- 5,134 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 425post #6361 of 65562/25/14 at 4:13amNot implementing a Display Timer was a really bad design choice from FiiO...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 65562/25/14 at 7:17ampost #6363 of 65562/25/14 at 11:10pm
Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy SII will work with the FiiO E17 via OTG???
Would love to bypass the dac as well amp on the SII and just use everything the E17 has to offer. :)
Thanks in advance!!!post #6364 of 65562/27/14 at 4:39amQuote:
It will not work with the i9100 via OTG, tested against JB and KK.post #6365 of 65563/4/14 at 1:31pm
Looking forward to my FiiO E17 arriving this week. I enjoyed having one a year or so ago but sold it to help fund a Schiit Asgard2. At the time, I used the E17 with a pair of Etymotic HF3 IEMs. I now own a pair of Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs, which I paired with a Meridian DAC (before I sold it). At this point I'm curious if anyone might share their experience using the E17 with ER-4PT IEMs, particularly with or without the ER-4S inline adapter.
Edited by mwillits - 3/4/14 at 2:10pmpost #6366 of 65563/10/14 at 7:44pmpost #6367 of 65563/11/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Did you disable USB charging when using USB instead of optical? I haven't noticed much change...post #6368 of 65563/11/14 at 10:51amQuote:
i disable it when i was using it with usb. when using optical I enabled it because i figure it shouldn't affect the overall battery health (unlike when you enable usb charging and you are using the E17 via USB).
Is it also because i set the sample rate to 192 khz?post #6369 of 65563/11/14 at 11:12amQuote:
IIRC I never had mine work above 24/96, never x/192.post #6370 of 65563/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #6371 of 65563/11/14 at 7:27pm
k my battery quickly went down from full charge to 1 battery in 1 day. This never happened when using usb with 24/96 khz and i charge it every 1-2 weeks. I will try 24/96 again on optical to see if it's the high sample rate's fault or optical.post #6372 of 65563/13/14 at 6:47amCanadians, where is the cheapest place the buy this? The price I've seen is 140+tax. I'm gonna upgrade from my e07k mainly for the optical in so I can get bit perfect sound from my ps3. Its not a downgrade somehow right?post #6373 of 65563/13/14 at 7:58amQuote:The headphonebar.com in Vancouver, my E17, E12 and X3 all came from there. Great shop with free shipping!
The E17 will give you 24/192 on optical and a little more power, so its really up to you if you think it is worth the upgrade.post #6374 of 65563/13/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
i got mines on sale at Canada Computer for 99.99 b4 tax last summer.post #6375 of 65563/15/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
hey i was doing some sound quality comparison between optical and USB @ the same bitrate and sample rate, I find that for me, optical improves the bass response, makes my music sound "fuller", and it's a lot louder than USB @ the same volume. For USB, there's less bass, quieter, but the highs/vocals seems to stand out more. You could say that it sounds like it has been EQ'd.
Do you notice a similar difference between USB and optical? I was actually surprised that i could hear differences and i thought it was my new amp for my speaker.
Edited by imeem - 3/15/14 at 7:29pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 48 seconds ago
- › AKG K550 Review. 48 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Looking to replace Sennheiser PC350 Special Editions! 1 minute ago
- › Best Audio Technica Headphones under $100 2 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 2 minutes ago
- › Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? 3 minutes ago
- › HTC M8 Question 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)