I wish someone could tell me if it works with an iPad camera connection kit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 6/22/12
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 6/22/12
- productiBasso D7tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Would AD700 benefit from iBasso D4 Mamba? Last post on 8/17/11 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- good portable amp for grado325is? Last post on 1/25/11 at 2:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Broken iBasso D4? Help? Last post on 11/3/11 at 11:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D10 Cobra or iBasso D4 Mamba Last post on 8/28/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which amps go well with PRO 2900? Last post on 5/25/12 at 1:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions - Page 10post #136 of 6711/27/12 at 7:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 6711/27/12 at 8:08ampost #138 of 6711/27/12 at 8:18am
You have to select your new audio device in the control panel under audio section.
After that your player will use it by default.
Quote:post #139 of 6711/27/12 at 8:20amQuote:
you need to give more info than just not working.
do the computer recognize the device?post #140 of 6711/27/12 at 8:37am
Got it. Thank you.post #141 of 6711/27/12 at 8:39am
Yes, but sound still came out of the laptop. Anyway, it's fixed now. Thankspost #142 of 6711/30/12 at 7:03am
Have some one tried to play 24/192 FLAC files, I'm experiencing some short little sound, just a fast "tic" that occur several times at the begining of the song or in quieter transition. Is not constant but annoying. Maybe that my old PC, but the CPU load is very low. 24/96 files play just perfectly.post #143 of 6711/30/12 at 8:34amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Migou67
Have some one tried to play 24/192 FLAC files, I'm experiencing some short little sound, just a fast "tic" that occur several times at the begining of the song or in quieter transition. Is not constant but annoying. Maybe that my old PC, but the CPU load is very low. 24/96 files play just perfectly.
My D7 plays 24/192 Flac files just fine. I am using a Linux-based computer (Ubuntu 10.04 OS) I hear no artifacts such as you describe.
Edited by HiFlight - 1/30/12 at 8:35ampost #144 of 6711/30/12 at 9:10am
I'm using a Fedora Core 15 KDE, I have try with Xine and GStreamer framework under Amarok with Phonon backend, VLC have the same problem. Maybe some thing wrong with the USB on this 4 years old laptop, I can not use my Maverick D1 on this PC, to many hiss with the USB, but with de D7 nada :)
I will check in the bios this evening and try another port and if the problem presist I will try in another PC.I think is time to change it, many thanks for your help.post #145 of 6711/30/12 at 12:47pm
Problem solved, but I'm not sure of the source, I have disable "USB Legacy" support and "USB Sleep & Power" in BIOS. Under Fedora 15 you have Alsa and Pulseaudio installed, Amarok is using Pulseaudio with a plugin to alsa (alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-1.0.24-2.fc15.i686). Now I'm use Audacious player because you can choice which architecture you want to use. The sound with ALSA is much better and no more problem in 24/192 :)post #146 of 6711/30/12 at 12:57pm
Migou67 how do you compare D7 to your desktop rig Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 AMP + D1 DAC ? Not in terms of sound flavor but in terms of overall SQ, sound stage, presentation, detail, etc. Of course I know that D1 - A1 combo costs 400$ but am curious about D7 in comparison. To me it seems that D7 hits far beyond its price point. Hope there is a good sense to start audiophile career with D7 for desktop part.post #147 of 6711/30/12 at 1:40pm
I'm not an expert and my english is so so :) but for me the D7 is much better than the D1 alone and much more functional, (he have to be compared with the D2) the DAC is better than the one in the D1, the amp also and you can select the gain. But I'm using the D7 with the A1 and the sound is more better than the D7 alone with my HD650. The D7 alone with my studio monitor (Beringher B2031A) directly connected is juste amazing ! Is better to start with the D7 without a doubt and with IEM it shine :)
Edited by Migou67 - 1/30/12 at 1:44pmpost #148 of 6711/30/12 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by TiEx
Migou67 how do you compare D7 to your desktop rig Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 AMP + D1 DAC ? Not in terms of sound flavor but in terms of overall SQ, sound stage, presentation, detail, etc. Of course I know that D1 - A1 combo costs 400$ but am curious about D7 in comparison. To me it seems that D7 hits far beyond its price point. Hope there is a good sense to start audiophile career with D7 for desktop part.
The Maverick D1, when used solely as a DAC, is better (subjectively) than the D7. Regarding the headphone out of the D1, after opamp rolling (which costs less than USD10), it is able to drive difficult to drive cans with greater authority and great sound. However, it does not do well with IEMs due to noise.
If you take out A1 out of the equation (which makes it Maverick D1 vs iBasso D7), both have their own strength and weakness. The ultimate choice will have to be the headphones you are using them with. For IEMs, I see no further than D7. For full size headphones, it has got to be a case by case basis.post #149 of 6711/30/12 at 6:11pm
Hi there, I am looking for a dac+amp for my sony ex1000 that will connect to my laptop. I already own fiio e7. Would D7 make a whole lot of difference with my IEM.
As EX1000 is quite neutral and bright, would the pairing be good? I dont want them to sound sterile.
Edited by mukulymn - 1/30/12 at 6:13pmpost #150 of 6711/30/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
You won't be disappointed by the D7. It is not an analytical and sterile/cold sounding equipment.
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 14 seconds ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Modi2/magni2 Hd 650 clear but harsh. 2 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 4 minutes ago
- › General headphone questions 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › iFi launch - DC iPurifier. Kills DC noise 316x > 100,000x 7 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear