- 35 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Edmonton, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 423post #6331 of 67171/27/14 at 9:56pmYeah it shou
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6332 of 67171/27/14 at 10:01pmAs for android SG users, wouldn't u just need a USB OTG cable (from Nokia) for the E17 to work? (Or Hubbed with external batt so it doesn't draw too much power) if u can attach hard drives to the SG3 I would hope it could port the audio out via USB (unless it's missing drivers)post #6333 of 67171/29/14 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sushisamurai
I assumed with the E09K, u were suppose to activate the LO pass mechanism on the E17, so that the E17 becomes the DAC and the E09K becomes the amp... It should retain the E17 EQ settigs. I don't remember (I set and forget . ), but I have no noticeable difference in sound with standalone E17 vs E09K combo.
Btw, cudo's to this thread. Love Fiio's products and the community here.
i realized that the eq function is via the amp of the e17. thats why i cant get the bass and treble functions to workpost #6334 of 67171/29/14 at 4:52pmThe E17 can be used both ways with the E09K. If the LO bypass is set you have no control over volume / bass / treble when it is docked. If the LO bypass is not set then you can control volume / bass / treble going into the E09K.post #6335 of 67171/30/14 at 12:25am
So I have received my E17 and am using it with E09k Amp. There is one thing I don't understand.
I can't seem to change the "48k 16bit" displayed on E17 (which was there when I first turned it on), no matter what I do with the options on windows. Does anyone know why this is and what should I do?post #6336 of 67171/30/14 at 3:49ampost #6337 of 67171/30/14 at 4:15am
The 24 bit files I have are 24/48. And no, the display still shows 48k 16bit, even if the files I usually play are 44.1k 16 bit, it still shows 48k. Even if I set everything either to 24 bit or 16 bit both in the player and in the E17 windows settings, it always shows 48k 16bit. I'm really confused.
Also, I've noticed that the volume bar in foobar works, even if I'm using WASAPI. It didn't work before. I'm pretty sure it's selected and I checked everything. Sound won't play anywhere but in foobar when I'm using it. I'm just mentioning this in case if it's related.
Thank you for replying.
Edited by Mace63 - 1/30/14 at 4:23ampost #6338 of 67171/30/14 at 4:35amThat's explained in the manual, 24 only shows up when playing 96 or 192. Files that are 44 & 48 show up as 16 on the screen, you are still playing the 24/48 file in 24 bit its just the display only shows 16...
Also the volume in windows should be at max for bit perfect output with WASAPI, you adjust the output volume from the E09K.post #6339 of 67172/7/14 at 7:30ampost #6340 of 67172/8/14 at 2:22am
^ I'm sorry about your screen. I wonder what it is about. :/
Quote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
That's explained in the manual, 24 only shows up when playing 96 or 192. Files that are 44 & 48 show up as 16 on the screen, you are still playing the 24/48 file in 24 bit its just the display only shows 16...
Also the volume in windows should be at max for bit perfect output with WASAPI, you adjust the output volume from the E09K.
I've just seen your post now (I didn't get the e-mail notification), and I wanted to thank you. I don't know how it didn't occur to me to look in the manual; but it really is all explained there. And also thanks for the tip!
EDIT: I compared the same audio files both in 16 bit and 24 bit, and there was big difference between the two (The 16 bit one actually sounds a lot louder and fuller, but I can't really make up my mind to which one is "better"). Is this normal or is it possible that there is something wrong with my settings?
Edited by Mace63 - 2/8/14 at 2:35ampost #6341 of 67172/12/14 at 1:41ampost #6342 of 67172/12/14 at 7:18am
I've only heard the combo briefly, but I enjoyed it. The E17 is a little warm in sound, as is the HD598 so they will work well, but a slightly more neutral amp would pair even better methinks.
When it comes to headphone/amp/source matching I like to think that opposites attract. Neutral or bright sources and amps make warm or dark headphones sing and vice versa.post #6343 of 67172/13/14 at 1:52amQuote:Originally Posted by drgazza
I recently purchased an E17 and I wish to avoid stressing the headphone jack; can anyone recommend a small extension can be left always connected to the E17 and on which link the various headphones? the connection will always be E17 <-> extension <-> headphone, I do not seek a multiplier. Thank's in advance
thank's in advance
Is there a problem with using the E17's headphone jack that I'm unaware about? Why would it be stressed?post #6344 of 67172/13/14 at 4:03am
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fidelio X2 vs HD598 vs K712 8 seconds ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 16 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 53 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...