Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 416post #6226 of 658211/4/13 at 7:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6227 of 658211/4/13 at 10:07pmpost #6228 of 658211/5/13 at 4:17amQuote:Only that it will give you 24/192 resolution, I personally couldn't hear any difference between optical and USB but that's just me.
Monoprice has a nice short thin optical cable for a few bucks if you want to pick one up.post #6229 of 658211/6/13 at 10:55pmpost #6230 of 658211/7/13 at 12:09ampost #6231 of 658211/7/13 at 6:44amQuote:
Careful here because apparently the Nexus 4 is a little bit picky. You might need a custom kernel even with the E18 (this is just especulation). Flav106 got the E17 working through USB Audio Recorder Pro (not the ideal solution though):
You might wanna wait till there is more information available with the E18.
EDIT: More info:
Edited by Ashade - 11/7/13 at 6:49ampost #6232 of 658211/7/13 at 7:15ampost #6233 of 658211/7/13 at 7:40amQuote:
Initially the E18 draws negligible power. You might want to keep an eye on it better than E17.post #6234 of 658211/7/13 at 3:35pm
So I have an E17/E9 setup right now. I have the LO bypass ticked up (so away from the words) and have been using the EQ settings on the E17 with the E9. I was wondering how I should tweak the volume overall cuz I have the overall macbook volume (which get's placed at max when the USB cable is in), the media player volume, the E17 volume, and the E9 volume. How should I setup all of this?post #6235 of 658211/7/13 at 4:09pmpost #6236 of 658211/7/13 at 4:27pmQuote:
So it's better to use bypass mode?post #6237 of 658211/7/13 at 5:48pmIt's all a matter of personal choice, I usually like a flat EQ and just having to adjust the E09K's volume control.
When using the E17 as a portable I like a bass +4 with my Ultrasone's for a little more thump.
With the E17 in bypass mode I don't have to change anything when I dock it after portable use. it gives me line out level with no EQ which is what I like for the DT880's.
Check it out and see what you like the best.post #6238 of 658211/9/13 at 6:03am
I just received an E17 I ordered. Hooked it up to the usb of my macbook pro for listening to my Fidelio X1 and it's unlistenable, there's a lot of distortion. Is there some settings I need to change or is there a burn in period?
Edited by PTom - 11/9/13 at 6:15ampost #6239 of 658211/9/13 at 10:15amQuote:
There shouldn't be any distortion. I use a PC, so I can't help you with your problem specifically, but I did have issues with my E17 if I left "USB Charge" ON while listening to it. I would get distortion every 10 to 15 minutes and had to reset either my web browser, media or game and reboot my E17 to get the sound back for another 10-15 minutes. Once I turned "USB Charge" OFF, the distortion problem went away.
Now I just charge overnight when the battery gets low.
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Inspire IHA-1 tube headphone amp 47 seconds ago
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 3 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 - Great Condition 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)