can i use fiio e17 with sansa clip zip ? can anyone explain me how to connect it... sorry for a poor english and such a newbie question
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Headphone Impedance
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 229
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I understand that for iPods, one can use the L3 or L9 cable to go from the iPod to the E17 (through the Auxiliary in).
What advantage does the L3/L9 have over simply using a male-to-male line from the headphone jack of the iPod to the E17?
Thanks for the posts guys. So people are enjoying the performance from this little guy?
I have a pair of Dennon ahd2000s and a pair of audio technica ATH-M50s. I am hoping to use this amp on the go with the M50s. First off I dont trust people with my Dennons and also they just look more expensive then my M50s even though the prices arnt that different (about 70$ when I purchased), I dont know probably all in my head, plus I feel the M50s will hold up better over all traveling. All personal pref I guess.
Any way I will probably be placing my pre-order in then for the Fiio e17 and hope for the best. Thanks for all of the info on recognized dealers I looked up a few reviews in google searching and tried to look around head fi for peoples experiences with accessoryjack but then I read some where that some Chinese companies forge fake review sites and reviews so I became rather worried and iffy about ordering from them. Thanks again every one. Will post my thoughts when I receive mine.
is there a way to use that e17 as a dac too ? cause it will be waste of money if i can only use the amp and not the DAC.
btw if i use e 17 with rocoo p, can i use the dac/amp feature ? cause i am consider to buy sansa clip zip or rocoo p, thx
iPods with L3 or L9 can bypass ipods non audiophile amp and internal eadphone jack corcuitry allowing for a very clean signal to go to only one external audiophile one(or more)
With a sansa clip, the E17 can not be used as a DAC. You can use it as an amp with your sansa which will dual amp. And you can then also use with your computer as a DAC.
It does not seem the rocoo can output a digital signal theough it"s USB port so I would half say no, that the Rocoo cant be used with the E17 so that the DAC will be used. You will dual amp there as well.
Not sure if this has been posted before, but could this be one of the way we can connect our iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) to FiiO E17?
Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter
This converter is powered by USB and since the E17 has internal battery, this could be a portable solution.
But as this has not been tested with E17 and I dont know about this specific device I do not make any promises and am just using my knowledge to formulate an answer. Because sometimes these devices have another cavet, dont do my conditions above, or are faulty. Again do at your risk and if it works then tell us
According to Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter product page, the converter design is based on TI's professional USB receiving chip TAS1020B and digital audio transmitter DIT4096. I do not have experience with these chips but a bit of Googling I found that Musical Fidelity V-Link USB-S/PDIF converter ($169) (Review: http://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-v-link-usb-spdif-converter-0) also using the same pair of chips. Of course there can be many different designs and implementation, but maybe this show that the Matrix USB-Coaxial converter meets certain expect of compatibility. I am not sure. Maybe like bowei006 said, we have to test it to be sure.
Uhmm, that's an understatement! The E17 with the DT880 pro's is a whole new world. I think my wallet will get a break now, I'm sure I'll be happy with this setup for a while. But... a nice little desktop tube amp for home... hmmmmnn?
Is anybody using the E17 as a dac between a computer and a Schiit Asgard? I've been having problems with noise/interference and it's driving me nuts.
My setup is computer/USB -> Fiio E17 with L7 LOD (lo bypass) -> Schiit Asgard -> HD650. I've tried unplugging my wireless mouse, changing USB ports, turning off wifi, etc, and the noise always remains.
When I plug the same setup into my Objective2 amp it is dead silent. When I plug my ipod/iphone directly as a source into the Asgard it is silent. Any ideas?
There is no way to use the E17 as a DAC with that Sansa. All is not lost, tho. From what I've heard the volume controls on the E17 is superior to that found on the Sansa, so music would sound better when played at volumes that are only adjusted by the E17.
Which is basically what an amp does.
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 8 seconds ago
- › What soundcard for 3d gaming through vmoda m100? 43 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D5000 with Martin Audio Coco Rosewood Extra Deep Cups +... 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonic ASG-2 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)