- 5,376 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 425post #6361 of 65822/25/14 at 4:13amNot implementing a Display Timer was a really bad design choice from FiiO...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 65822/25/14 at 7:17ampost #6363 of 65822/25/14 at 11:10pm
Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy SII will work with the FiiO E17 via OTG???
Would love to bypass the dac as well amp on the SII and just use everything the E17 has to offer. :)
Thanks in advance!!!post #6364 of 65822/27/14 at 4:39amQuote:
It will not work with the i9100 via OTG, tested against JB and KK.post #6365 of 65823/4/14 at 1:31pm
Looking forward to my FiiO E17 arriving this week. I enjoyed having one a year or so ago but sold it to help fund a Schiit Asgard2. At the time, I used the E17 with a pair of Etymotic HF3 IEMs. I now own a pair of Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs, which I paired with a Meridian DAC (before I sold it). At this point I'm curious if anyone might share their experience using the E17 with ER-4PT IEMs, particularly with or without the ER-4S inline adapter.
Edited by mwillits - 3/4/14 at 2:10pmpost #6366 of 65823/10/14 at 7:44pmpost #6367 of 65823/11/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Did you disable USB charging when using USB instead of optical? I haven't noticed much change...post #6368 of 65823/11/14 at 10:51amQuote:
i disable it when i was using it with usb. when using optical I enabled it because i figure it shouldn't affect the overall battery health (unlike when you enable usb charging and you are using the E17 via USB).
Is it also because i set the sample rate to 192 khz?post #6369 of 65823/11/14 at 11:12amQuote:
IIRC I never had mine work above 24/96, never x/192.post #6370 of 65823/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #6371 of 65823/11/14 at 7:27pm
k my battery quickly went down from full charge to 1 battery in 1 day. This never happened when using usb with 24/96 khz and i charge it every 1-2 weeks. I will try 24/96 again on optical to see if it's the high sample rate's fault or optical.post #6372 of 65823/13/14 at 6:47amCanadians, where is the cheapest place the buy this? The price I've seen is 140+tax. I'm gonna upgrade from my e07k mainly for the optical in so I can get bit perfect sound from my ps3. Its not a downgrade somehow right?post #6373 of 65823/13/14 at 7:58amQuote:The headphonebar.com in Vancouver, my E17, E12 and X3 all came from there. Great shop with free shipping!
The E17 will give you 24/192 on optical and a little more power, so its really up to you if you think it is worth the upgrade.post #6374 of 65823/13/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
i got mines on sale at Canada Computer for 99.99 b4 tax last summer.post #6375 of 65823/15/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
hey i was doing some sound quality comparison between optical and USB @ the same bitrate and sample rate, I find that for me, optical improves the bass response, makes my music sound "fuller", and it's a lot louder than USB @ the same volume. For USB, there's less bass, quieter, but the highs/vocals seems to stand out more. You could say that it sounds like it has been EQ'd.
Do you notice a similar difference between USB and optical? I was actually surprised that i could hear differences and i thought it was my new amp for my speaker.
Edited by imeem - 3/15/14 at 7:29pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › VOX: Mac OSX Music Player 2 seconds ago
- › Melbourne Meet - October 2014 - Impressions and Photos Thread 7 seconds ago
- › New AKG K701 (Without Bumps - Original Manufactured Condition from... 36 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 US Tour Thread / Impressions and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › Donscorpio dolphin 5 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 *Price Drop* 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)