- 5,032 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 425post #6361 of 65512/25/14 at 4:13amNot implementing a Display Timer was a really bad design choice from FiiO...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 65512/25/14 at 7:17ampost #6363 of 65512/25/14 at 11:10pm
Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy SII will work with the FiiO E17 via OTG???
Would love to bypass the dac as well amp on the SII and just use everything the E17 has to offer. :)
Thanks in advance!!!post #6364 of 65512/27/14 at 4:39amQuote:
It will not work with the i9100 via OTG, tested against JB and KK.post #6365 of 65513/4/14 at 1:31pm
Looking forward to my FiiO E17 arriving this week. I enjoyed having one a year or so ago but sold it to help fund a Schiit Asgard2. At the time, I used the E17 with a pair of Etymotic HF3 IEMs. I now own a pair of Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs, which I paired with a Meridian DAC (before I sold it). At this point I'm curious if anyone might share their experience using the E17 with ER-4PT IEMs, particularly with or without the ER-4S inline adapter.
Edited by mwillits - 3/4/14 at 2:10pmpost #6366 of 65513/10/14 at 7:44pmpost #6367 of 65513/11/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Did you disable USB charging when using USB instead of optical? I haven't noticed much change...post #6368 of 65513/11/14 at 10:51amQuote:
i disable it when i was using it with usb. when using optical I enabled it because i figure it shouldn't affect the overall battery health (unlike when you enable usb charging and you are using the E17 via USB).
Is it also because i set the sample rate to 192 khz?post #6369 of 65513/11/14 at 11:12amQuote:
IIRC I never had mine work above 24/96, never x/192.post #6370 of 65513/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #6371 of 65513/11/14 at 7:27pm
k my battery quickly went down from full charge to 1 battery in 1 day. This never happened when using usb with 24/96 khz and i charge it every 1-2 weeks. I will try 24/96 again on optical to see if it's the high sample rate's fault or optical.post #6372 of 65513/13/14 at 6:47amCanadians, where is the cheapest place the buy this? The price I've seen is 140+tax. I'm gonna upgrade from my e07k mainly for the optical in so I can get bit perfect sound from my ps3. Its not a downgrade somehow right?post #6373 of 65513/13/14 at 7:58amQuote:The headphonebar.com in Vancouver, my E17, E12 and X3 all came from there. Great shop with free shipping!
The E17 will give you 24/192 on optical and a little more power, so its really up to you if you think it is worth the upgrade.post #6374 of 65513/13/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
i got mines on sale at Canada Computer for 99.99 b4 tax last summer.post #6375 of 65513/15/14 at 7:20pmQuote:
hey i was doing some sound quality comparison between optical and USB @ the same bitrate and sample rate, I find that for me, optical improves the bass response, makes my music sound "fuller", and it's a lot louder than USB @ the same volume. For USB, there's less bass, quieter, but the highs/vocals seems to stand out more. You could say that it sounds like it has been EQ'd.
Do you notice a similar difference between USB and optical? I was actually surprised that i could hear differences and i thought it was my new amp for my speaker.
Edited by imeem - 3/15/14 at 7:29pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado e Series 14 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 25 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Need help picking my first pair of audiophile headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)