Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's - Page 8

Poll Results: Which is better for my taste?

 
  • 29% (11)
    Sony MDR-XB1000
  • 59% (22)
    Denon AH-D2000
  • 10% (4)
    Other Headphones
37 Total Votes  
post #106 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

haha :D!

 

headphone wise, yes people can spend £100 for headphone stands (probably more too)

but I'm not looking to spend anything really more than £20 on a stand and another £10-20 on a case

 

Case wise, with a little research:

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/beyerdynamic-leather-style-vinyl-headphone-carry-bag-568708.html

 

But I don't think that's something I'm looking for


Yeah, same here. I'm actually considering buying just something like to have on the wall:

 

bjarnum-krok__0094925_PE234382_S4.JPG

(are they called hangers in english?)

 

That case might be something I'm looking for. It looks ridiculously good as well - aside from the beyerdynamic logo. Nothing against beyers, but I'd have to fix that somehow when having a Denon headphone inside that. Either one of those, or a hardcase. I think a hardcase would be more protective and classy to have at home, but maybe a little too clumsy if you want to bring them with you on a trip or something..

 

With the Pro 900 I got a really good carrying/storage bag:

 

ultrasone-pro-900-sl.jpg

 

post #107 of 131
Thread Starter 

Yup - pro's seem to have a nice bag :)

And yeah might go for the stand first before the case that said!

And yes those are called hangars :P

 

Almost like a coat hangar or something lol

post #108 of 131

Yeah. It's just a simple (lol, double) coat hanger from IKEA. Cheap as well as practical.. The upper hanger for the headphones and the one beneath it for the cable. Perfect!

 

To be honest, just a hanger for the D2000 would be enough. But I'd really like a bag for my HD25-1 II.. Something like this perhaps. Just to protect them a bit when throwing them in a bag. They are supposedly very durable in that way, but I don't know about you guys, but my bags are dust and dirt collectors. No matter how often I vacuum my bags, it only takes a few days before I find some dirt inside them again. Somehow... I just don't... Nevermind, it just gets there somehow. Anyway, something to protect them from dirt in the bags.

 

Oh well, time to get some sleep. Good night my friend. Enjoy your D2000 to the fullest now.. Push some dirty UK bass through them now, they like it. basshead.gif

post #109 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

haha :D!

 

headphone wise, yes people can spend £100 for headphone stands (probably more too)

but I'm not looking to spend anything really more than £20 on a stand and another £10-20 on a case

 

Case wise, with a little research:

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/beyerdynamic-leather-style-vinyl-headphone-carry-bag-568708.html

 

But I don't think that's something I'm looking for



Interestingly enough, search Amazon for something called a "banana hanger". I kid you not. Some seem to be great for headphones, and they're quite cheap.

post #110 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

Yeah. It's just a simple (lol, double) coat hanger from IKEA. Cheap as well as practical.. The upper hanger for the headphones and the one beneath it for the cable. Perfect!

 

To be honest, just a hanger for the D2000 would be enough. But I'd really like a bag for my HD25-1 II.. Something like this perhaps. Just to protect them a bit when throwing them in a bag. They are supposedly very durable in that way, but I don't know about you guys, but my bags are dust and dirt collectors. No matter how often I vacuum my bags, it only takes a few days before I find some dirt inside them again. Somehow... I just don't... Nevermind, it just gets there somehow. Anyway, something to protect them from dirt in the bags.

 

Oh well, time to get some sleep. Good night my friend. Enjoy your D2000 to the fullest now.. Push some dirty UK bass through them now, they like it. basshead.gif



hehe :D



Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post





Interestingly enough, search Amazon for something called a "banana hanger". I kid you not. Some seem to be great for headphones, and they're quite cheap.


hahaha yesss!
I had already searched for headphone stands and the 2nd suggestion was that - i saw the pictures and saw a set of sennheiser headphones hanging there LOL

I'll see in my local store see if I find any :P

 

Just by interest though: Won't the metal seeing as its thin, damage the headband after a while - thus wouldn't it be better for something a little softer or larger/wider to be holding the headband?

 

 

post #111 of 131

A Sennheiser HH10 is good for £20.

 

post #112 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock134 View Post

A Sennheiser HH10 is good for £20.

 



This might be another solution no?

 

Or as you said: Sennheiser one

 

post #113 of 131
Thread Starter 

Pictures of my new earphones/headphones :)
Found on my facebook fan page here

 

New ones include:

-Denon D2k's

-PFE 112's

-Monster Turbine's

post #114 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post



hehe :D


hahaha yesss!
I had already searched for headphone stands and the 2nd suggestion was that - i saw the pictures and saw a set of sennheiser headphones hanging there LOL

I'll see in my local store see if I find any :P

 

Just by interest though: Won't the metal seeing as its thin, damage the headband after a while - thus wouldn't it be better for something a little softer or larger/wider to be holding the headband?

 

 


Probably. Thing is, you're paying so little for it, you will have to make some concessions. Honestly, headphone stands are ridiculously overpriced.

 

post #115 of 131
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post

Probably. Thing is, you're paying so little for it, you will have to make some concessions. Honestly, headphone stands are ridiculously overpriced.

 


true and agreed

 

 

post #116 of 131

How does the D2000 compare to the XB1000s (and 700s) when it comes to deep bass? 

post #117 of 131
Thread Starter 

Well, I didn't get the XB1k's, but I can certainly comapre it to the XB700's

 

The XB700's have bass that pounds, but I realised after really listening to the D2k's that the D2k's in some respect go lower, as in their sub-bass is brilliant - as people said, amp the D2ks or add bass to them, and they still handle it - whereas the XB700's would sound bloated.

 

I'll post my FULL review of the D2k's soon, when I get time and I get to really sit down and hear both in greater depth.

 

I can immediately tell you that the d2k's are much better than the xb700's

Yes the xb700's have a lot of bass, but then again that bass bleeds A LOT into the mids, meaning when i put the d2k's i was like:
"WHERE THE HELL was that sound coming from!?"

 

Seriously, that was my initial impression. I'm one that usually gives audio products time to settle into my brain, but the d2k's, it was love at first hear. Only thing though is the pads, not enough padding for my liking - but that can (hopefully) be changed with the J$ pads - that's why I WTB them.

post #118 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseliottt View Post

How does the D2000 compare to the XB1000s (and 700s) when it comes to deep bass? 


The XB hits hard when amplified but so does the D2K, I listen to old school hip hop and Detroit Techno with my XB's and you can really crank them up without the drivers distorting on heavy bass notes, I never A/B compared my D2K and XB's but the D7K wiped up the floor with the XB as well it should factoring in the cost difference.

With both the XB 1K and the Denon D2K in the same price range you should really try and audition them both with your chosen genre of music.
post #119 of 131
Thread Starter 

Well for the XB700's they have a bloated bass + recessed mids - have the XB1k's solved that?

post #120 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Well for the XB700's they have a bloated bass + recessed mids - have the XB1k's solved that?


Yes and no...

The mids are less recessed, but the sheer size of them prevents them from a high level of clarity. It's a hard sound to describe with words. If you want strong bass without any bloat at all, the Sony XB line is probably the wrong place to go.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-XB1000 vs Denon AH-D2000 - Coming from XB700's