Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › End Game Rigs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

End Game Rigs?

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 

What to get within 10k USD/CDN?

 

How much do these cost for all the parts on average?

 

What/Which components to get?

post #2 of 35

My end game can't be done for $10K. It consists of my KGSSHV (about $2K), Stax SR-009 ($5K) and probably a maxxed out Empirical Overdrive ($8K). I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there.

post #3 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBSC View Post

My end game can't be done for $10K. It consists of my KGSSHV (about $2K), Stax SR-009 ($5K) and probably a maxxed out Empirical Overdrive ($8K). I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there.



Oh okay. Nice... What else ? How much would it cost for an End Game Rig then?

post #4 of 35

Well the Amp(KGSSHV) = 2k

Stax 009(headphone) = 5k

DAC(Empirical Overdrive) = 8k

Would leave you at 15k

I'd have to consider that end game.

post #5 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Cali View Post

Well the Amp(KGSSHV) = 2k

Stax 009(headphone) = 5k

DAC(Empirical Overdrive) = 8k

Would leave you at 15k

I'd have to consider that end game.



 

I guess it'll be something to look forward to in a few years...

post #6 of 35

Ya well you could still achieve damn close for 10k, i would start with the KGSSHV, 009 and a 3k DAC.  Not sure which.

Really couldn't go wrong.

post #7 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyMed View Post

Oh okay. Nice... What else ? How much would it cost for an End Game Rig then?


That's pretty much it. The source is a dedicated computer running JPlay, cost about $1K. My current setup is a Stax SR-007Mk1 (current market rate about $1700) and I will be getting the Calyx DAC and Calyx power supply soon ($1800).

 


Edited by DaveBSC - 12/29/11 at 4:24pm
post #8 of 35

K-1000 and the rest of the rig will end your game. 

post #9 of 35

BHSE, 009, and DA11 comes out to 12k - definitely close to your budget.  it's only not "end game" if you feel the need to spend useless money on fancy casework for your source, or believe in "high-end transports"

post #10 of 35

Bryston BDP-1 -----------> Violectric DAC V800

Rega P9 TT --------------> Violectric PPA V600

------------------------------------------------------------> GoldPoint SW2X

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Shiit Mjolnir

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Sennheiser HD800

 

I dare anyone.


Edited by Edoardo - 4/4/12 at 6:41pm
post #11 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo View Post

Bryston BDP-1 -----------> Violectric DAC V800

Rega P9 TT --------------> Violectric PPA V600

------------------------------------------------------------> GoldPoint SW2X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->SPL Phonitor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Sennheiser HD800

 

I dare anyone.


I don't think the BDP-1 is all that impressive tbh. It's just a computer with an ESI Juli@. I can build that for a lot less than Bryston is charging.

 

post #12 of 35

I agree biggrin.gif It's a computer with an ESI Juli@ and a couple of very nice tweaks though! I can't tweak a soundcard and build a PSU myself, so... It'd be my choiche


Edited by Edoardo - 12/30/11 at 3:36am
post #13 of 35

It certainly stopped my upgrade desire
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post

K-1000 and the rest of the rig will end your game. 



 

post #14 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo View Post

I agree biggrin.gif It's a computer with an ESI Juli@ and a couple of very nice tweaks though! I can't tweak a soundcard and build a PSU myself, so... It'd be my choiche


I wouldn't be using a Juli@ at all. The Bryston is basically an Auraliti L1000 with Bryston casework, and I believe you'd get much better performance out of the PK90 USB.

 


Edited by DaveBSC - 12/30/11 at 7:28am
post #15 of 35

Again... Source? I've never read this thing of the "USB superiority" (???) anywhere

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › End Game Rigs?