can i use fiio e17 with sansa clip zip ? can anyone explain me how to connect it... sorry for a poor english and such a newbie question
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 229
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3422 of 66445/15/12 at 8:57pmYour english is fine. The ClipZip would only connect to the E17 one way: 1/8" male-to-male from the ClipZip headphone jack to the E17 AUX jack. Of course, you would only be using the E17 as an amp, not a DAC.post #3423 of 66445/15/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
I understand that for iPods, one can use the L3 or L9 cable to go from the iPod to the E17 (through the Auxiliary in).
What advantage does the L3/L9 have over simply using a male-to-male line from the headphone jack of the iPod to the E17?post #3424 of 66445/15/12 at 9:21pm
Thanks for the posts guys. So people are enjoying the performance from this little guy?
I have a pair of Dennon ahd2000s and a pair of audio technica ATH-M50s. I am hoping to use this amp on the go with the M50s. First off I dont trust people with my Dennons and also they just look more expensive then my M50s even though the prices arnt that different (about 70$ when I purchased), I dont know probably all in my head, plus I feel the M50s will hold up better over all traveling. All personal pref I guess.
Any way I will probably be placing my pre-order in then for the Fiio e17 and hope for the best. Thanks for all of the info on recognized dealers I looked up a few reviews in google searching and tried to look around head fi for peoples experiences with accessoryjack but then I read some where that some Chinese companies forge fake review sites and reviews so I became rather worried and iffy about ordering from them. Thanks again every one. Will post my thoughts when I receive mine.post #3425 of 66445/15/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
is there a way to use that e17 as a dac too ? cause it will be waste of money if i can only use the amp and not the DAC.
btw if i use e 17 with rocoo p, can i use the dac/amp feature ? cause i am consider to buy sansa clip zip or rocoo p, thxpost #3426 of 66445/15/12 at 9:59pmpost #3427 of 66445/16/12 at 3:13am@darkblade
iPods with L3 or L9 can bypass ipods non audiophile amp and internal eadphone jack corcuitry allowing for a very clean signal to go to only one external audiophile one(or more)
With a sansa clip, the E17 can not be used as a DAC. You can use it as an amp with your sansa which will dual amp. And you can then also use with your computer as a DAC.
It does not seem the rocoo can output a digital signal theough it"s USB port so I would half say no, that the Rocoo cant be used with the E17 so that the DAC will be used. You will dual amp there as well.post #3428 of 66445/16/12 at 3:55am
Not sure if this has been posted before, but could this be one of the way we can connect our iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) to FiiO E17?
Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter
This converter is powered by USB and since the E17 has internal battery, this could be a portable solution.post #3429 of 66445/16/12 at 4:03amIf the matrix outputs a digital coaxil signal that has the digital lpcm stream of the audio files(im not sure of exactly its specs so Im making it exact) then yes the E17 can be used like this. There is already a USB solution but this if my above confitions are followed will work as well unless the device is faulty.
But as this has not been tested with E17 and I dont know about this specific device I do not make any promises and am just using my knowledge to formulate an answer. Because sometimes these devices have another cavet, dont do my conditions above, or are faulty. Again do at your risk and if it works then tell uspost #3430 of 66445/16/12 at 4:21am
According to Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter product page, the converter design is based on TI's professional USB receiving chip TAS1020B and digital audio transmitter DIT4096. I do not have experience with these chips but a bit of Googling I found that Musical Fidelity V-Link USB-S/PDIF converter ($169) (Review: http://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-v-link-usb-spdif-converter-0) also using the same pair of chips. Of course there can be many different designs and implementation, but maybe this show that the Matrix USB-Coaxial converter meets certain expect of compatibility. I am not sure. Maybe like bowei006 said, we have to test it to be sure.post #3431 of 66445/16/12 at 5:23am
Uhmm, that's an understatement! The E17 with the DT880 pro's is a whole new world. I think my wallet will get a break now, I'm sure I'll be happy with this setup for a while. But... a nice little desktop tube amp for home... hmmmmnn?post #3432 of 66445/16/12 at 8:10ampost #3433 of 66445/16/12 at 8:42am
Is anybody using the E17 as a dac between a computer and a Schiit Asgard? I've been having problems with noise/interference and it's driving me nuts.
My setup is computer/USB -> Fiio E17 with L7 LOD (lo bypass) -> Schiit Asgard -> HD650. I've tried unplugging my wireless mouse, changing USB ports, turning off wifi, etc, and the noise always remains.
When I plug the same setup into my Objective2 amp it is dead silent. When I plug my ipod/iphone directly as a source into the Asgard it is silent. Any ideas?post #3434 of 66445/16/12 at 10:32pmQuote:
There is no way to use the E17 as a DAC with that Sansa. All is not lost, tho. From what I've heard the volume controls on the E17 is superior to that found on the Sansa, so music would sound better when played at volumes that are only adjusted by the E17.post #3435 of 66445/16/12 at 10:41pmQuote:
Which is basically what an amp does.
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › MASS-Kobo Headphone Amp. model404 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6SE amp + lots of tubes! 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 10 minutes ago
- › Need help buying new headphones 11 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2