Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 426
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6377 of 65563/16/14 at 5:01amThread StarterQuote:
My E17 is broken due to accident so I can't answer your question. But a typical (Apple compatible) TRRS plug should work in E17 (as the plug should work almost universally), just that the mic won't work since E17 doesn't have any hardware inside to support mic.post #6378 of 65563/16/14 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by imeem
hey i was doing some sound quality comparison between optical and USB @ the same bitrate and sample rate, I find that for me, optical improves the bass response, makes my music sound "fuller", and it's a lot louder than USB @ the same volume. For USB, there's less bass, quieter, but the highs/vocals seems to stand out more. You could say that it sounds like it has been EQ'd.
Do you notice a similar difference between USB and optical? I was actually surprised that i could hear differences and i thought it was my new amp for my speaker.
Can't remember, I use mine at work these days, but have no optical source there...post #6379 of 65563/22/14 at 11:04pm
How would you guys describe the difference between the amp section and anything else between the e17 and e07k? I'm about to upgrade because of the optical in and I'm wondering if id be getting any thing else in return.post #6380 of 65563/23/14 at 4:03amI've never heard the E07K but aside from the optical in you can use a 24/192 resolution on the optical / coax port.
The screen on the E17 stays on all the time unless you use the hold button, so you will end up with burnin down the road.post #6381 of 65563/23/14 at 7:55am
i'm comparing the battery life between optical and USB. With optical, the E17 dies after ~7 hours and 47 minutes of continuous use. With USB, i'm still testing it and so far it has been 13 hours and there is still 4 bars left.
Testing it with L7 LOD and USB charging off of course.
Edited by imeem - 3/23/14 at 12:53pmpost #6382 of 65563/23/14 at 10:03amNice to know the battery usage with optical on and off. It makes sense that the battery would drain faster with the optical turned on as the transceiver will draw power when it is in use.post #6383 of 65563/23/14 at 12:48pmQuote:
i emailed Fiio and they said that USB and optical is suppose to have identical battery life. Right now, USB in is approaching 18 hours. Still has 4 bars.Quote:Thanks for your mail and support to FiiO!
If so, it is weird that the "spdif in" use more battery compare to the "usb in". OK, pls do more comparison between spdif and USB and check whether the E17 is OK. The battery life should about 10 hours or more.post #6384 of 65563/23/14 at 1:00pmpost #6385 of 65563/23/14 at 1:53pmpost #6386 of 65563/24/14 at 5:58amQuote:
got another update from Fiio. Seems like some customer service agent are misinformed, but this one confirm that USB charging off still charges a little.Quote:
Thanks for your mail and support to FiiO!
Kindly inform you that, this result is normal. Your E17 is OK.
If you use E17 work as a DAC via USB port, the power for most of the chips still from USB port but not battery even though USB CHG be set as OFF. USB CHG be set as OFF can stop the battery be charged but can't stop the power supply from the computer.
If you use "spdif in", the power for all of the chips come from only the battery.
So the power consumption of the "spdif in" and the "usb in" is the same, but the power come from different paths.
If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us!
Have a nice day! ^_^
FiiO Customer Servicepost #6387 of 65563/24/14 at 12:02pmpost #6388 of 65563/24/14 at 3:21pmpost #6389 of 65563/24/14 at 4:41pmpost #6390 of 65563/24/14 at 7:48pm
one question, what device was the E17 originally designed for? I ask this because judging from the accessories (short cables, the rubber band) it comes with, it's meant for mp3 players and ipods. But not all of them support LOD.
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN Tour Thread and Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 7 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)