- 6,020 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 419post #6271 of 671512/9/13 at 8:52pmJust like any electronic rechargeable device.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6272 of 671512/10/13 at 3:23pmpost #6273 of 671512/10/13 at 5:01pmThere is no FW for the E17 as it is not upgradable.
If there is no LOD cable for your nano and if what you are doing provides enough source level, then that is good as you can always turn the nano up to get more. If there is a LOD then you don't even have to use the nano's volume control at all since it's output will be at line out level through that cable.post #6274 of 671512/10/13 at 9:23pm
i think my headphone jack/amplifier on the E17 is defective. After many months of experience, i notice that my fiio e17 is very susceptible to interference from smartphones, home phones, and monitors.
When they are near them, they make a weird noise that is not a tick or a click. However, when i move the e17 away from them (like 10 inchs or more), the chance of it happening decreases alot. The funny thing is that it only happens when i'm using the headphone jack and not when using line out.
any1 have insights on this issue? I might consider putting it in a anti-static bag to see if it will fixes this.
Edited by imeem - 12/10/13 at 9:24pmpost #6275 of 671512/11/13 at 12:26am
I've had the E17 for a couple weeks now. Pretty happy with it thou i hear it sounds a bit better using optical in, so im getting a USB to SPD/IF device.
One thing that ive noticed is that generating a full digital range sine wave into it leads to some distortion. At first i though there was gain somewhere that was causing digital clipping. Ive tried WASAPI, ASIO and DS and its the same, there is distortion as soon as you get to within 0.2db of full digital range. Then I noticed this distortion was different in left or right channels. Am I correct in saying this distortion is coming from the dac output working near its maximum range? Is this normal?
Thanks for your time,
Neugpost #6276 of 671512/11/13 at 12:57ampost #6277 of 671512/13/13 at 4:37pmpost #6278 of 671512/17/13 at 1:11pm
have a problem with mine...
left the USB charge option on "off" ..battery drained and now when I try to turn it on the screen appears for a second and turns off...It wont charge via USB because the option is "off"...
tried resetting but nothing...
any idea?post #6279 of 671512/17/13 at 1:33pmpost #6280 of 671512/17/13 at 1:37pm
so actually seeing the main screen for a millisecond means that its not fully dead?
waiting is my only option I guess...
Thank you.post #6281 of 671512/17/13 at 1:39pmpost #6282 of 671512/17/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
trying turning it on while holding the reset does nothing....
leaving it plugged won't help because its on usb charge "off"...
guess will wait for the battery to die completely.post #6283 of 671512/18/13 at 1:58am
left a ticket and a prompt response suggested the same thing...when the battery dies completely the device will start charging, no matter if you leave the USB charge option "on" or "off"...
button is red :)post #6284 of 671512/18/13 at 3:36ampost #6285 of 671512/18/13 at 6:02am
Yup, still alive, does its job perfectly......
(although screen is going darker and darker, and now can be barely seen under daylight)
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend a USB desktop mic on par with Yeti/Seiren that's much... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › (WTB) BEYERDYNAMIC DT860 10 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 14 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...