- 15,442 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 320post #4786 of 665611/12/12 at 9:56amThanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 665611/12/12 at 11:10ampost #4788 of 665611/12/12 at 11:20ampost #4789 of 665611/12/12 at 11:35ampost #4790 of 665611/12/12 at 11:39ampost #4791 of 665611/12/12 at 4:26pm
Who says that it doesn't pair well? It's a neutral amp when no EQ settings are changed, and bass can be added or subtracted as well as treble. It should be a very versatile amp.post #4792 of 665611/12/12 at 11:58pmpost #4793 of 665611/13/12 at 12:09am
Some have said it makes them even brighter, some have said its darker sounding - can't get a straight consensus on it. I'm sure the only solution would be to try it myself but I'd rather just pay less and go with the cmoyBB than audition something more expensive, but the E17 does seem a great value in itself.post #4794 of 665611/13/12 at 12:12ampost #4795 of 665611/13/12 at 12:16ampost #4796 of 665611/13/12 at 12:21amNot fully, but the E17 is versatile enough to lessen the impact on headphones it wouldnt pair up with perfectly with the EQ adjusments. It's not a perfect fix, but it's very helpful.post #4797 of 665611/13/12 at 12:56ampost #4798 of 665611/13/12 at 6:24am
so is this thing considerably better than an E10 to justify its price, or should a newbie like me just go for an E10?
mainly plan to use it with my laptop, so do i even need a dac/amp combo, or can i just get an amp?post #4799 of 665611/13/12 at 6:51am
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 48 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 9 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 9 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2