something to be said about the quality of Apple docks for sure, even the E09K dock fit is really sloppy.
I take it you have tried the reset and or letting the battery run out type stuff?
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 31 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Electrocompanient ECD-1 DAC with Empirical Audio "Turbo-Mod" (Price... 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 3 minutes ago
- › The How and Why of Tubes 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)