i like HD 600/650 out of WA6/WA6-SE more than WA2, the WA2 makes them too slow and lush
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 62post #916 of 20988/21/13 at 4:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 20988/22/13 at 3:01ampost #918 of 20988/22/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Agree with you. Tried this combination and I think the sound is too smooth, to the point where I think it's boring. WA6Se seems to add more punch to these relatively dark cans. HD800, on the other hand, seems to match better with WA2. I think HD800 is too bright and brittle with WA6Se.Quote:
Those look like RCA to me.post #919 of 20988/23/13 at 10:52pmpost #920 of 20988/24/13 at 12:02ampost #921 of 20988/24/13 at 12:28amQuote:
I highly doubt that, the DacMagic 100 isn't that bad of a dac I mean its not like im using something thats very low end, i just can't really justify spending a grand on a dac, also to my ears I couldn't tell the difference between the DacMagic100 and my friends grace design m903. You are bound to notice more audible differences rolling tubes...post #922 of 20988/25/13 at 7:52amQuote:
That's a sweet combination. I did replace the Sophia with a 596, requires an adaptor, and that seems a little better but you're pretty close to ideal, IMO. I'm also not sure throwing money at a more expensive dac would solve much. I'm happy with my DacIT.post #923 of 20988/25/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
Yeah I really want to try the 596 but i have no idea were to source the adapter from, nor find the tubepost #924 of 20988/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #925 of 20988/25/13 at 7:54pmpost #926 of 20988/25/13 at 8:28pmI just tried my denon d2000s for the first time in a while to listen to some hip hop, tried them on the wa6 expecting them to sound poor and distorted because of the high output impedance of the amp but man I am shocked. With the 6FD7 and Princess the bass presence is incredible and it just seems to be so dynamic and clear, I wouldn't have expected these to sound so good out of a tube amp. My guess is the higher end denon/fostex models pair this well too?post #927 of 20988/25/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
gotta just wait for them to pop up on ebay, theres a guy that sells them every once in a while too, but i haven't seen any in a while.
and i try to grab them too as wellpost #928 of 20988/26/13 at 12:20amQuote:
As DG said, there's a seller on eBay that pops up once in awhile
for the adapter, I got mine from Woo Audio themselves, perhaps try shoot them an email if there is stock available.post #929 of 20988/26/13 at 6:01am
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FS: Stock Sennheiser HD800 cable 58 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Portable amp for phone ? Newbie 6 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2