i like HD 600/650 out of WA6/WA6-SE more than WA2, the WA2 makes them too slow and lush
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 62post #916 of 23028/21/13 at 4:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 23028/22/13 at 3:01ampost #918 of 23028/22/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Agree with you. Tried this combination and I think the sound is too smooth, to the point where I think it's boring. WA6Se seems to add more punch to these relatively dark cans. HD800, on the other hand, seems to match better with WA2. I think HD800 is too bright and brittle with WA6Se.Quote:
Those look like RCA to me.post #919 of 23028/23/13 at 10:52pmpost #920 of 23028/24/13 at 12:02ampost #921 of 23028/24/13 at 12:28amQuote:
I highly doubt that, the DacMagic 100 isn't that bad of a dac I mean its not like im using something thats very low end, i just can't really justify spending a grand on a dac, also to my ears I couldn't tell the difference between the DacMagic100 and my friends grace design m903. You are bound to notice more audible differences rolling tubes...post #922 of 23028/25/13 at 7:52amQuote:
That's a sweet combination. I did replace the Sophia with a 596, requires an adaptor, and that seems a little better but you're pretty close to ideal, IMO. I'm also not sure throwing money at a more expensive dac would solve much. I'm happy with my DacIT.post #923 of 23028/25/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
Yeah I really want to try the 596 but i have no idea were to source the adapter from, nor find the tubepost #924 of 23028/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #925 of 23028/25/13 at 7:54pmpost #926 of 23028/25/13 at 8:28pmI just tried my denon d2000s for the first time in a while to listen to some hip hop, tried them on the wa6 expecting them to sound poor and distorted because of the high output impedance of the amp but man I am shocked. With the 6FD7 and Princess the bass presence is incredible and it just seems to be so dynamic and clear, I wouldn't have expected these to sound so good out of a tube amp. My guess is the higher end denon/fostex models pair this well too?post #927 of 23028/25/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
gotta just wait for them to pop up on ebay, theres a guy that sells them every once in a while too, but i haven't seen any in a while.
and i try to grab them too as wellpost #928 of 23028/26/13 at 12:20amQuote:
As DG said, there's a seller on eBay that pops up once in awhile
for the adapter, I got mine from Woo Audio themselves, perhaps try shoot them an email if there is stock available.post #929 of 23028/26/13 at 6:01am
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Opamp thread just now
- › Headphones for a fusion lover 9 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 16 seconds ago
- › The itch for something new - "Fun" closed back 43 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 54 seconds ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › New jvc ha fr202v extreme explosives iems 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2