- 4,788 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 425post #6361 of 65352/25/14 at 4:13amNot implementing a Display Timer was a really bad design choice from FiiO...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 65352/25/14 at 7:17ampost #6363 of 65352/25/14 at 11:10pm
Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy SII will work with the FiiO E17 via OTG???
Would love to bypass the dac as well amp on the SII and just use everything the E17 has to offer. :)
Thanks in advance!!!post #6364 of 65352/27/14 at 4:39amQuote:
It will not work with the i9100 via OTG, tested against JB and KK.post #6365 of 65353/4/14 at 1:31pm
Looking forward to my FiiO E17 arriving this week. I enjoyed having one a year or so ago but sold it to help fund a Schiit Asgard2. At the time, I used the E17 with a pair of Etymotic HF3 IEMs. I now own a pair of Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs, which I paired with a Meridian DAC (before I sold it). At this point I'm curious if anyone might share their experience using the E17 with ER-4PT IEMs, particularly with or without the ER-4S inline adapter.
Edited by mwillits - 3/4/14 at 2:10pmpost #6366 of 65353/10/14 at 7:44pmpost #6367 of 65353/11/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Did you disable USB charging when using USB instead of optical? I haven't noticed much change...post #6368 of 65353/11/14 at 10:51amQuote:
i disable it when i was using it with usb. when using optical I enabled it because i figure it shouldn't affect the overall battery health (unlike when you enable usb charging and you are using the E17 via USB).
Is it also because i set the sample rate to 192 khz?post #6369 of 65353/11/14 at 11:12amQuote:
IIRC I never had mine work above 24/96, never x/192.post #6370 of 65353/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #6371 of 65353/11/14 at 7:27pm
k my battery quickly went down from full charge to 1 battery in 1 day. This never happened when using usb with 24/96 khz and i charge it every 1-2 weeks. I will try 24/96 again on optical to see if it's the high sample rate's fault or optical.post #6372 of 65353/13/14 at 6:47amCanadians, where is the cheapest place the buy this? The price I've seen is 140+tax. I'm gonna upgrade from my e07k mainly for the optical in so I can get bit perfect sound from my ps3. Its not a downgrade somehow right?post #6373 of 65353/13/14 at 7:58amQuote:The headphonebar.com in Vancouver, my E17, E12 and X3 all came from there. Great shop with free shipping!
The E17 will give you 24/192 on optical and a little more power, so its really up to you if you think it is worth the upgrade.post #6374 of 65353/13/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
i got mines on sale at Canada Computer for 99.99 b4 tax last summer.post #6375 of 65353/15/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
hey i was doing some sound quality comparison between optical and USB @ the same bitrate and sample rate, I find that for me, optical improves the bass response, makes my music sound "fuller", and it's a lot louder than USB @ the same volume. For USB, there's less bass, quieter, but the highs/vocals seems to stand out more. You could say that it sounds like it has been EQ'd.
Do you notice a similar difference between USB and optical? I was actually surprised that i could hear differences and i thought it was my new amp for my speaker.
Edited by imeem - 3/15/14 at 7:29pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 23 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted:... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)