Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions - Page 8

post #106 of 664

I will receice my D7 today  ... I'll my impressions later .... Can't wait :)

post #107 of 664

I have not received a confirmation from iBasso, just from Paypal, I hope my order is going well  ?

post #108 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migou67 View Post

I have not received a confirmation from iBasso, just from Paypal, I hope my order is going well  ?



You will get an email when they ship it.

post #109 of 664

Good to know, thanks.

post #110 of 664

They are extremely prompt....and this thing is my only DAC I use at present, may buy another for my office at work!

post #111 of 664

Help, I have installed the driver plug my D7  reboot the system and the sound still come out od my laptop speaker ???

post #112 of 664

Problem solve ... I begin my listenning session!

post #113 of 664

Here is a qick review of the D7

 

I have use the D7 for a good 8 to 10 hours now mostly with my Klipsh Image One and my M-Audio AV-40 and I can tell that the DAC perform very well and the sound quality is a large step up for any internal DaC I have listen too an can be favorably compare to ANY external DAC in it's price range. 

 

I would say that If you only need a DAC, and that you are willing to send $100 more the DACport LX perform a little bit better.

 

As for the Amp, It is quite good in my opinion, I found the soundstage to be a little bit narrow in a few occasions but the imaging is really realy good. (Note that I have easy to drive headphone)

 

I am very please with my purchase and for $175 I would recommend it to anyone looking for a DAC or DAC/Amp combo.  Awesome performance for the price!

 

  

 

 

 

post #114 of 664

D7 is very versatile imo.

 

dont have amp/dac? use it as one

have new amp? use it as dac

have new dac and have an amp? use it as digital transport

 

considering how a digital transport usually priced about the same or higher I'd say D7 is really a steal.


Edited by IndieScent - 1/21/12 at 4:58am
post #115 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by G00dband View Post

Here is a qick review of the D7

 

I have use the D7 for a good 8 to 10 hours now mostly with my Klipsh Image One and my M-Audio AV-40 and I can tell that the DAC perform very well and the sound quality is a large step up for any internal DaC I have listen too an can be favorably compare to ANY external DAC in it's price range. 

 

I would say that If you only need a DAC, and that you are willing to send $100 more the DACport LX perform a little bit better.

 

As for the Amp, It is quite good in my opinion, I found the soundstage to be a little bit narrow in a few occasions but the imaging is really realy good. (Note that I have easy to drive headphone)

 

I am very please with my purchase and for $175 I would recommend it to anyone looking for a DAC or DAC/Amp combo.  Awesome performance for the price!

 

  

 

 

 


Very helpful review. thanks

 

post #116 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by G00dband View Post

As for the Amp, It is quite good in my opinion, I found the soundstage to be a little bit narrow in a few occasions but the imaging is really realy good. (Note that I have easy to drive headphone)



The soundstage will improve drastically after 60hours. Give it more time.

 

Out of the box it sounds congested but that is expected from a device that has so many caps.

post #117 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post



The soundstage will improve drastically after 60hours. Give it more time.

 

Out of the box it sounds congested but that is expected from a device that has so many caps.

Agree here. Almost all iBasso portable amps improve with burn-in. Some can hear improvements even after 200 hours of play time. A lot of caps means a lot of burn-in. beyersmile.png
 

 

post #118 of 664

Let's make it an intensive  listening week-end then! gs1000.gif

post #119 of 664

IMG_1212-2.jpgIMG_1212-1.jpg

 

 

SEXY in the dark!!!!

 

D7 feeding the P4---DIY silver IC....feeding LCD-2


NIRVANA!!!

 

 

THANK YOU IBASSO...JAMATO (suggesting the LCD-2) & HIFLIGHT!!!

 

 


Edited by paulybatz - 1/21/12 at 9:49am
post #120 of 664

Greetings,

 

I'm curious to know if the D7 supports "integer mode" through playback via Audirvana, for instance? 

 

Thanks for any information.

 

Best,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions