can i use fiio e17 with sansa clip zip ? can anyone explain me how to connect it... sorry for a poor english and such a newbie question
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/12/13 at 4:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 7/30/13 at 11:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 229
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3422 of 63745/15/12 at 8:57pmYour english is fine. The ClipZip would only connect to the E17 one way: 1/8" male-to-male from the ClipZip headphone jack to the E17 AUX jack. Of course, you would only be using the E17 as an amp, not a DAC.post #3423 of 63745/15/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
I understand that for iPods, one can use the L3 or L9 cable to go from the iPod to the E17 (through the Auxiliary in).
What advantage does the L3/L9 have over simply using a male-to-male line from the headphone jack of the iPod to the E17?post #3424 of 63745/15/12 at 9:21pm
Thanks for the posts guys. So people are enjoying the performance from this little guy?
I have a pair of Dennon ahd2000s and a pair of audio technica ATH-M50s. I am hoping to use this amp on the go with the M50s. First off I dont trust people with my Dennons and also they just look more expensive then my M50s even though the prices arnt that different (about 70$ when I purchased), I dont know probably all in my head, plus I feel the M50s will hold up better over all traveling. All personal pref I guess.
Any way I will probably be placing my pre-order in then for the Fiio e17 and hope for the best. Thanks for all of the info on recognized dealers I looked up a few reviews in google searching and tried to look around head fi for peoples experiences with accessoryjack but then I read some where that some Chinese companies forge fake review sites and reviews so I became rather worried and iffy about ordering from them. Thanks again every one. Will post my thoughts when I receive mine.post #3425 of 63745/15/12 at 9:49pmQuote:
is there a way to use that e17 as a dac too ? cause it will be waste of money if i can only use the amp and not the DAC.
btw if i use e 17 with rocoo p, can i use the dac/amp feature ? cause i am consider to buy sansa clip zip or rocoo p, thxpost #3426 of 63745/15/12 at 9:59pmpost #3427 of 63745/16/12 at 3:13am@darkblade
iPods with L3 or L9 can bypass ipods non audiophile amp and internal eadphone jack corcuitry allowing for a very clean signal to go to only one external audiophile one(or more)
With a sansa clip, the E17 can not be used as a DAC. You can use it as an amp with your sansa which will dual amp. And you can then also use with your computer as a DAC.
It does not seem the rocoo can output a digital signal theough it"s USB port so I would half say no, that the Rocoo cant be used with the E17 so that the DAC will be used. You will dual amp there as well.post #3428 of 63745/16/12 at 3:55am
Not sure if this has been posted before, but could this be one of the way we can connect our iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) to FiiO E17?
Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter
This converter is powered by USB and since the E17 has internal battery, this could be a portable solution.post #3429 of 63745/16/12 at 4:03amIf the matrix outputs a digital coaxil signal that has the digital lpcm stream of the audio files(im not sure of exactly its specs so Im making it exact) then yes the E17 can be used like this. There is already a USB solution but this if my above confitions are followed will work as well unless the device is faulty.
But as this has not been tested with E17 and I dont know about this specific device I do not make any promises and am just using my knowledge to formulate an answer. Because sometimes these devices have another cavet, dont do my conditions above, or are faulty. Again do at your risk and if it works then tell uspost #3430 of 63745/16/12 at 4:21am
According to Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter product page, the converter design is based on TI's professional USB receiving chip TAS1020B and digital audio transmitter DIT4096. I do not have experience with these chips but a bit of Googling I found that Musical Fidelity V-Link USB-S/PDIF converter ($169) (Review: http://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-v-link-usb-spdif-converter-0) also using the same pair of chips. Of course there can be many different designs and implementation, but maybe this show that the Matrix USB-Coaxial converter meets certain expect of compatibility. I am not sure. Maybe like bowei006 said, we have to test it to be sure.post #3431 of 63745/16/12 at 5:23am
Uhmm, that's an understatement! The E17 with the DT880 pro's is a whole new world. I think my wallet will get a break now, I'm sure I'll be happy with this setup for a while. But... a nice little desktop tube amp for home... hmmmmnn?post #3432 of 63745/16/12 at 8:10ampost #3433 of 63745/16/12 at 8:42am
Is anybody using the E17 as a dac between a computer and a Schiit Asgard? I've been having problems with noise/interference and it's driving me nuts.
My setup is computer/USB -> Fiio E17 with L7 LOD (lo bypass) -> Schiit Asgard -> HD650. I've tried unplugging my wireless mouse, changing USB ports, turning off wifi, etc, and the noise always remains.
When I plug the same setup into my Objective2 amp it is dead silent. When I plug my ipod/iphone directly as a source into the Asgard it is silent. Any ideas?post #3434 of 63745/16/12 at 10:32pmQuote:
There is no way to use the E17 as a DAC with that Sansa. All is not lost, tho. From what I've heard the volume controls on the E17 is superior to that found on the Sansa, so music would sound better when played at volumes that are only adjusted by the E17.post #3435 of 63745/16/12 at 10:41pmQuote:
Which is basically what an amp does.
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Earsonics SM2 v2 for sale. 7 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Shortening the sony mdr-v6 cable? 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer audio Silver Bullet FS 25 EU, - Still in packaging. 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude