Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › It's raining bang for buck IEMs!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's raining bang for buck IEMs! - Page 2

post #16 of 34

How much burn in are we talking?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

You do own the cheapest pair of awei IEM that might explain some sound difference between that and the Xears TD-II. My TD-III is also veiled when i just received them but with lots of burn in the veil has lifted up allot.


 

I suspect it's the cheaper because the others all have a microphone.  It's not the cheapest, though; this one is: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/fashionable-3-5-mm-in-ear-cushion-style-stereo-earphone-for-iphone-silver-105642

 

I'm still very skeptical that those are similar to the Xears.  Same housing does not mean the same driver.  Heck, those should all sound like Skullcandies if that were the case... and the TD100 would sound like the Monster Turbine :)

 

Granted Xears build quality has its problems, but Thomas does something special with the driver... the veil I'm getting is quite pronounced (not for 6.80, but quite a bit more veil than the TD100 or even the XB120; the XB120 did not have veil IMHO, it was just slow and had little sparkle).  Electric guitars don't have much bite, they're a bit slow, mids are too laid back (Xears tend to have very sweet mids), etc.

 

Still... I must say those no-name Chinese companies are catching up... build quality is WAY better than anything they've done before at that price point.  Also the fact that I find them listenable coming from the GR07 is quite impressive for 6.80 USD!

 

One note of warning with the ES600m: despite what the product page says on dealextreme, all ear tips are medium (i.e., they're not different sizes).  They're pretty good material, but if you don't use medium size, you're out of luck :)

 

Oddly enough, going to their website (hkyale.com), the ES600 is the only model I can't find... weird.

 

Edit: oh, and the AWEIs have had quite a bit of burn-in already (around 30-40 hours I'd say), I use them at the office as my throwaway 'phones because the TD100 is too big in my ears to wear for too long and I find the M1 is WAY too good to use as a throwaway :)


Edited by sunspot - 1/16/12 at 11:35am
post #18 of 34

Right burned these in for a good 24 hours now.

 

That's better, they sound less congested i find myself picking out details better.

 

Mids are still recessed, you can still tell that everything's veiled, but it's nothing like it was.

 

Sparkle is not bad, bit of sibilance but it's calmed down.

 

The biggest difference is the separation, before it was non existent but now it's come out.

 

Nothing earth shattering but it's there.

 

Bass is good and punchy, not much bloat.

 

Anyway for the money they're a bargain really, just need to watch the tips as the fit isn't that tight on the nozzle.

 

I would say edm/rock suit these best.


Edited by Huxley - 1/17/12 at 12:49am
post #19 of 34
Thread Starter 

and the mic works with android like skipping songs?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post

Right burned these in for a good 24 hours now.

 

That's better, they sound less congested i find myself picking out details better.

 

Mids are still recessed, you can still tell that everything's veiled, but it's nothing like it was.

 

Sparkle is not bad, bit of sibilance but it's calmed down.

 

The biggest difference is the separation, before it was non existent but now it's come out.

 

Nothing earth shattering but it's there.

 

Bass is good and punchy, not much bloat.

 

Anyway for the money they're a bargain really, just need to watch the tips as the fit isn't that tight on the nozzle.

 

I would say edm/rock suit these best.



 


Edited by Majin - 1/17/12 at 2:43am
post #20 of 34

It pauses the music rather than skip song.

 

Not sure if you can configure poweramp to switch songs on the mic press.

 

Edit Yup sure can, quick press is pause, long hold is switch track, i like it.


Edited by Huxley - 1/17/12 at 5:30am
post #21 of 34
Thread Starter 

interesting does it work for all android phones? and how do they compare with the other cheap IEMs you have bought
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post

It pauses the music rather than skip song.

 

Not sure if you can configure poweramp to switch songs on the mic press.

 

Edit Yup sure can, quick press is pause, long hold is switch track, i like it.



 

post #22 of 34

Poweramp?

 

It should, how does it compare to my others, don't know i'll do a back to back when i can and let you know.

post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

interesting does it work for all android phones? and how do they compare with the other cheap IEMs you have bought
 

 

Majin, if you mean the mic switch, it may depend on the Android phone, some have iPhone-like wiring, some not (notably the Galaxy S, but somewhat oddly not the Galaxy S2).  MEElectronics sells an adapter: http://www.meelec.com/MEE_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm which may solve the problem.

 

The short = pause long = skip convention will work on pretty much any music player on Android IIRC, as long as the headset works properly in the first place.
 

 

post #24 of 34

Ordered these a week ago-

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stylish-in-ear-earphone-for-iphone-mp3-3-5mm-jack-140cm-cable-73838

When I get them I will compare to the Xears XE200PRO and the SoundMagic PL18 I also ordered. (Might take a while, since they are still marked as "Order received")

post #25 of 34

A review of these new earphones are always nice xp

post #26 of 34

i picked a couple of these up to use in the gym.

 

http://bensoutlet.com/products/uhp206

 

Always nice to have cheapo ear buds that you won't be pissed about losing or ending up in the washing machine by accident.

post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post

i picked a couple of these up to use in the gym.

 

http://bensoutlet.com/products/uhp206

 

Always nice to have cheapo ear buds that you won't be pissed about losing or ending up in the washing machine by accident.


Super-bump.

I've got a pair of Awei K80 that came in the mail today. Drivers are really poorly matched, and bass is bloated a lot. But, with some audio balancing and an EQ, I'm finding myself to like these quite a bit. I've got DIY memory foam tips on them. Work well. The aluminum casing for these IEMs is great, especially for a $2 IEM.

post #28 of 34

First picture look like a Skullcandy TiTan/FMJ knockoff...

 

Being an owner of the Noontec Zoros I dont have room to judge though.

post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

First picture look like a Skullcandy TiTan/FMJ knockoff...

 

Being an owner of the Noontec Zoros I dont have room to judge though.

 

You're implying that the TiTan and FMJ aren't already a knockoff

post #30 of 34

I believe they are both actually original designs made my SK. The FMJ came first and were soon retired and replaced with the TiTan.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › It's raining bang for buck IEMs!