Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's - Page 7

Poll Results: Which is better for my taste?

 
  • 29% (11)
    Sony MDR-XB1000
  • 59% (22)
    Denon AH-D2000
  • 10% (4)
    Other Headphones
37 Total Votes  
post #91 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDRey View Post



A basshead want just bass, the rest is superfluous,lol.

Oh well, in that case I'm no basshead at all.. smily_headphones1.gif
post #92 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozade View Post


The bass on the Pro 900 really is not that strong or heavy and i am not the only one one this forum that has said that ! .It is never going to satisfy a true basshead  basshead.gif

 


but then again, what will then?

As Pro900's seem to be one of the best for EDM..

 

Xb1k's/d2k's?

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

That is ridiculous! How much more bass can a can have? confused_face_2.gif

 

How much moar bass IS there to have in the first place?


Oh believe me, there is bass to be gotten...

 

When you say IE7/8 i say bass light.

 

True basshead talk right there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDRey View Post

A basshead want just bass, the rest is superfluous,lol.

 

HAHAHA :D!!!
 

 

 

post #93 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


but then again, what will then?

As Pro900's seem to be one of the best for EDM..

 

Xb1k's/d2k's?

 


Oh believe me, there is bass to be gotten...

 

When you say IE7/8 i say bass light.

 

True basshead talk right there.

HAHAHA :D!!!
 

 

 

What you need is for tfta to make you a prototype full size can using there thin film technoligoy .ksc75smile.gif

I agree the ie8 bass was not that hard hitting ,it was too warm and colored the vocals ,but was not that punchy or deep compaired to the tfta, that may have been becouse they are shallow fit though 
 

 

post #94 of 131

If you can't afford the Pro 900's, I'd take a look at their little brother, the Pro 750's. Fantastic for electronic music. :)

 

Thing is, the headphones aren't very deep. While the cups are super soft and super comfortable, they're shallow, so your ears will be touching the back plate (the speaker is behind the plate). If that will be a problem, I'd go with the D2000's. The pads are a bit stiff, but I think they loosen over time. They're pretty damn comfortable, actually.

post #95 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

 

Oh believe me, there is bass to be gotten...

 

When you say IE7/8 i say bass light.

 



LOL Nah I wouldn't suggest the IE7/IE8 actually. Is the 1XB the bassiest you've ever heard? Might have to try that one some day..

post #96 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozade View Post



What you need is for tfta to make you a prototype full size can using there thin film technoligoy .ksc75smile.gif

I agree the ie8 bass was not that hard hitting ,it was too warm and colored the vocals ,but was not that punchy or deep compaired to the tfta, that may have been becouse they are shallow fit though 
 

 


HAHAHA! I'm waiting for that...!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post

If you can't afford the Pro 900's, I'd take a look at their little brother, the Pro 750's. Fantastic for electronic music. :)

 

Thing is, the headphones aren't very deep. While the cups are super soft and super comfortable, they're shallow, so your ears will be touching the back plate (the speaker is behind the plate). If that will be a problem, I'd go with the D2000's. The pads are a bit stiff, but I think they loosen over time. They're pretty damn comfortable, actually.


Well comfort is an issue for me...I'll give my impressions on the D2K's soon!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

LOL Nah I wouldn't suggest the IE7/IE8 actually. Is the 1XB the bassiest you've ever heard? Might have to try that one some day..

 

haha nothing beats the 1XB's in bass...
 

 

 

post #97 of 131
Thread Starter 

Ok guys:

I just got my Denon 2k's and wow - out-the-box they sound amazing!
 

Yes of course they don't hit as hard as my XB700's nor my Basshead junkie TFTA 1XB's, but this is not what I really came to look for.

 

I wanted a nice balanced sound, and obviously with a nice kick, not too overwhelming but enough.

 

 

Some impressions:

-Comfort: Very nice, quite big ont he head, but hey I'm using them indoors + I was used to the HUGE cushions the XB700's

I'm actually half glad I didn't get the XB1000's, I realized after wearing the XB700's for a while that you start to sweat quite a lot by your ears (lol) - god knows what the XB1k's would do!

The cup is big enough for my massive ears

I would like bigger pads, and I guess I could invest later on, if really needs be in the Jmoney ear pads - but hey that's NO RUSH whatsoever.

I use them currently on "0/1 click" - meaning they fit around my head perfectly - I wonder however for people with smaller heads, it might be a problem for them

 

-Wire: WOW its long...very long - possibly too long? Great for home use that said - and the material....what is this? Military grade armor :P? I LOVE IT!

Jack though, its nice to have the adapter screw on I guess, but I would have preferred a 3.5mm jack without the screw thread if that makes sense - not very case friendly with my SGS i9000

 

-SQ: First off bass hits, enough, not too much, but enough for my liking, not something that would get me bored.

BIGGEST thing for me, for headphones is sound stage, and wow do these excel - brilliant sounding - listening to trance on these is so nice! R'n'b is brilliant!

I need to give these more time, physical/mental burn-in too though - so can't comment that much regarding the SQ + I don't have a great headphone background, by that I mean I've only owned one, and that was the XB700's (was a good place to start though no? :P)

 

I can't suggest these enough, they are really doing well out the bx - no wonder there is such love and praise for these all over the place - who ever buys or wears beats pros should be slapped several times.

Honestly the beats pro's have literally NOTHING on these - against the Xb700's maybe but against these d2k's, no chance - really not saying this about the price, I'm talking SQ wise. Price just makes it another factor why you should buy these instead.

 

I got them £179 shipped, by an AUTHORIZED UK seller with which comes 2years warranty - what more can I ask for.

 

Many thanks for all the people that commented on this thread, and for the poll results - I think I made the right decision no doubt.

post #98 of 131

Glad you like them.  Give them a powerful amplifier and their bass gets more impactful but never louder or more bloated.

post #99 of 131

Glad you like them so much. They are indeed very solid performers. I use them for practically everything except EDM or music that needs a "drive" so to say. In those cases I go to my Pro 900 - they are unbeaten in that regard. The D2000 are as laidback as I can take it - any more laidback would be bad.

 

About the size of the head - I have a smaller head I think, but they fit me well. One thing though, I found the headband to be somewhat uncomfortable after a while, so I put on a headband padding from a Sennheiser can which solved that issue. Just something for you to consider if you start feeling that they would be uncomfortable on top of your head.

 

The cord, while it is heavy duty stuff (IMO) - it is prone to tangle, so make sure you don't "swirl" the cord too much or it will be a nightmare.

 

Good luck with your new headphones. :) They get even better with time!

post #100 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Glad you like them.  Give them a powerful amplifier and their bass gets more impactful but never louder or more bloated.


hehe brought my Fii0 E5 just in case (as I came to the UK from france to pick up my headphones) - might whip that out, see how it goes :D!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Glad you like them so much. They are indeed very solid performers. I use them for practically everything except EDM or music that needs a "drive" so to say. In those cases I go to my Pro 900 - they are unbeaten in that regard. The D2000 are as laidback as I can take it - any more laidback would be bad.

 

About the size of the head - I have a smaller head I think, but they fit me well. One thing though, I found the headband to be somewhat uncomfortable after a while, so I put on a headband padding from a Sennheiser can which solved that issue. Just something for you to consider if you start feeling that they would be uncomfortable on top of your head.

 

The cord, while it is heavy duty stuff (IMO) - it is prone to tangle, so make sure you don't "swirl" the cord too much or it will be a nightmare.

 

Good luck with your new headphones. :) They get even better with time!

 

Well yes, I saw the headband and thought to myself, that's a little....lacking of padding

 

Could you forward me the thread for the sennheiser ones or what not :D?

 

I do think the padding really could do with a little more - little disappointed on Denon's part for not including a simple pouch (although I already knew that before buying them)
 

 

 

post #101 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


hehe brought my Fii0 E5 just in case (as I came to the UK from france to pick up my headphones) - might whip that out, see how it goes :D!

 

 

Well yes, I saw the headband and thought to myself, that's a little....lacking of padding

 

Could you forward me the thread for the sennheiser ones or what not :D?

 

I do think the padding really could do with a little more - little disappointed on Denon's part for not including a simple pouch (although I already knew that before buying them)
 

 

 



Oh, I just took one from an old pair of sennheiser headphones. I don't think there's a thread on it. Just put it there, be creative with how you do it. wink.gif But if you want to you could order a spare pad: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352734-REG/Sennheiser_052715_H_52715_Replacement_Headband.html One of those will do the trick.

 

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of a pouch as well - but a cheapo headphone bag shouldn't be too hard to acquire.. Almost all DJ stores has got them. Just make sure you don't order too small - these are pretty big headphones. For the moment I'm using just a simple fabric pouch for something else and it works fine.

post #102 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post





Oh, I just took one from an old pair of sennheiser headphones. I don't think there's a thread on it. Just put it there, be creative with how you do it. wink.gif But if you want to you could order a spare pad: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352734-REG/Sennheiser_052715_H_52715_Replacement_Headband.html One of those will do the trick.

 

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of a pouch as well - but a cheapo headphone bag shouldn't be too hard to acquire.. Almost all DJ stores has got them. Just make sure you don't order too small - these are pretty big headphones. For the moment I'm using just a simple fabric pouch for something else and it works fine.



and in comes the XB700's bay-watch style - no worries - the pouch fo the XB700's accommodate the D2k's fine :D!

 

I'll need to find several things:

-HARD case (as the soft pouch is covered by the denon's already)

-Headphone stand

post #103 of 131
Thread Starter 

haha this is brilliant

I have my SGS i9000 with voodoo sound control amp with the bass boost on (first time on in over 4-5months - due tot he TFTA's) and wow on +10dB bass boost - never needed to go that high, but these denon's literally do handle anything!
Bass is SO DEEP if one needs it to be (ie with what I'm throwing at it atm)

 

Brilliant - Put my Xb700's on - yes they were a little more comfortable + had a not-so-over-the-top wire, and big bass impact, but I immediately saw the difference.

 

Mids are drowned out by the bass - highs are there but still.

 

XB700's remind me of my TFTA 1XB's now - they are bassy headphones/earphones and that's what they excel at - Not that they are bad in everything else, but there are other headphones or earphones that do better in other departments.

Such as mids/highs = se535 for the earphones

 

And now for the headphones I have the d2k's to put them against.

 

Difference is though:

TFTA's do brilliantly in mids/highs just not as present - XB700's however don't do that well, if not don't even produce much mids/highs - so bear that in mind - that said: £70/60 vs £180-250 - its understandable

but for the TFTA's £100 vs the se535's which are £285 = that I still don't understand the logic behind paying so much.

 

Denon's are worth every penny!

post #104 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post



and in comes the XB700's bay-watch style - no worries - the pouch fo the XB700's accommodate the D2k's fine :D!

 

I'll need to find several things:

-HARD case (as the soft pouch is covered by the denon's already)

-Headphone stand



LOL

 

tumblr_lnmearzcPe1qctgvgo1_400.gif

 

Yeah, I need to buy some kind of stand, or rather something to put them on the wall. I've got two playful kids at home that really digs my headphones. The cheapo ones they can use, but I'd rather not let them play with my D2000, Pro 900 or HD25-1 II. Those three are the three amigos for me right now.

post #105 of 131
Thread Starter 

haha :D!

 

headphone wise, yes people can spend £100 for headphone stands (probably more too)

but I'm not looking to spend anything really more than £20 on a stand and another £10-20 on a case

 

Case wise, with a little research:

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/beyerdynamic-leather-style-vinyl-headphone-carry-bag-568708.html

 

But I don't think that's something I'm looking for

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's