I think you might be right, I've also got windows on the mac and it seems to be working ok on windows.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 417post #6241 of 661711/10/13 at 2:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6242 of 661711/10/13 at 12:03pm
I think it's working as it's supposed to now but I'm not 100% sure. Using the E17 most music genres seem to sound noticeably better than my laptop integrated sound but some rock music with electric guitarists purposely using distortion are almost not listenable, i.e. the E17 seems to make the electric guitar distortions more noticeable than before to the point where it's not as enjoyable. This is my first amp/DAC so I don't have any point of reference. Is this normal or does it sound like there's a fault with my unit?post #6243 of 661711/10/13 at 12:15pmpost #6244 of 661711/10/13 at 11:05pm
Hey guys, I own an E17 which I used with a pair of HD 598s. I'm currently away from my home for few months and have been using a laptop (instead of my normal desktop setup) with these. However, since I started using the setup with the laptop, I've noticed if I leave the amp plugged in via usb for any lengthy amount of time idle, there will be an incredible amount of static (sometimes to the point of being unbearable/total audio distortion) being outputted by the headphones regardless of what the audio type is. I'm using the same setup digitally as well (Foobar configuration/playback devices) I know it's not the headphones, as the static will go away if I unplug/replug the amp. I also know it's not the cord, as I've tested it with a spare. In addition, I've tested another USB port, and the problem still persists.
As a note, when audio is being played, the static never comes, it's just when it's idling. The Fiio will also tend to flash "lock" when it happens. I've only had the amp/headphones since February, but have used them heavily since then.
Edited by V00DEW - 11/10/13 at 11:07pmpost #6245 of 661711/10/13 at 11:29pmpost #6246 of 661711/10/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Actually, I totally didn't even think of that. Doing this wont cause any major changes that I'll have to reconfigure though, correct?post #6247 of 661711/11/13 at 2:24ampost #6248 of 661711/11/13 at 6:16ampost #6249 of 661711/12/13 at 2:50pm
My E17 suddenly stopped working through optical, on any sample rate! This happened after switching from home theater (also optic) back to E17. It was working before that When I connect it, the display doesn't flash like usually, and headphones just start producing crackling noise. No other sounds. This happened to me when I was trying higher sample rates on PS3, but never on PC. USB works fine. Connections should be snug too. Nothing changed after system restart too.
Is it broken?post #6250 of 661711/12/13 at 3:07pmpost #6251 of 661711/12/13 at 3:24pmpost #6252 of 661711/13/13 at 7:52pmQuote:
Would you mind posting a link for it? (Monoprice has a nice short thin optical cable for a few bucks)post #6253 of 661711/13/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Sorry, I thought mine came from Monoprice but it was actually B&H Photo Video.
or Full Compass
Nice thin little cable comes with standard ends if you need to plug it into a 3.5 mm TRS jack then pick up an adapter or two as well.
Sweetwaterpost #6254 of 661711/19/13 at 5:52pm
i just notice that if i pick 16 bit and 44.1 khz, 16 bit and 48 khz, 24 bit and 44.1 khz, and 24 bit and 48 khz my fiio E17 would says 48 k and 16 bit.
For 16 bit and 96 khz, it would say 96 khz and 24 bit.
Is my e17 broken or is it just a display bug?
Edited by imeem - 11/19/13 at 6:03pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HD 600's unamped sound no different then amped? 15 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 56 seconds ago
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › The all-purpose ultracapacitor-powered Vinnie Rossi LIO 3 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › How to try almost all products that great reviews and/or specs. 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3