- 35 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Edmonton, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition and audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them....
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 423post #6331 of 67071/27/14 at 9:56pmYeah it shou
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6332 of 67071/27/14 at 10:01pmAs for android SG users, wouldn't u just need a USB OTG cable (from Nokia) for the E17 to work? (Or Hubbed with external batt so it doesn't draw too much power) if u can attach hard drives to the SG3 I would hope it could port the audio out via USB (unless it's missing drivers)post #6333 of 67071/29/14 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sushisamurai
I assumed with the E09K, u were suppose to activate the LO pass mechanism on the E17, so that the E17 becomes the DAC and the E09K becomes the amp... It should retain the E17 EQ settigs. I don't remember (I set and forget . ), but I have no noticeable difference in sound with standalone E17 vs E09K combo.
Btw, cudo's to this thread. Love Fiio's products and the community here.
i realized that the eq function is via the amp of the e17. thats why i cant get the bass and treble functions to workpost #6334 of 67071/29/14 at 4:52pmThe E17 can be used both ways with the E09K. If the LO bypass is set you have no control over volume / bass / treble when it is docked. If the LO bypass is not set then you can control volume / bass / treble going into the E09K.post #6335 of 67071/30/14 at 12:25am
So I have received my E17 and am using it with E09k Amp. There is one thing I don't understand.
I can't seem to change the "48k 16bit" displayed on E17 (which was there when I first turned it on), no matter what I do with the options on windows. Does anyone know why this is and what should I do?post #6336 of 67071/30/14 at 3:49ampost #6337 of 67071/30/14 at 4:15am
The 24 bit files I have are 24/48. And no, the display still shows 48k 16bit, even if the files I usually play are 44.1k 16 bit, it still shows 48k. Even if I set everything either to 24 bit or 16 bit both in the player and in the E17 windows settings, it always shows 48k 16bit. I'm really confused.
Also, I've noticed that the volume bar in foobar works, even if I'm using WASAPI. It didn't work before. I'm pretty sure it's selected and I checked everything. Sound won't play anywhere but in foobar when I'm using it. I'm just mentioning this in case if it's related.
Thank you for replying.
Edited by Mace63 - 1/30/14 at 4:23ampost #6338 of 67071/30/14 at 4:35amThat's explained in the manual, 24 only shows up when playing 96 or 192. Files that are 44 & 48 show up as 16 on the screen, you are still playing the 24/48 file in 24 bit its just the display only shows 16...
Also the volume in windows should be at max for bit perfect output with WASAPI, you adjust the output volume from the E09K.post #6339 of 67072/7/14 at 7:30ampost #6340 of 67072/8/14 at 2:22am
^ I'm sorry about your screen. I wonder what it is about. :/
Quote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
That's explained in the manual, 24 only shows up when playing 96 or 192. Files that are 44 & 48 show up as 16 on the screen, you are still playing the 24/48 file in 24 bit its just the display only shows 16...
Also the volume in windows should be at max for bit perfect output with WASAPI, you adjust the output volume from the E09K.
I've just seen your post now (I didn't get the e-mail notification), and I wanted to thank you. I don't know how it didn't occur to me to look in the manual; but it really is all explained there. And also thanks for the tip!
EDIT: I compared the same audio files both in 16 bit and 24 bit, and there was big difference between the two (The 16 bit one actually sounds a lot louder and fuller, but I can't really make up my mind to which one is "better"). Is this normal or is it possible that there is something wrong with my settings?
Edited by Mace63 - 2/8/14 at 2:35ampost #6341 of 67072/12/14 at 1:41ampost #6342 of 67072/12/14 at 7:18am
I've only heard the combo briefly, but I enjoyed it. The E17 is a little warm in sound, as is the HD598 so they will work well, but a slightly more neutral amp would pair even better methinks.
When it comes to headphone/amp/source matching I like to think that opposites attract. Neutral or bright sources and amps make warm or dark headphones sing and vice versa.post #6343 of 67072/13/14 at 1:52amQuote:Originally Posted by drgazza
I recently purchased an E17 and I wish to avoid stressing the headphone jack; can anyone recommend a small extension can be left always connected to the E17 and on which link the various headphones? the connection will always be E17 <-> extension <-> headphone, I do not seek a multiplier. Thank's in advance
thank's in advance
Is there a problem with using the E17's headphone jack that I'm unaware about? Why would it be stressed?post #6344 of 67072/13/14 at 4:03am
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 10 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 27 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 45 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX (First Edition) with custom Paracord cable and stock cable 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse