- 16,227 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 320post #4786 of 670711/12/12 at 9:56amThanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4787 of 670711/12/12 at 11:10ampost #4788 of 670711/12/12 at 11:20ampost #4789 of 670711/12/12 at 11:35ampost #4790 of 670711/12/12 at 11:39ampost #4791 of 670711/12/12 at 4:26pm
Who says that it doesn't pair well? It's a neutral amp when no EQ settings are changed, and bass can be added or subtracted as well as treble. It should be a very versatile amp.post #4792 of 670711/12/12 at 11:58pmpost #4793 of 670711/13/12 at 12:09am
Some have said it makes them even brighter, some have said its darker sounding - can't get a straight consensus on it. I'm sure the only solution would be to try it myself but I'd rather just pay less and go with the cmoyBB than audition something more expensive, but the E17 does seem a great value in itself.post #4794 of 670711/13/12 at 12:12ampost #4795 of 670711/13/12 at 12:16ampost #4796 of 670711/13/12 at 12:21amNot fully, but the E17 is versatile enough to lessen the impact on headphones it wouldnt pair up with perfectly with the EQ adjusments. It's not a perfect fix, but it's very helpful.post #4797 of 670711/13/12 at 12:56ampost #4798 of 670711/13/12 at 6:24am
so is this thing considerably better than an E10 to justify its price, or should a newbie like me just go for an E10?
mainly plan to use it with my laptop, so do i even need a dac/amp combo, or can i just get an amp?post #4799 of 670711/13/12 at 6:51am
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 20 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 5 minutes ago
- › LG V10 Smartphone vs Onkyo DP-X1 Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse