Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 379

post #5671 of 6504

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah that really helps. Will definitely look to get one now!

post #5672 of 6504

Just in case someone came here looking for an answer to this question, yes the e17 does work with ubuntu/linux mint.  It does not show up as a usb device on the desktop, you have to go into sound setting and change the sound card, it will show up there.
 

post #5673 of 6504

sorry, the last post should have been about Ubuntu and the e17.
 

post #5674 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam2211 View Post

How does this compare to the E07K?

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, y'all (since I don't own a E07K), but another thing the E17 has is the "EQ section" - bass and treble controls, and a few more features in the menu. My impression has been the 07 has on/off, bass on/off perhaps, but that's about it. 

 

I love the E17 - it's really great, versatile, and an excellent value.

post #5675 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by solserenade View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, y'all (since I don't own a E07K), but another thing the E17 has is the "EQ section" - bass and treble controls, and a few more features in the menu. My impression has been the 07 has on/off, bass on/off perhaps, but that's about it. 

I love the E17 - it's really great, versatile, and an excellent value.
The ANDES also features the EQ options.

What the E17 can do the E07K can also do. All except S/PDIF input in terms of features.

However they are not the same.
post #5676 of 6504

I stand corrected .. thanks - I confused it with the most basic (very small) one ... cannot remember the numbers.

post #5677 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by solserenade View Post

I stand corrected .. thanks - I confused it with the most basic (very small) one ... cannot remember the numbers.
E7 biggrin.gif

I mistyped them sometimes as well.
post #5678 of 6504

Where to download dirver for E17..I am not able to find one in Fiio site.

post #5679 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

Where to download dirver for E17..I am not able to find one in Fiio site.
It's not a driver. It's an ASIO update or something
post #5680 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

Where to download dirver for E17..I am not able to find one in Fiio site.
It's not a driver. It's an ASIO update or something

 

Thanks bowei, I was able to install and run successfully

post #5681 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

Thanks Panda, I was able to install and run successfully
wink.gif

Sure thing. I was on mobile so I wasn't able to really link you to the page. Sorry, but glad you found it.
post #5682 of 6504

Just received my E17 today, and even plugged into my relatively low range Audio-Technica ATH-T400 heaphones playing lossy mp3's the upgrade over my laptop audio was awesome. :)

Also as I'd hoped the E17 doesn't have issues chopping off the front of sounds like the ASUS XONAR U3 does.

post #5683 of 6504

Just got mine today as well. Love this thing! Had an issue with the clicking sound at first but I've worked around that and I knew about it before I bought it. All in all a great little DAC/amp, although my little pouch also smelled like gasoline as others have mentioned. Yuck.

post #5684 of 6504

I just smelled my pouch... :P

Don't smell gasoline on mine.

post #5685 of 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post

I just smelled my pouch... :P

Don't smell gasoline on mine.

Perhaps it was certain shipments of the E17 that were affected. I bought mine from SonicElectronix.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought