- 5,040 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 425post #6361 of 65512/25/14 at 4:13amNot implementing a Display Timer was a really bad design choice from FiiO...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 65512/25/14 at 7:17ampost #6363 of 65512/25/14 at 11:10pm
Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy SII will work with the FiiO E17 via OTG???
Would love to bypass the dac as well amp on the SII and just use everything the E17 has to offer. :)
Thanks in advance!!!post #6364 of 65512/27/14 at 4:39amQuote:
It will not work with the i9100 via OTG, tested against JB and KK.post #6365 of 65513/4/14 at 1:31pm
Looking forward to my FiiO E17 arriving this week. I enjoyed having one a year or so ago but sold it to help fund a Schiit Asgard2. At the time, I used the E17 with a pair of Etymotic HF3 IEMs. I now own a pair of Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs, which I paired with a Meridian DAC (before I sold it). At this point I'm curious if anyone might share their experience using the E17 with ER-4PT IEMs, particularly with or without the ER-4S inline adapter.
Edited by mwillits - 3/4/14 at 2:10pmpost #6366 of 65513/10/14 at 7:44pmpost #6367 of 65513/11/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Did you disable USB charging when using USB instead of optical? I haven't noticed much change...post #6368 of 65513/11/14 at 10:51amQuote:
i disable it when i was using it with usb. when using optical I enabled it because i figure it shouldn't affect the overall battery health (unlike when you enable usb charging and you are using the E17 via USB).
Is it also because i set the sample rate to 192 khz?post #6369 of 65513/11/14 at 11:12amQuote:
IIRC I never had mine work above 24/96, never x/192.post #6370 of 65513/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #6371 of 65513/11/14 at 7:27pm
k my battery quickly went down from full charge to 1 battery in 1 day. This never happened when using usb with 24/96 khz and i charge it every 1-2 weeks. I will try 24/96 again on optical to see if it's the high sample rate's fault or optical.post #6372 of 65513/13/14 at 6:47amCanadians, where is the cheapest place the buy this? The price I've seen is 140+tax. I'm gonna upgrade from my e07k mainly for the optical in so I can get bit perfect sound from my ps3. Its not a downgrade somehow right?post #6373 of 65513/13/14 at 7:58amQuote:The headphonebar.com in Vancouver, my E17, E12 and X3 all came from there. Great shop with free shipping!
The E17 will give you 24/192 on optical and a little more power, so its really up to you if you think it is worth the upgrade.post #6374 of 65513/13/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
i got mines on sale at Canada Computer for 99.99 b4 tax last summer.post #6375 of 65513/15/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
hey i was doing some sound quality comparison between optical and USB @ the same bitrate and sample rate, I find that for me, optical improves the bass response, makes my music sound "fuller", and it's a lot louder than USB @ the same volume. For USB, there's less bass, quieter, but the highs/vocals seems to stand out more. You could say that it sounds like it has been EQ'd.
Do you notice a similar difference between USB and optical? I was actually surprised that i could hear differences and i thought it was my new amp for my speaker.
Edited by imeem - 3/15/14 at 7:29pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 13 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 (FS or WTT for K712) 1 minute ago
- › beyerdynamic T51p & T51i appreciation society 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-08-27 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A practical experiment that shows how damping factor works in... 2 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › What should I set my ASUS U7 Headphone setting to when using a... 2 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)