Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 332

post #4966 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma1 View Post


Ha ha....have you tried turning it off and on again?
I was wanting a tad more of an in depth answer but may be I should've told you what I have tried first ;-D
I figured it in the end, needed to set up a new audio device.
LET THERE BE SOUND!

Yes you may need to set as default playback device on OSX or something.

 

You need the adapter the E17 comes with and an optical cable.

post #4967 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yes you may need to set as default playback device on OSX or something.

You need the adapter the E17 comes with and an optical cable.

Yeah I nicked the optical off my Audinst. I was impressed with the PSB's through the E17 on USB, I am now more impressed with the set up using optical. Can't wait for time off over Xmas for some serious listening sessions!
post #4968 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

our new official website just launch , you can find lots of detail specification of our products, I can say that we may the only brand who release so many detail about the products, any advice please send to twitter@fiio.com.cn so we can keep improving the website in the future.

 

BTW, all the specification is done by AP and there may have some different with other RMAA result because the test condition is different. so just for reference and we will try to do best. hope it can help you. and thank for the hard work of our colleagues. they just done a great

 

jobs. and we will try to become a brand/company who not only provide the best products but also the best service, and I am very proud that we have more than 9,000 fans on facebook page www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO. :) lol, if anything we can do and not beyond our ability,

 

we will not hesitate to do to satisfy our customers.

 

Wierd.

Some numbers don't make sense, for example:

 

E10 power rating is 150mW into 32 Ohms,  but this doesn't agree with the 40 mA maximum output current.

40 mA = 50 mW @ 32 Ohms

 

Going by some of the other numbers, the main reason to buy an E17 is for the features, power rating of E17 is very similar to E11 and E07K.    I'm just sayin'.

BTW, looks like I can drive my DT880 600 Ohms with an E09K.  very cool!biggrin.gif

post #4969 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

Wierd.
Some numbers don't make sense, for example:

E10 power rating is 150mW into 32 Ohms,  but this doesn't agree with the 40 mA maximum output current.
40 mA = 50 mW @ 32 Ohms

Going by some of the other numbers, the main reason to buy an E17 is for the features, power rating of E17 is very similar to E11 and E07K.    I'm just sayin'.
BTW, looks like I can drive my DT880 600 Ohms with an E09K.  very cool!biggrin.gif
Power rating of amps doesn't determine everything AFAIK.
But if any case, that's what the E09K is for xP high impedance cans.
post #4970 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Power rating of amps doesn't determine everything AFAIK.
But if any case, that's what the E09K is for xP high impedance cans.

You could argue that the E09k was also designed for current hungry low impedance 'phones or low efficiency 'phones in general.
post #4971 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

You could argue that the E09k was also designed for current hungry low impedance 'phones or low efficiency 'phones in general.
But I won't because you're also right. cool.gif
post #4972 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

But I won't because you're also right. cool.gif

Maybe yes, maybe no, but Currawong is watching!
post #4973 of 6546

You say something about Currawong? He is watching you right now.

post #4974 of 6546

What is the whole currawong thing?

post #4975 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

What is the whole currawong thing?

We are TMAC. Themed Monthly Avatar Comittee. We formulate a group avatar each month. This month it is Currawong December. A currawong is a bird by the way. Next month is Jude January where we will shop Jude onto posters

sample:

http://www.head-fi.org/image/id/3619716/width/900/height/900/flags/LL

 

Anyway, we are off topic.

post #4976 of 6546

Up to how many ohms headphones can it drive? It is enough for Q701?

post #4977 of 6546
Yeah get back on track! :-D

So E17 or E07K?

Discuss.......
post #4978 of 6546

Schiit Mangi+Modi. 

post #4979 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

Up to how many ohms headphones can it drive? It is enough for Q701?
It depends on each person. I needed near full power at 12dB gain and 30+ volume while others could do 6dB gain at 20 volume

If you listen loud, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma1 View Post

Yeah get back on track! :-D
So E17 or E07K?
Discuss.......

E07K uses Max amp, same DAC, and usb reveiver(i believe). It has about the same power(current and voltage and W) output as the E17. It also features dual simualtaneous headphone out sockets that E17 not have. It has new trs sockets
post #4980 of 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


It depends on each person. I needed near full power at 12dB gain and 30+ volume while others could do 6dB gain at 20 volume
If you listen loud, maybe not.
 

What is gain? and does it bring good sound quality out of Q701?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought