I think you might be right, I've also got windows on the mac and it seems to be working ok on windows.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 417post #6241 of 665611/10/13 at 2:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6242 of 665611/10/13 at 12:03pm
I think it's working as it's supposed to now but I'm not 100% sure. Using the E17 most music genres seem to sound noticeably better than my laptop integrated sound but some rock music with electric guitarists purposely using distortion are almost not listenable, i.e. the E17 seems to make the electric guitar distortions more noticeable than before to the point where it's not as enjoyable. This is my first amp/DAC so I don't have any point of reference. Is this normal or does it sound like there's a fault with my unit?post #6243 of 665611/10/13 at 12:15pmpost #6244 of 665611/10/13 at 11:05pm
Hey guys, I own an E17 which I used with a pair of HD 598s. I'm currently away from my home for few months and have been using a laptop (instead of my normal desktop setup) with these. However, since I started using the setup with the laptop, I've noticed if I leave the amp plugged in via usb for any lengthy amount of time idle, there will be an incredible amount of static (sometimes to the point of being unbearable/total audio distortion) being outputted by the headphones regardless of what the audio type is. I'm using the same setup digitally as well (Foobar configuration/playback devices) I know it's not the headphones, as the static will go away if I unplug/replug the amp. I also know it's not the cord, as I've tested it with a spare. In addition, I've tested another USB port, and the problem still persists.
As a note, when audio is being played, the static never comes, it's just when it's idling. The Fiio will also tend to flash "lock" when it happens. I've only had the amp/headphones since February, but have used them heavily since then.
Edited by V00DEW - 11/10/13 at 11:07pmpost #6245 of 665611/10/13 at 11:29pmpost #6246 of 665611/10/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Actually, I totally didn't even think of that. Doing this wont cause any major changes that I'll have to reconfigure though, correct?post #6247 of 665611/11/13 at 2:24ampost #6248 of 665611/11/13 at 6:16ampost #6249 of 665611/12/13 at 2:50pm
My E17 suddenly stopped working through optical, on any sample rate! This happened after switching from home theater (also optic) back to E17. It was working before that When I connect it, the display doesn't flash like usually, and headphones just start producing crackling noise. No other sounds. This happened to me when I was trying higher sample rates on PS3, but never on PC. USB works fine. Connections should be snug too. Nothing changed after system restart too.
Is it broken?post #6250 of 665611/12/13 at 3:07pmpost #6251 of 665611/12/13 at 3:24pmpost #6252 of 665611/13/13 at 7:52pmQuote:
Would you mind posting a link for it? (Monoprice has a nice short thin optical cable for a few bucks)post #6253 of 665611/13/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Sorry, I thought mine came from Monoprice but it was actually B&H Photo Video.
or Full Compass
Nice thin little cable comes with standard ends if you need to plug it into a 3.5 mm TRS jack then pick up an adapter or two as well.
Sweetwaterpost #6254 of 665611/19/13 at 5:52pm
i just notice that if i pick 16 bit and 44.1 khz, 16 bit and 48 khz, 24 bit and 44.1 khz, and 24 bit and 48 khz my fiio E17 would says 48 k and 16 bit.
For 16 bit and 96 khz, it would say 96 khz and 24 bit.
Is my e17 broken or is it just a display bug?
Edited by imeem - 11/19/13 at 6:03pm
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 40 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 47 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 57 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › The New Huawei Honor 6 Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2