I wouldn't expect different tubes to give the WA6 any significant power difference. It does drive my HE-4s well but I reckon that's not the same as an HE-500.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 67post #991 of 148510/26/13 at 1:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 148510/27/13 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by radiomir
Thanks for the input. I've been looking at the HD 650 and LCD-2 as open-ear upgrades to my HD 595s. I wish the TH900 were more widely available for trial because I think you are right about specific frequency related brightness sensitivity. Some speakers and headphones that are "bright" don't bother me and some do.
Also, for those using equalizers, are using software equalizers in your media player or a physical unit?
It looks like earlier posts indicate that HE-500 doesn't play well (or as well compared to 600/650 and LCD-2) with WA6. I wonder if this is still the case with upgraded tubes?
You're welcome. :)
I use Equalizer APO which is open source and has an unlimited number of bands which gives extreme flexibility. You create each setting in a txt file. It can be a bit daunting, but it is pretty straight forward and very easy if you just use a template and adjust it to your liking.post #993 of 148511/7/13 at 6:36ampost #994 of 148511/7/13 at 6:50amQuote:
I find it an excellent comination IMHO, drives it with authority. With a Sofia Princess and a couple of fat bottle 6FD7's (with some burn in) you wont regret it!post #995 of 148511/7/13 at 9:58ampost #996 of 148511/7/13 at 11:16amQuote:
I felt like you got the most out of using the 6fd7 tubes, the others are not powerful enough. Anyways the wa6-se is good with he-500 and the right tubes.
Anyways, also consider the wa7, jack woo says it drives the he-500 better than wa6sepost #997 of 148511/7/13 at 6:28pmHry guys I recently got a WA6 and initially I am finding it a bit too aggressive in the upper mids. Snare drums and female vocals are sounding too bright with my RS1 and AD2KX. I swapped in a JJ GZ34 and it was a bit better than the stock tube (sovtek?). The driver tubes are RCA 6FD7s. I was wondering in your experience(s) what tube combo would warm up those mids?post #998 of 148511/7/13 at 6:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by bassboysam
Hry guys I recently got a WA6 and initially I am finding it a bit too aggressive in the upper mids. Snare drums and female vocals are sounding too bright with my RS1 and AD2KX. I swapped in a JJ GZ34 and it was a bit better than the stock tube (sovtek?). The driver tubes are RCA 6FD7s. I was wondering in your experience(s) what tube combo would warm up those mids?
all GZ34 tend to be forward and not very warm.
try 5U4G or 5R4GYpost #999 of 148511/7/13 at 7:02pmpost #1000 of 148511/7/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
I never have the volume above 10 o'clock with the 6DE7. you must be a headbanger. I like both types with the HE-500 for different moods/music. The GE 6DE7/HE-500 pairing is fantastic on vocals.post #1001 of 148511/8/13 at 3:47ampost #1002 of 148511/8/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Oh it gets loud enough but i notice a lack of dynamics and it tends to reach the clip point much easier. Kinda like a he-6 lacking power but getting loud enough and calling it "ideal" when its really just barely enoughpost #1003 of 148511/8/13 at 7:36ampost #1004 of 148511/9/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Tube rolling is cheap on this amp. Check out Jim at vacuumtubes.com. If you don't see what you want on his website just email him. If you request matched pairs its 2$ per tube. There isn't much on ebay, but these tubes are readily available. I assume its because fleabayers would rather sell megabucks tubes.
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 4 seconds ago
- › HI fi is so damn addictive ! 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 58 seconds ago
- › Review: SoundMAGIC HP200 - An Excellent Open Back Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Perfect VLC EQ Settings 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Roxanne custom 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)