Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 419post #6271 of 655612/9/13 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6272 of 655612/9/13 at 8:52pmpost #6273 of 655612/10/13 at 3:23pmpost #6274 of 655612/10/13 at 5:01pmThere is no FW for the E17 as it is not upgradable.
If there is no LOD cable for your nano and if what you are doing provides enough source level, then that is good as you can always turn the nano up to get more. If there is a LOD then you don't even have to use the nano's volume control at all since it's output will be at line out level through that cable.post #6275 of 655612/10/13 at 9:23pm
i think my headphone jack/amplifier on the E17 is defective. After many months of experience, i notice that my fiio e17 is very susceptible to interference from smartphones, home phones, and monitors.
When they are near them, they make a weird noise that is not a tick or a click. However, when i move the e17 away from them (like 10 inchs or more), the chance of it happening decreases alot. The funny thing is that it only happens when i'm using the headphone jack and not when using line out.
any1 have insights on this issue? I might consider putting it in a anti-static bag to see if it will fixes this.
Edited by imeem - 12/10/13 at 9:24pmpost #6276 of 655612/11/13 at 12:26am
I've had the E17 for a couple weeks now. Pretty happy with it thou i hear it sounds a bit better using optical in, so im getting a USB to SPD/IF device.
One thing that ive noticed is that generating a full digital range sine wave into it leads to some distortion. At first i though there was gain somewhere that was causing digital clipping. Ive tried WASAPI, ASIO and DS and its the same, there is distortion as soon as you get to within 0.2db of full digital range. Then I noticed this distortion was different in left or right channels. Am I correct in saying this distortion is coming from the dac output working near its maximum range? Is this normal?
Thanks for your time,
Neugpost #6277 of 655612/11/13 at 12:57ampost #6278 of 655612/13/13 at 4:37pmpost #6279 of 655612/17/13 at 1:11pm
have a problem with mine...
left the USB charge option on "off" ..battery drained and now when I try to turn it on the screen appears for a second and turns off...It wont charge via USB because the option is "off"...
tried resetting but nothing...
any idea?post #6280 of 655612/17/13 at 1:33pmpost #6281 of 655612/17/13 at 1:37pm
so actually seeing the main screen for a millisecond means that its not fully dead?
waiting is my only option I guess...
Thank you.post #6282 of 655612/17/13 at 1:39pmpost #6283 of 655612/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
trying turning it on while holding the reset does nothing....
leaving it plugged won't help because its on usb charge "off"...
guess will wait for the battery to die completely.post #6284 of 655612/18/13 at 1:58am
left a ticket and a prompt response suggested the same thing...when the battery dies completely the device will start charging, no matter if you leave the USB charge option "on" or "off"...
button is red :)
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 3 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)