I emailed this guy three times requesting a recable. He has not emailed me back. Very unprofessional.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cable wrap Last post on 1/2/11 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommended extension cable for my Shure SRH840? Last post on 12/7/10 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jaben ES8 Cable? Last post on 2/14/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Grado SR-60 recable - Any recommendations? Last post on 11/23/10 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
BTG-Audio - Page 13post #181 of 1935/19/15 at 6:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 1935/21/15 at 6:54pmQuote:
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a similar situation. Except I've already paid for the cable (a month ago) and haven't received it yet.
He did reply once about two weeks ago that my cable is "first in the queue" - I suppose I should feel bad for everyone behind me in line.post #183 of 1935/24/15 at 2:27ampost #184 of 1935/24/15 at 7:15am
It was the same for me too, where I emailed a couple times over a period of 2-3 months waiting... The cable eventually came; he has a large backlog to work through most of the time I believe. Just be patient, he does really nice work.post #185 of 1935/24/15 at 12:40pmpost #186 of 1935/24/15 at 12:52pmpost #187 of 1935/24/15 at 2:58pmIn his defense I believe he is in school and makes cables in his free time. If his school work is behind, what's going to cost him more, losing a couple orders or having to retake a class? Priorities.
Updating the site to indicate something like this would be a good idea though.post #188 of 1935/24/15 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
In his defense I believe he is in school and makes cables in his free time. If his school work is behind, what's going to cost him more, losing a couple orders or having to retake a class? Priorities.
Updating the site to indicate something like this would be a good idea though.
He is in school and does this as he can. I spoke to him at one time when my cable was MIA for something like 8 weeks. He was apologetic, but I told him that communication was the key. Let people know what is going on and they can more easily deal with delays.
Yes changing the wait time indicated on his page would be one good way, at least a step towards the start of this process. Answering email messages would also be quite helpful.
The thing that must be remembered is that he is holding peoples' money... and sometimes pretty expensive equipment. Easy to see how folks could start to get anxious as the promised date goes by with no communication!!post #189 of 1935/26/15 at 9:22pm
BTG makes AMAZING cables and is a really awesome guy. I've dealt with him a bunch of times and outside of the wait, I've been hugely satisfied. I had a couple of projects I wanted him to do within the past couple of years and he said he wouldn't have the time to do it for me. So I went looking around head-fi and stumbled upon casper. He doesn't have the reputation of BTG but his quality is on par and he's not bogged down with school and tons of orders like BTG. And in NO WAY! do I want to take away business from BTG, but if he's not able to fulfill all the orders he has I say give Casper a try.post #190 of 1936/20/15 at 10:13pm
I am caught up now as its the summer. I do try to post updates on my facebook page as it's more situational than the website. I'd like to reiterate, that I do need to get out existing orders before taking on new ones as it would be bad business to continually take money and not put out a product at the same demand. I am working on some way to communicate this over email via something automated to save a LOT of time as people don't usually read whats on the website or facebook.
Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's patience with the issues of late. I am well aware of my shortcomings and will be trying to shorten lead times!
BTG-Audiopost #191 of 1939/6/15 at 4:56pm
Just wanted to update and say it's been about 9 months since I've gotten BTG's cable and it still works beautifully. I use my Westone 3's every day and am so glad I decided to wait it out to get the cables. He does quality work and I would happily buy from him again.post #192 of 1939/9/15 at 12:44pm
I just had my Ultrasone Signature Pros reterminated for balanced cables by Brian, and I'm very satisfied with the price, time, and end result. It took 2.5 weeks from him receiving my headphones for me to receive them back in the mail. Yes, that's INCLUDING return shipping time!
I'm not home right now so I don't have pictures. Instead of mounting the connectors directly into the cup, he has a short lead cable coming out of each cup. I will admit it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it doesn't look bad when a cable is plugged in. Most likely it was done this way since the Sig Pro has such small cups and adding the connectors directly would have taken too much space. You can definitely tell the headphones were modified, but it's not really a big negative for me. The lead cables are good quality, and if I hadn't already lined up a cable with a friend, I would definitely consider buying a cable from Brian as well.
BTW... Even with the cheapo cable I have on hand and using my phone as a source, the improvement in these headphones is blowing me away. This model really deserved a little more love from Ultrasone than it got to reach its full potential.post #193 of 1939/26/15 at 1:37am
Brian was introduced by a friend that said he did quality custom work and he has proven that point for twice by rejuvenating my Shure 530's and UM3X's with removable cables as well as supplied his signature Sunrise cable. He does quality work and very reasonable pricing. His turnaround time has been very good and I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for quality at a reasonable price point.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Hi End Cables
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 48 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 54 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Ottawa Regional meet - September 2015 - respond here 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2