Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Turbine Pro Copper vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster Turbine Pro Copper vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hey guys so my friend is looking to buy one of these headphones and just wondering which one would be better for him. He mostly listens to hip hop/rap/R&B and a bit of trance here and there. I've read the Golds are more bassier while the Coppers are more refined. Comfort and isolation are important since he will probably be wearing these at school. Just seeing what you guys think, thanks!


Edited by AznInvasion138 - 12/28/11 at 1:23pm
post #2 of 9

Yes you heard right ,Go with the golds for those genres, and comfort and isolation are pretty good and both models are the same shape and size , with the same tips so there will be no difference in that regard.

post #3 of 9

I haven't heard the Golds myself, but I just got myself a set of Coppers and they are better than I expected.  The presentation is somewhat forward but I didn't find the bass to be lacking compared to my Sony X1000.

 

 

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisiviti View Post

I haven't heard the Golds myself, but I just got myself a set of Coppers and they are better than I expected.  The presentation is somewhat forward but I didn't find the bass to be lacking compared to my Sony X1000.

 

 


Which has the most bass quantity ,and which has the best bass quality ? out of the sony and the coppers 

 

post #5 of 9

Sony EX1000 has the better bass quality.  Bass quantity feels about the same, but do keep in mind that the Sony has ports and don't isolate well, whereas the Coppers have much better isolation that might have helped with the amount of bass.

 

The EX1000 seems to do a little better with faster tracks, and is noticeably smoother with female vocals.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

So are the Golds bass too overpowering compared to its mids and highs, my friend doesn't get muddy bass and not be able to hear anything else besides the bass.


Edited by AznInvasion138 - 12/29/11 at 3:56am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisiviti View Post

Sony EX1000 has the better bass quality.  Bass quantity feels about the same, but do keep in mind that the Sony has ports and don't isolate well, whereas the Coppers have much better isolation that might have helped with the amount of bass.

 

The EX1000 seems to do a little better with faster tracks, and is noticeably smoother with female vocals.


Sounds like the EX1000 has more bass quantity than i thought in that case ,and yeah the coppers do sound a little stretched (for want of a better word ) in the midrange from time to time but they are still my favorite dymanic after the Ttibutes.

 

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznInvasion138 View Post

So are the Golds bass too overpowering compared to its mids and highs, my friend doesn't get muddy bass and not be able to hear anything else besides the bass.


The bass can be a bit muddy at times with heavy bass music ,but there are a lot worse out there ,the mid range and treble is actually suprisingly good and clean and clear 

 

The coppers offer more clarity across the frequencies and have more sparkle in the treble with a leaner tighter bass.

 

post #9 of 9

X2- what he said.

 

Be advised tho, the quality control on the Monster line is pretty awful. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozade View Post


The bass can be a bit muddy at times with heavy bass music ,but there are a lot worse out there ,the mid range and treble is actually suprisingly good and clean and clear 

 

The coppers offer more clarity across the frequencies and have more sparkle in the treble with a leaner tighter bass.

 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Turbine Pro Copper vs Monster Turbine Pro Gold