- 16,397 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 10/10/16 at 1:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 320post #4786 of 673011/12/12 at 9:56amThanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 673011/12/12 at 11:10ampost #4788 of 673011/12/12 at 11:20ampost #4789 of 673011/12/12 at 11:35ampost #4790 of 673011/12/12 at 11:39ampost #4791 of 673011/12/12 at 4:26pm
Who says that it doesn't pair well? It's a neutral amp when no EQ settings are changed, and bass can be added or subtracted as well as treble. It should be a very versatile amp.post #4792 of 673011/12/12 at 11:58pmpost #4793 of 673011/13/12 at 12:09am
Some have said it makes them even brighter, some have said its darker sounding - can't get a straight consensus on it. I'm sure the only solution would be to try it myself but I'd rather just pay less and go with the cmoyBB than audition something more expensive, but the E17 does seem a great value in itself.post #4794 of 673011/13/12 at 12:12ampost #4795 of 673011/13/12 at 12:16ampost #4796 of 673011/13/12 at 12:21amNot fully, but the E17 is versatile enough to lessen the impact on headphones it wouldnt pair up with perfectly with the EQ adjusments. It's not a perfect fix, but it's very helpful.post #4797 of 673011/13/12 at 12:56ampost #4798 of 673011/13/12 at 6:24am
so is this thing considerably better than an E10 to justify its price, or should a newbie like me just go for an E10?
mainly plan to use it with my laptop, so do i even need a dac/amp combo, or can i just get an amp?post #4799 of 673011/13/12 at 6:51am
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 53 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Having problems installing VST Wrapper in foobar2000 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5P First Generation 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear