Wait a second, so Android does have digital out? By using CyanogenMod7? In other words, if i flashed CM7 on my HTC Desire HD, plugged the E17 to my Desire HD, then the DAC and amp from the E17 will be utilized?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 + L7 LOD + E11 = Brief Impression Last post on 9/13/13 at 10:07am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD598 amp/dac Last post on 10/10/16 at 1:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 119post #1771 of 67302/24/12 at 6:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 67302/24/12 at 6:37amThread StarterQuote:
The cellphone needs to have the hardware for digital-out in the first place. You can buy a rocket engine that can push you to the moon, but putting it in truck doesn't make it a space shuttle.post #1773 of 67302/24/12 at 6:46amQuote:
Ah hah. So if a E11 can run 250ohm headphones (say, hyogen's DT880s) then the E17 can fully drive them as well? He'll be using the 'analog in' out of his Nexus phone, as I understand it.
@hyogen - if your setup is driving 250ohm DT880s anywhere near as well as it does earbuds (TripleFi 10) then I'm thinking the E17 will drive the headphones even better. :)post #1774 of 67302/24/12 at 6:50amQuote:
I actually laughed out loud at your anology. I drive a truck, and the visual I got is a flatbed trailer hauling a rocket engine when it accidentally went off and put he truck into orbit. :) (White knuckle driving for sure! Heavy Metal anyone?)
post #1775 of 67302/24/12 at 7:12amAndroid devices micro usb. I dont think are too audiophile. And like i said before DAC devices have a USB draw power.... If the ipad wont allow it, i doubt ur android devices will at risk fo fryingg or destroying the batter. If u can flash and mod it why not remove limitations? Limitations r there for a reason. Yes i agree that u should get a bit more juice out an just go past limitations by a bit but when the e17s power draw is twice apple ipads cck limitations..... Twice is a big.. ThingTpost #1776 of 67302/24/12 at 7:17am
Hmm i see. So i guess for portable music listening it's just better to get a good mp3 player with a good dac/amp built in, and leave the portable dac/amps like the E17 for desktops/laptops?post #1777 of 67302/24/12 at 7:28amQuote:
mp3 player with digital out would be ideal for the E17 with decent earbuds or good quality small headphones I would think, (very portable with excellent sound) if there ARE mp3 players with digital out?
post #1778 of 67302/24/12 at 7:31amThe e17 can be used with most or any portable player. The dac wont be engaged when it happens but the amp will be. Amps are mainly used to provide tonality an power(volume)post #1779 of 67302/24/12 at 7:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Bill-P
I'm just reposting this, I guess, but again, advancedmp3players seems to have stock of the E17.
It's a bit pricier, but they can ship international, too.
Never mind. Just an update to this. Advancedmp3players just emailed me saying that the E17 was out of stock by the time I ordered it. I canceled my order. Guess I'll wait until stock situation is completely cleared up before making this decision again.post #1780 of 67302/24/12 at 7:46am
I'm pretty sure if Android ebook readers can do digital out over USB then almost any Android device should be able to. It's a software issue, not a hardware one. The OS just needs to send out the audio in a way the USB device can understand, rather than trying to plug in like a flash drive to a PC. My $99 made in China Android tablet could even read/write data over USB, and it's the cheapest device I've ever seen running Android.post #1781 of 67302/24/12 at 7:56amYes it is a software thing. But as we are on head fi for audiophiles plz note that hardware also plays an issue now as it can changes the sound.post #1782 of 67302/24/12 at 8:17ampost #1783 of 67302/24/12 at 8:28amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by SniperCzar
I'm pretty sure if Android ebook readers can do digital out over USB then almost any Android device should be able to. It's a software issue, not a hardware one. The OS just needs to send out the audio in a way the USB device can understand, rather than trying to plug in like a flash drive to a PC. My $99 made in China Android tablet could even read/write data over USB, and it's the cheapest device I've ever seen running Android.
The function is called 'USB on-the-go' (or OTG for short). The Android device must have that kind of USB chip (an USB on-the-go I/O chip that capable of hosting) built in to have that function. Most Android cellphone don't have that. They only have a USB receiver chip that can't host a slave device. The reason why most cellphone (including iPhone) don't have OTG is because OTG sucks out a lot of power, so it makes more sense to have it on tablet than on cellphone. It is not as easy as flipping a few switch in the OS.post #1784 of 67302/24/12 at 8:33am
Don't be dumb like me.
I received my E17 yesterday, so I decided to hook it up before I went to bed last night. I hooked up the USB cable and it turned Red for a few seconds and went out. I figured it needed to be charged, so I went to bed. When I got up this morning I pressed the power button and nothing. So I tried another USB cable and USB input. Same thing, Red light on for a few seconds. So I try the reset, still nothing. Do you know the E17 has a hold button. Switched that off and guess what, it powered up when I pressed the power button. LOLpost #1785 of 67302/24/12 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by mdyoung216
Don't be dumb like me.
I received my E17 yesterday, so I decided to hook it up before I went to bed last night. I hooked up the USB cable and it turned Red for a few seconds and went out. I figured it needed to be charged, so I went to bed. When I got up this morning I pressed the power button and nothing. So I tried another USB cable and USB input. Same thing, Red light on for a few seconds. So I try the reset, still nothing. Do you know the E17 has a hold button. Switched that off and guess what, it powered up when I pressed the power button. LOL
I'm taking notes.
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 38 seconds ago
- › Relatively cheap headphone measuring kit? 2 minutes ago
- › Understanding Digital and Analog Jitter 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000? 8 minutes ago
- › Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016 8 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear