I emailed this guy three times requesting a recable. He has not emailed me back. Very unprofessional.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable wrap Last post on 1/2/11 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommended extension cable for my Shure SRH840? Last post on 12/7/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben ES8 Cable? Last post on 2/14/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Grado SR-60 recable - Any recommendations? Last post on 11/23/10 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
BTG-Audio - Page 13post #181 of 1905/19/15 at 6:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 1905/21/15 at 6:54pmQuote:
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a similar situation. Except I've already paid for the cable (a month ago) and haven't received it yet.
He did reply once about two weeks ago that my cable is "first in the queue" - I suppose I should feel bad for everyone behind me in line.post #183 of 1905/24/15 at 2:27ampost #184 of 1905/24/15 at 7:15am
It was the same for me too, where I emailed a couple times over a period of 2-3 months waiting... The cable eventually came; he has a large backlog to work through most of the time I believe. Just be patient, he does really nice work.post #185 of 1905/24/15 at 12:40pmpost #186 of 1905/24/15 at 12:52pmpost #187 of 1905/24/15 at 2:58pmIn his defense I believe he is in school and makes cables in his free time. If his school work is behind, what's going to cost him more, losing a couple orders or having to retake a class? Priorities.
Updating the site to indicate something like this would be a good idea though.post #188 of 1905/24/15 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
In his defense I believe he is in school and makes cables in his free time. If his school work is behind, what's going to cost him more, losing a couple orders or having to retake a class? Priorities.
Updating the site to indicate something like this would be a good idea though.
He is in school and does this as he can. I spoke to him at one time when my cable was MIA for something like 8 weeks. He was apologetic, but I told him that communication was the key. Let people know what is going on and they can more easily deal with delays.
Yes changing the wait time indicated on his page would be one good way, at least a step towards the start of this process. Answering email messages would also be quite helpful.
The thing that must be remembered is that he is holding peoples' money... and sometimes pretty expensive equipment. Easy to see how folks could start to get anxious as the promised date goes by with no communication!!post #189 of 1905/26/15 at 9:22pm
BTG makes AMAZING cables and is a really awesome guy. I've dealt with him a bunch of times and outside of the wait, I've been hugely satisfied. I had a couple of projects I wanted him to do within the past couple of years and he said he wouldn't have the time to do it for me. So I went looking around head-fi and stumbled upon casper. He doesn't have the reputation of BTG but his quality is on par and he's not bogged down with school and tons of orders like BTG. And in NO WAY! do I want to take away business from BTG, but if he's not able to fulfill all the orders he has I say give Casper a try.post #190 of 1906/20/15 at 10:13pm
I am caught up now as its the summer. I do try to post updates on my facebook page as it's more situational than the website. I'd like to reiterate, that I do need to get out existing orders before taking on new ones as it would be bad business to continually take money and not put out a product at the same demand. I am working on some way to communicate this over email via something automated to save a LOT of time as people don't usually read whats on the website or facebook.
Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's patience with the issues of late. I am well aware of my shortcomings and will be trying to shorten lead times!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Hi End Cables
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › USPS TRACKING HELP!! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Weiss DAC-202 220v/230v/240v 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 8 minutes ago
- › Music for 18 Musicians 9 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2