I emailed this guy three times requesting a recable. He has not emailed me back. Very unprofessional.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable wrap Last post on 1/2/11 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommended extension cable for my Shure SRH840? Last post on 12/7/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben ES8 Cable? Last post on 2/14/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Grado SR-60 recable - Any recommendations? Last post on 11/23/10 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
BTG-Audio - Page 13post #181 of 1905/19/15 at 6:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 1905/21/15 at 6:54pmQuote:
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a similar situation. Except I've already paid for the cable (a month ago) and haven't received it yet.
He did reply once about two weeks ago that my cable is "first in the queue" - I suppose I should feel bad for everyone behind me in line.post #183 of 1905/24/15 at 2:27ampost #184 of 1905/24/15 at 7:15am
It was the same for me too, where I emailed a couple times over a period of 2-3 months waiting... The cable eventually came; he has a large backlog to work through most of the time I believe. Just be patient, he does really nice work.post #185 of 1905/24/15 at 12:40pmpost #186 of 1905/24/15 at 12:52pmpost #187 of 1905/24/15 at 2:58pmIn his defense I believe he is in school and makes cables in his free time. If his school work is behind, what's going to cost him more, losing a couple orders or having to retake a class? Priorities.
Updating the site to indicate something like this would be a good idea though.post #188 of 1905/24/15 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
In his defense I believe he is in school and makes cables in his free time. If his school work is behind, what's going to cost him more, losing a couple orders or having to retake a class? Priorities.
Updating the site to indicate something like this would be a good idea though.
He is in school and does this as he can. I spoke to him at one time when my cable was MIA for something like 8 weeks. He was apologetic, but I told him that communication was the key. Let people know what is going on and they can more easily deal with delays.
Yes changing the wait time indicated on his page would be one good way, at least a step towards the start of this process. Answering email messages would also be quite helpful.
The thing that must be remembered is that he is holding peoples' money... and sometimes pretty expensive equipment. Easy to see how folks could start to get anxious as the promised date goes by with no communication!!post #189 of 1905/26/15 at 9:22pm
BTG makes AMAZING cables and is a really awesome guy. I've dealt with him a bunch of times and outside of the wait, I've been hugely satisfied. I had a couple of projects I wanted him to do within the past couple of years and he said he wouldn't have the time to do it for me. So I went looking around head-fi and stumbled upon casper. He doesn't have the reputation of BTG but his quality is on par and he's not bogged down with school and tons of orders like BTG. And in NO WAY! do I want to take away business from BTG, but if he's not able to fulfill all the orders he has I say give Casper a try.post #190 of 1906/20/15 at 10:13pm
I am caught up now as its the summer. I do try to post updates on my facebook page as it's more situational than the website. I'd like to reiterate, that I do need to get out existing orders before taking on new ones as it would be bad business to continually take money and not put out a product at the same demand. I am working on some way to communicate this over email via something automated to save a LOT of time as people don't usually read whats on the website or facebook.
Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's patience with the issues of late. I am well aware of my shortcomings and will be trying to shorten lead times!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Hi End Cables
- › The Ghost in the MP3 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster ZXR Op-Amp replacement for $193 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SennGrado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HiFimediy - Sabre U2 USB DAC noise problems 3 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3