Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 421

post #6301 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post


Without a single problem volume-wise. Different is if it will drive it properly. What headphones are we talking about?


Thanks for the reply.  I'm not so worried about volume as I am having a good frequency response across the whole range.  My guess is that amps not designed for driving lower-impedance headphones will roll off on the bassy end.  The headphones in this case are Sennheiser HD580 Pro's, though I'm curious about how low a 'phones impedance can go and still be driven well by the E17 in general.

post #6302 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenkin View Post


Thanks for the reply.  I'm not so worried about volume as I am having a good frequency response across the whole range.  My guess is that amps not designed for driving lower-impedance headphones will roll off on the bassy end.  The headphones in this case are Sennheiser HD580 Pro's, though I'm curious about how low a 'phones impedance can go and still be driven well by the E17 in general.

I don't think you would have any problem honestly. That's something that depends more on how difficult are the headphones to be driven. The E17 drives perfectly all the AKG K7xx and Q701 series and they are known to be pretty difficult to drive. Same range of impedances. You are good to go man.

EDIT: if you are specifically concerned about the bass, you might wanna check the E18 as well, that IMHO behaves better than the E17 in the lower frequency end.
Edited by Ashade - 12/28/13 at 12:45pm
post #6303 of 6418

thanks ashade...

post #6304 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenkin View Post

thanks ashade...

You are very welcome. Don't forget to check the E18 as well. For little more you can even build an O2/ODAC combo too.
post #6305 of 6418

my e17's usb slot broke and I was wondering if i could use the l7 to i guess replace it so i can use it with my computer again?

post #6306 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytraceme View Post
 

my e17's usb slot broke and I was wondering if i could use the l7 to i guess replace it so i can use it with my computer again?

 

Yes, just a few caveats - the L7 puts the E17 into dock mode, which disables AUX input (obviously as it's covered) and sets the gain to 6 (it can be changed, but must be set each time the L7 is inserted)

 

But basically yes

post #6307 of 6418

Thanks a lot for the help and thats fine my input i always optical or usb so im good to buy that and sell my e09k? Im really upset I spent money on it before asking!

post #6308 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytraceme View Post
 

Thanks a lot for the help and thats fine my input i always optical or usb so im good to buy that and sell my e09k? Im really upset I spent money on it before asking!

 

You have an E09K?

 

Just use the usb port on that...

post #6309 of 6418

Just picked up an E17 from what appears to be an authorized Canadian retailer (Canada Computers) on sale for $99.99 and the case and RCA->3.5mm adapter seems to be different from all of the pictures I see online and from all the unboxing videos. The case is a neoprene material with a velcro closure instead of the velour with a clasp. I checked the authenticity number on the Fiio website and it says the product is genuine. I'm curious if anyone else seen this version of the case and the adapter? I'm worried about whether or not the product is genuine. 

 

post #6310 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadave View Post

Just picked up an E17 from what appears to be an authorized Canadian retailer (Canada Computers) on sale for $99.99 and the case and RCA->3.5mm adapter seems to be different from all of the pictures I see online and from all the unboxing videos. The case is a neoprene material with a velcro closure instead of the velour with a clasp. I checked the authenticity number on the Fiio website and it says the product is genuine. I'm curious if anyone else seen this version of the case and the adapter? I'm worried about whether or not the product is genuine. 



They look like what is being included with the E18. Maybe they have updated the packaging. Was the package sealed?
post #6311 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post


They look like what is being included with the E18. Maybe they have updated the packaging. Was the package sealed?

 

Yes, it was sealed. I'm kinda disappointed... the case looks a lot cheaper than what used to be included. Great portable amp though. 

post #6312 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadave View Post
 

Just picked up an E17 from what appears to be an authorized Canadian retailer (Canada Computers) on sale for $99.99 and the case and RCA->3.5mm adapter seems to be different from all of the pictures I see online and from all the unboxing videos. The case is a neoprene material with a velcro closure instead of the velour with a clasp. I checked the authenticity number on the Fiio website and it says the product is genuine. I'm curious if anyone else seen this version of the case and the adapter? I'm worried about whether or not the product is genuine. 

 

I received mine for Xmas and those are what came with it. I didn't realize there was another version of the case.

post #6313 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadave View Post

Yes, it was sealed. I'm kinda disappointed... the case looks a lot cheaper than what used to be included. Great portable amp though. 

The old case might look better, but it was kind of annoying in my opinion. I had the feeling the hard button was going to scratch the amp. I prefer the new one better and it stays cleaner much better.
post #6314 of 6418

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadave View Post
 

 

Yes, it was sealed. I'm kinda disappointed... the case looks a lot cheaper than what used to be included. Great portable amp though. 

Well my case is sitting there gathering dust; literally.

If the new carry bag/case is more of a neoprene material then it should be less of a dust trap/magnet.

Probably is a good thing.

post #6315 of 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
 

 

You have an E09K?

 

Just use the usb port on that...

waste of money as i am a bass head and always use the bass and treble functions which the e09k doesnt have plus it's too big for portable use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought