Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 419
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If there is no LOD cable for your nano and if what you are doing provides enough source level, then that is good as you can always turn the nano up to get more. If there is a LOD then you don't even have to use the nano's volume control at all since it's output will be at line out level through that cable.
i think my headphone jack/amplifier on the E17 is defective. After many months of experience, i notice that my fiio e17 is very susceptible to interference from smartphones, home phones, and monitors.
When they are near them, they make a weird noise that is not a tick or a click. However, when i move the e17 away from them (like 10 inchs or more), the chance of it happening decreases alot. The funny thing is that it only happens when i'm using the headphone jack and not when using line out.
any1 have insights on this issue? I might consider putting it in a anti-static bag to see if it will fixes this.
Edited by imeem - 12/10/13 at 9:24pm
I've had the E17 for a couple weeks now. Pretty happy with it thou i hear it sounds a bit better using optical in, so im getting a USB to SPD/IF device.
One thing that ive noticed is that generating a full digital range sine wave into it leads to some distortion. At first i though there was gain somewhere that was causing digital clipping. Ive tried WASAPI, ASIO and DS and its the same, there is distortion as soon as you get to within 0.2db of full digital range. Then I noticed this distortion was different in left or right channels. Am I correct in saying this distortion is coming from the dac output working near its maximum range? Is this normal?
Thanks for your time,
have a problem with mine...
left the USB charge option on "off" ..battery drained and now when I try to turn it on the screen appears for a second and turns off...It wont charge via USB because the option is "off"...
tried resetting but nothing...
so actually seeing the main screen for a millisecond means that its not fully dead?
waiting is my only option I guess...
trying turning it on while holding the reset does nothing....
leaving it plugged won't help because its on usb charge "off"...
guess will wait for the battery to die completely.
left a ticket and a prompt response suggested the same thing...when the battery dies completely the device will start charging, no matter if you leave the USB charge option "on" or "off"...
button is red :)
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 15 seconds ago
- › HD 800 Balanced cable 47 seconds ago
- › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions 52 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 1 minute ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 6 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)