Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 128

post #1906 of 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrips View Post

Well, according to mp4nation's facebook post the second batch got pushed back to the end of March.... :mad:


 

fuuuuu.jpg

FiiO better have a good explanation for this. I've asked them on their facebook page

post #1907 of 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post



 

 

 

fuuuuu.jpg

FiiO better have a good explanation for this. I've asked them on their facebook page



Can you give me a facebook link , where is the post ?

post #1908 of 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by veracocha View Post

 

Can you give me a facebook link , where is the post ?


Didn't really ask about anything specific, but here it is

http://www.facebook.com/fiiophil/posts/330992513613789

 

post #1909 of 6558

...

post #1910 of 6558
post #1911 of 6558

How is it FiiO not mp4nation's problem... How much stock did they think they were going to get? So for months they still have not satisfied their preorders... What is going on

post #1912 of 6558
Their were long posts on this from sounddreamer and agentxxl a few pages back. Its nobodies fault. Fiio already moves more units than many other audiophile companies and the e17 is handmade. Fiio is a maker, not a seller they dont even have to come and provide us with updates as they arent a retailer we are buying from
post #1913 of 6558

Wow, this really is never ending..

 

I don't want to get into a huge debate over whos "fault" it is again (agentxxl made a great post about this) however, I do wonder where mp4nation keep getting these "expected" dates from that have now been pushed back a total of 2 months.

 

Are they simply making them up to entice customers into pre-ordering? It's possible, but when I emailed asking about it they told me it was due to Fiio delaying production.

 

It seems we'll never know the truth for sure, but either way it's extremely frustrating.

post #1914 of 6558

It's alright, guys.  Go outside.  Breathe some fresh air.  Get some exercise.  Come back in a month :P

post #1915 of 6558

K to be clear, it's Alienware m17xR3 I believe it has full toslink. TM-50-03 cable arrived with my e17 from micca, it has 2-way tosslink (one side- mini + adapter). I connected this adapter to e17, the second head - to laptop's SPDIF, now, it was all good, when I tried to play a sound through OPT input, E17 went crazy switching between "hold" and OPT "20" (that's the volume) back and forth and producing a crackling sound like a radio does when it can't find a station.

After I rebooted E17, its screen stopped acting wild, but the sound persists

Hm..?
Quick update: E17 screen goes crazy when I actually play sounds on my laptop. apaart from ridiculous background noise, the sounds themselves are affected by it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Thanks sound dreamer!

 

Ishalamb is the spdif out on ur pc full toslink or mini toslink? If its mini toslink u just need a two end mini toslink to minitoslink cable. If its regular toslink u need a toslink to mini toslink cable. Please note toslink ends can be easily converted to mini toslink with an adapter



 


Edited by lshalamb - 2/27/12 at 7:39am
post #1916 of 6558

Ishalamb. Is spdif set to default device in sound options

 

 

It probably is but just asking . This is most likely a computer hardware and or software(driver and audi software) error and not e17. Computer is probably sending it stuff it cant "understand" yea, this could be a problem with e17s spdif receiver as well but for now the higher chance is on ur end. See if another frienss conpyter has spdif and test. If it works on theirs its on ur end. Alienware and dell have aone of the lowest reliability scores. Just bc its fast and looks good doesnt mean its a good pc sadly.

post #1917 of 6558

Well in all fairness, I got it for a year now and It worked perfectly! Now, i tried to set up my HD600s directly into SPDIF, that worked. However, after E17 it doesn't anymore. weird...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Ishalamb. Is spdif set to default device in sound options

 

 

It probably is but just asking . This is most likely a computer hardware and or software(driver and audi software) error and not e17. Computer is probably sending it stuff it cant "understand" yea, this could be a problem with e17s spdif receiver as well but for now the higher chance is on ur end. See if another frienss conpyter has spdif and test. If it works on theirs its on ur end. Alienware and dell have aone of the lowest reliability scores. Just bc its fast and looks good doesnt mean its a good pc sadly.



 

post #1918 of 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by lshalamb View Post

K to be clear, it's Alienware m17xR3 I believe it has full toslink. TM-50-03 cable arrived with my e17 from micca, it has 2-way tosslink (one side- mini + adapter). I connected this adapter to e17, the second head - to laptop's SPDIF, now, it was all good, when I tried to play a sound through OPT input, E17 went crazy switching between "hold" and OPT "20" (that's the volume) back and forth and producing a crackling sound like a radio does when it can't find a station.

After I rebooted E17, its screen stopped acting wild, but the sound persists

Hm..?
Quick update: E17 screen goes crazy when I actually play sounds on my laptop. apaart from ridiculous background noise, the sounds themselves are affected by it

 

Sounds like the laptop is trying to scale everything up to Dolby Digital. My E17 crackled when I forgot to turn off bitstreaming and it couldn't decode the DD signal.

post #1919 of 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by lshalamb View Post

Well in all fairness, I got it for a year now and It worked perfectly! Now, i tried to set up my HD600s directly into SPDIF, that worked. However, after E17 it doesn't anymore. weird...
 



 


HD600 directly into SPDIF? If it's a shared analog/SPDIF plug on your computer, then plugging the optical cable in may have set the computer to optical mode on the shared plug. If you go into the sound properties in your control panel and look at 'manage audio devices,' you should see two entries (at least.) One will be Speaker/HP and the other will be Digital Output(Optical) - if it's set to Optical then the headphones won't work when plugged into the shared jack. Highlight Speaker and click 'set to default' and your headphones should work again.

 

As for the E17, does it work when you have a stereo audio cable between your laptop's headphone jack (on Speaker mode) and the E17's AUX input? If so, then does it work when you have a USB cable connected between your laptop and the E17's mini-USB plug, with your 'manage audio devices' set to SPDIF? (Which should appear when you have the E17 plugged into the laptop via USB) Also, be sure you're plugging the optical into the input next to the headphone jack on the E17 (on top, not bottom) and not the AUX input.
 

 

post #1920 of 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperCzar View Post

 

Sounds like the laptop is trying to scale everything up to Dolby Digital. My E17 crackled when I forgot to turn off bitstreaming and it couldn't decode the DD signal.


When I try to use Dolby out via optical, the E17 just throws up it's hands and sits there. I think I like that better than crackling. :)
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought