Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 383

post #5731 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

So with my Q701 the +6db gain seems to work better, but for my T50rp, the +12db gain sounds better. Even after adjusting the volume to compensate. Interesting I must say...

The Q701 also sounds better with a +2db bass boost, and the T50rp sounds better with the bass at 0 with a +2db treble boost. 

I love how versatile this little amp is.

Interesting.
If I adjust volume to compensate for gain, I really can't hear the difference between various gains on the E17.
But it IS a nice amp.
post #5732 of 6551

I bought one E17 and one E09K last Sunday and I can't manage to charge the E17.

 

Either using USB charger or E09K dock, the red light around the power button only stay flashing.

 

When connected with the USB charger or the E09K dock it works great, but if I disconnect it from the power source it turns off.

 

I tried the reset button and the menu "Default Set" and the problem continues.

 

Is there a procedure os test to try before exchange the amplifier?

 

Thanks in advance!

post #5733 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpp View Post

I bought one E17 and one E09K last Sunday and I can't manage to charge the E17.

 

Either using USB charger or E09K dock, the red light around the power button only stay flashing.

 

When connected with the USB charger or the E09K dock it works great, but if I disconnect it from the power source it turns off.

 

I tried the reset button and the menu "Default Set" and the problem continues.

 

Is there a procedure os test to try before exchange the amplifier?

 

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a wall USB charger? Like an iPhone or iPad one?

 

Go to an outlet that is secure and has nothing besides plugged in. Plug in the wall charger and plug the E17 into it with the USB cable.

 

Try that.

post #5734 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Do you have a wall USB charger? Like an iPhone or iPad one?

 

Go to an outlet that is secure and has nothing besides plugged in. Plug in the wall charger and plug the E17 into it with the USB cable.

 

Try that.


Thank you for the answer.

 

I already tried with a iPhone charger, a Galaxy S3 charger, a charger bougth together with the E17 in the BH Photo Video store. And tried in diferent outlets. Unfortunatelly it does not work.

post #5735 of 6551
And the red light keeps flashing?

Are you able to easily return it? If so. Please do. As in you just bought it
post #5736 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And the red light keeps flashing?

Are you able to easily return it? If so. Please do. As in you just bought it

Yes, the red light keeps flashing.

 

It will not be easy to return it. I am in Brazil and the BH Photo Video (where I bought it) only cover shipping costs inside USA. I arrived from New York yesterday.

 

The problem is not only the shipping costs, but the customs fees and the time without the amplifier... really bad!

post #5737 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpp View Post

Yes, the red light keeps flashing.

 

It will not be easy to return it. I am in Brazil and the BH Photo Video (where I bought it) only cover shipping costs inside USA. I arrived from New York yesterday.

 

The problem is not only the shipping costs, but the customs fees and the time without the amplifier... really bad!

 

Welcome to the wonderful world of RMA's... I fired an Audioengine D1 back to B&H for credit, I had to pay for the shipping back and it took 3 weeks, but that was just after Christmas though.

 

Have you tried the RESET hole on the top of the unit? Push it with a pin, Try it powered up, powered off & just on a charger etc... Just a thought that it might reset the charging unit as well.

 

The hold button is not switched down is it?

 

My power light is solid red when charging and off...

 

Contact FiiO support for any suggestions they might have as well.

Good luck!

post #5738 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

 

Welcome to the wonderful world of RMA's... I fired an Audioengine D1 back to B&H for credit, I had to pay for the shipping back and it took 3 weeks, but that was just after Christmas though.

 

Have you tried the RESET hole on the top of the unit? Push it with a pin, Try it powered up, powered off & just on a charger etc... Just a thought that it might reset the charging unit as well.

 

The hold button is not switched down is it?

 

My power light is solid red when charging and off...

 

Contact FiiO support for any suggestions they might have as well.

Good luck!

 

Yes, unfortunately I am in the RMA world now.

 

I tried every kind of Reset and it do not work.

 

I contacted the FiiO support and the answer was to procced with the exchange. And they ask me to inform the BH Photo Video to cover the freight, according with the FiiO's after-sale policy.

 

Until now, both BH and FiiO are very kind and it seems that I will not have any problem with the exchange, except the time without the amplifier.

 

Thank you all!

post #5739 of 6551

Hey guys, recently got myself an e17, whenever i try to set the audio format to 96KHz/24bit i get a BSOD. Has anyone else had this issue? and how should i go about fixing it?

post #5740 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpp View Post

 

Yes, unfortunately I am in the RMA world now.

 

I tried every kind of Reset and it do not work.

 

I contacted the FiiO support and the answer was to procced with the exchange. And they ask me to inform the BH Photo Video to cover the freight, according with the FiiO's after-sale policy.

 

Until now, both BH and FiiO are very kind and it seems that I will not have any problem with the exchange, except the time without the amplifier.

 

Thank you all!

Hopefully BH do cover the freight

 

Wish you best of luck

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroy View Post

Hey guys, recently got myself an e17, whenever i try to set the audio format to 96KHz/24bit i get a BSOD. Has anyone else had this issue? and how should i go about fixing it?

1: Does the device work as 'usual' on 44.1 etc?

2. What music player are you using? Foobar/MediaMonkey/iTunes?

 

A BSOD is caused most likely from your computers Chipset Southbridge or Audio Chipset. If it's USB, it may be the southbride, if it's S/PDIF, it could be the audio one. 

 

If you know how, you can update drivers.

post #5741 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Hopefully BH do cover the freight

Wish you best of luck


1: Does the device work as 'usual' on 44.1 etc?
2. What music player are you using? Foobar/MediaMonkey/iTunes?

A BSOD is caused most likely from your computers Chipset Southbridge or Audio Chipset. If it's USB, it may be the southbride, if it's S/PDIF, it could be the audio one. 

If you know how, you can update drivers.

Man, you are just a bag of FiiO knowledge!
If you don't know it, it probably isn't worth knowing!
post #5742 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


Man, you are just a bag of FiiO knowledge!
If you don't know it, it probably isn't worth knowing!

It just accumulated?

 

I answer questions in the regular forums sometimes(used to be alot) and unsurprisingly, the majoity of questions were on FiiO.

 

I don't actually know all that much about FiiO deep tech everything. I don't remember what all the light symbol flashings mean, where stuff is located etc etc.

 

Most questions are really just general so its not too bad?

post #5743 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It just accumulated?

 

I answer questions in the regular forums sometimes(used to be alot) and unsurprisingly, the majoity of questions were on FiiO.

 

I don't actually know all that much about FiiO deep tech everything. I don't remember what all the light symbol flashings mean, where stuff is located etc etc.

 

Most questions are really just general so its not too bad?

 

You don't know where stuff is located?

I have an E17, can you tell me where the volume control is?  wink_face.gif

post #5744 of 6551
Panda-sama is secret FiiO agent man. Fighting the good fight! biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #5745 of 6551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Panda-sama is secret FiiO agent man. Fighting the good fight! biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Obviously!

This is why he is 006!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought