Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought - Page 68

post #1006 of 6556

sorry mustve missed that post =(

well i live in australia and the only place i seem to be able to order them from is addictedtoaudio.com.au

they have it listed at 158 i believe, sucks to live with kangaroo's everything is more expensive

 

I have been to the store but the e17 was sold out within 48 hours and i need to wait for second shipment =(

thanks for the information though really appreciate it =)

post #1007 of 6556

bump


Edited by Feckie - 2/1/12 at 3:17am
post #1008 of 6556

XP 32bit (This was only a driver test, did not check audio)

 

Tried software and hardware reset still no luck (how long should i hold down the reset button?)

 

 

post #1009 of 6556

Thankyou agent xxl for doing what im doing. Ferrying lost souls to safety! :) i just knew tere was going to be a lot of replies when i sleep due to what we did yesterday :) i read theough all the posts ur doing a good job

post #1010 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckie View Post

XP 32bit (This was only a driver test, did not check audio)

 

Tried software and hardware reset still no luck (how long should i hold down the reset button?)

 

 



it take 3 or 4 seconds to reset E7/E17.

 

We will discuss with Tenor to see how we can do to help our user with the compatible problem about win xp, win 7, mac os! 

post #1011 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick108 View Post

sorry mustve missed that post =(

well i live in australia and the only place i seem to be able to order them from is addictedtoaudio.com.au

they have it listed at 158 i believe, sucks to live with kangaroo's everything is more expensive

 

I have been to the store but the e17 was sold out within 48 hours and i need to wait for second shipment =(

thanks for the information though really appreciate it =)



it will take 45 days to produce the second batch of E17. very sorry for that and I guess you all know that the CNY is a big problem for all chinese brand and there are only 7 workers back to our factory now.

post #1012 of 6556

Ok just received my E17 and plugged it into my iPhone 4s with Headphone Out and Westone 4s.

While I am at work and dont have the mindset to fully evaluate the sound quality, the deep dark black background with no hiss at all is very obvious. I do not have much expereince with those 500+ Dollar Amps but this one seems very high quality. I can compare my Zo3 (version 3) at the moment and to my ears it is like night and day concerning that background hiss.

 

Excited to use the E17 at home with LOD and my ALAC Files etysmile.gif

post #1013 of 6556


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post



it will take 45 days to produce the second batch of E17. very sorry for that and I guess you all know that the CNY is a big problem for all chinese brand and there are only 7 workers back to our factory now.



is the second batch the same size as the first?



Quote:
Originally Posted by AykDaddy View Post

Ok just received my E17 and plugged it into my iPhone 4s with Headphone Out and Westone 4s.

While I am at work and dont have the mindset to fully evaluate the sound quality, the deep dark black background with no hiss at all is very obvious. I do not have much expereince with those 500+ Dollar Amps but this one seems very high quality. I can compare my Zo3 (version 3) at the moment and to my ears it is like night and day concerning that background hiss.

 

Excited to use the E17 at home with LOD and my ALAC Files etysmile.gif


great to see that you are liking it :D

 

post #1014 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post



it will take 45 days to produce the second batch of E17. very sorry for that and I guess you all know that the CNY is a big problem for all chinese brand and there are only 7 workers back to our factory now.


Does this mean the release date of middle of Febuary will be pushed back for the second batch? (I knew I should have ordered the first batch)

post #1015 of 6556

Just a quick question regarding the E9+E17 Combo: is there any way to make the E9 switch to taking the E17 as source without having to unplug the line-in cable on the E9?

=> if u have a line-in cable connected to the E9, it will always be taken as the source, E17 is not working when docked in.

 

 

 

post #1016 of 6556

yes, the size is still the same, but why do you think we will change it ?

post #1017 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danji View Post

Just a quick question regarding the E9+E17 Combo: is there any way to make the E9 switch to taking the E17 as source without having to unplug the line-in cable on the E9?

=> if u have a line-in cable connected to the E9, it will always be taken as the source, E17 is not working when docked in.

 

 

 



 

Sorry not, should we includes a input switcher to select the input ?

post #1018 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

yes, the size is still the same, but why do you think we will change it ?

I guess he meant the amount of produced units!?

post #1019 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrips View Post


Does this mean the release date of middle of Febuary will be pushed back for the second batch? (I knew I should have ordered the first batch)



Not, the first batch will includes two shipment, and there are still more E17 under production and will finish in this month due to the long long holiday for CNY. so far there are only few 

 

worker back to factory and all the current E17 were made by our engineer and office staff.

post #1020 of 6556
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post



 

Sorry not, should we includes a input switcher to select the input ?

Personally i would love to have this feature, as i have a couple of DACs and Amps.

It's not really a major flaw but i would come in handy if u also use the E17 as part of ur mobile rig .

I use the E9 for bedside listening, atm with a µDAC. The E17 as DAC is a big improvement from the short listening i had till now.

I will from now on use the E9+E17 combo, but if for whatever reason I dont have the E17 at home, it would be nice to just use the µDAC then without having to (un)plug the cables.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought