or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions - Page 24

post #346 of 671

 

 

Quote:
Well got mine but having a lot of problems getting the driver installed on Win7 64-bit  Keep getting unknown device.

Make sure you're getting the driver from the iBasso website.  Windows won't find it on its own.  I also tried to disable and re-enable the USB ports.  Not sure what combination of things worked but it's working now.  

 

Haven't had the problem of it stopping tonight but I also can't find how to set it as priority.  

post #347 of 671

Best way to install the driver is to plug it in then the new hardware pops up then install the driver thru  the window installer. But the easiest usb/spdif converter I've encountered was the fiio e10. Pretty much just plug n play

post #348 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhaxx View Post

Have you installed the driver? If you did try plugging it into a different port after you restarted your computer


Yes I have, and tried different ports also, no luck

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCanhead View Post

Foxjam seemed to have a similar issue (using Win 7 64bit) and mentioned that uninstalling/reinstalling the driver finally did the trick.


Tried that also, no luck.

 

post #349 of 671

I have no idea here, sometimes it will show up as unsupported device, then sometimes as XMOS XS1-L1 but will say device cannot start (Error 10)

 

It's not the D7 because it works on my mac

post #350 of 671

error.jpg

 

That's what I get

post #351 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhaxx View Post

But the easiest usb/spdif converter I've encountered was the fiio e10. Pretty much just plug n play


Fiio E10 is not a USB Class 2.0 Audio device.

 

 

Starfire: Have you tried powering up the D7 and leave it on all the way before you even boot up your Windows? Windows seems to be able to work better with devices that is connected to it prior to booting.

post #352 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post


You need to know that Mac is different. =)

The error message will appear even when there is nothing else plugged to all the other USB ports
 



i was replying to foxjam, which I believe using windows.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxjam View Post

 

 

Make sure you're getting the driver from the iBasso website.  Windows won't find it on its own.  I also tried to disable and re-enable the USB ports.  Not sure what combination of things worked but it's working now.  

 

Haven't had the problem of it stopping tonight but I also can't find how to set it as priority.  


may I ask what app you're using as music player?

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post


Fiio E10 is not a USB Class 2.0 Audio device.

 

 

Starfire: Have you tried powering up the D7 and leave it on all the way before you even boot up your Windows? Windows seems to be able to work better with devices that is connected to it prior to booting.

 

IME installing hardware on windows usually install the driver 1st, before connecting the hardware. in D7 case install the driver, then connect the D7 when it ask you to connect it.
 

 

post #353 of 671

What's the difference between the front Line Out and the rear Analog out?

Which one of those is controlled by the volume?

which one turns off when you plug an headphone in?

post #354 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimLaroux View Post

What's the difference between the front Line Out and the rear Analog out?

Which one of those is controlled by the volume?

which one turns off when you plug an headphone in?



both line out are not controlled by volume. its line level

post #355 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieScent View Post



i was replying to foxjam, which I believe using windows.


 


may I ask what app you're using as music player?

 

 

IME installing hardware on windows usually install the driver 1st, before connecting the hardware. in D7 case install the driver, then connect the D7 when it ask you to connect it.
 

 


I've only been using Spotify and iTunes thus far.  Mostly Spotify.  Haven't tried Windows Media Player.  Didn't really like Foobar.  Thinking about trying JRiver. 
 

 

post #356 of 671

JRiver is a nice "full featured" player - I especially like the Theater View with a remote control and a 50" display.

 

For a simpler player I like XMPLAY.  This is what I used on my PC when I am using the PC for other tasks while listening.

post #357 of 671

Well I figured out my problem, it was the cable.  I have a nice gold plated thick USB cable I use for about everything, but I guess not the D7, as soon as I used the supplied cable it was recognized.  First time I've ever had that happen to me with USB.

post #358 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post

Well I figured out my problem, it was the cable.  I have a nice gold plated thick USB cable I use for about everything, but I guess not the D7, as soon as I used the supplied cable it was recognized.  First time I've ever had that happen to me with USB.



 Glad to hear it's resolved! Time to enjoy the music...

post #359 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCanhead View Post



 Glad to hear it's resolved! Time to enjoy the music...



Amen to that, sounds quite nice for no break in, also drives my HD650's pretty well by itself though most of the time it's through an amp.

post #360 of 671

Some promised pictures of the silver.  Even though it looks like the text is faint, it's just the flash drowning them out.

 

d7a.jpg

 

d7b.jpg

 

d7c.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions