- 14,220 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 320post #4786 of 657211/12/12 at 9:56amThanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 657211/12/12 at 11:10ampost #4788 of 657211/12/12 at 11:20ampost #4789 of 657211/12/12 at 11:35ampost #4790 of 657211/12/12 at 11:39ampost #4791 of 657211/12/12 at 4:26pm
Who says that it doesn't pair well? It's a neutral amp when no EQ settings are changed, and bass can be added or subtracted as well as treble. It should be a very versatile amp.post #4792 of 657211/12/12 at 11:58pmpost #4793 of 657211/13/12 at 12:09am
Some have said it makes them even brighter, some have said its darker sounding - can't get a straight consensus on it. I'm sure the only solution would be to try it myself but I'd rather just pay less and go with the cmoyBB than audition something more expensive, but the E17 does seem a great value in itself.post #4794 of 657211/13/12 at 12:12ampost #4795 of 657211/13/12 at 12:16ampost #4796 of 657211/13/12 at 12:21amNot fully, but the E17 is versatile enough to lessen the impact on headphones it wouldnt pair up with perfectly with the EQ adjusments. It's not a perfect fix, but it's very helpful.post #4797 of 657211/13/12 at 12:56ampost #4798 of 657211/13/12 at 6:24am
so is this thing considerably better than an E10 to justify its price, or should a newbie like me just go for an E10?
mainly plan to use it with my laptop, so do i even need a dac/amp combo, or can i just get an amp?post #4799 of 657211/13/12 at 6:51am
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 11 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Schiit MJOLNIR 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)