Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 381

post #5701 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandala View Post


Yeah, I'm fairly familiar with the process, I've been an Mac OS user since OS9, but after dragging it into the trash and emptying the trash it's still on my HD.

Yeah uninstalling programs from OS X isn't nearly as streamlined as Windows still. Perhaps try AppZapper or a similar uninstaller program and see if it'll remove the extra leftover files for you. There's a bunch of free ones out there if you'd rather not pay for AppZapper.

post #5702 of 6548

I just got the e17 not long ago.  Im listening with hd600 headphones on a marantz cd5001 cd player with the fiio e17 connected via a optical cable.  I've been listening for a few hours and I don't really hear the difference between the fiio and the marantz cd player.   I've been constantly switching back and forth from the marantz's headphone and the fiio to test out the sonic differences but I can't hardly make out any...   

post #5703 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwage View Post

Depends on what you're coming from? Are you using any type of DAC or amp right now? If you'd like to use the E17 just for the DAC feature you'll need to get the FiiO L7 which plugs into the dock port and has a micro-USB port and line out on the other side.

I'm just getting UE IERM, and its coming on the 25th. And I have schiit modi/magni. And an E7 for portable.

post #5704 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandala View Post


Yeah, I'm fairly familiar with the process, I've been an Mac OS user since OS9, but after dragging it into the trash and emptying the trash it's still on my HD.

Sorry didn't mean to offend, just hard to gauge ones skill level from a forum post.

 

There is a kext involved, manually delete 'Soundflower.kext' from /System/Library/Extensions by following these instructions here,

or just install it again and run the Uninstall script provided.

beerchug.gif

post #5705 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

What do you guys think about E17 with UE IERM? Also, do you need a separate dock for E17 if I want to use it just as a DAC?

I have an E17 and an iBasso D12.

The iBasso D12 is quieter with my Shure SE-210 IEMs.
The E17 has a faint bzzzzzzzz.
post #5706 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


I have an E17 and an iBasso D12.

The iBasso D12 is quieter with my Shure SE-210 IEMs.
The E17 has a faint bzzzzzzzz.

Well, D12 cost twice as much! Is the faint bzzz or hissing bad?

post #5707 of 6548

I have an E17 but no buzz.  Maybe something wrong?  

 

On a tangential note, I noticed that the E7 was immune to iPhone RF noise but the E17 does pick some up.  Arrow too.  

post #5708 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post

I have an E17 but no buzz.  Maybe something wrong?  

 

On a tangential note, I noticed that the E7 was immune to iPhone RF noise but the E17 does pick some up.  Arrow too.  

Yeah, i've read reviews saying that E17 is excellent at blocking EMI and have very low hissing. But just wanted to check.

post #5709 of 6548

I've never heard any hissing or EMI (from my CDMA iPhone 4) on my E17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Yeah, i've read reviews saying that E17 is excellent at blocking EMI and have very low hissing. But just wanted to check.

post #5710 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

I've never heard any hissing or EMI (from my CDMA iPhone 4) on my E17.

that's good to know. maybe i'll pull the trigger on it soon. E7 doesn't cut it for me.

post #5711 of 6548
I had minute but noticeable EMI from the E17 when receiving calls while my GSM (att)iPhone 4S was attached
post #5712 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Well, D12 cost twice as much! Is the faint bzzz or hissing bad?

 

Yeah, the D12 is approx. $285, so I would expect better out of the D12!

 

I can only hear a very faint bzzzzz when I use the Shure SE210, other than that, I never hear it with any other 'phones.

I can hear the bzzzzz without a source plugged in.

post #5713 of 6548

Never had any issues with hissing with my E17 using my Sennheiser CX 500 IEMs or my HD 555's and HD 280 Pros.

post #5714 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwage View Post

Never had any issues with hissing with my E17 using my Sennheiser CX 500 IEMs or my HD 555's and HD 280 Pros.

how does it power HD 555? Is E17 powerful?

post #5715 of 6548
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwage View Post

Never had any issues with hissing with my E17 using my Sennheiser CX 500 IEMs or my HD 555's and HD 280 Pros.

how does it power HD 555? Is E17 powerful?

 

I don't know if I'd call it powerful but it has more than enough to power to move them at great volumes. You do get a lot more sound and volume when using as a DAC vs just an amp with the aux input. SPDIF input can really make the e17 sing!

 

 

Thanks

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought