i like HD 600/650 out of WA6/WA6-SE more than WA2, the WA2 makes them too slow and lush
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 62post #916 of 26738/21/13 at 4:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 26738/22/13 at 3:01ampost #918 of 26738/22/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Agree with you. Tried this combination and I think the sound is too smooth, to the point where I think it's boring. WA6Se seems to add more punch to these relatively dark cans. HD800, on the other hand, seems to match better with WA2. I think HD800 is too bright and brittle with WA6Se.Quote:
Those look like RCA to me.post #919 of 26738/23/13 at 10:52pmpost #920 of 26738/24/13 at 12:02ampost #921 of 26738/24/13 at 12:28amQuote:
I highly doubt that, the DacMagic 100 isn't that bad of a dac I mean its not like im using something thats very low end, i just can't really justify spending a grand on a dac, also to my ears I couldn't tell the difference between the DacMagic100 and my friends grace design m903. You are bound to notice more audible differences rolling tubes...post #922 of 26738/25/13 at 7:52amQuote:
That's a sweet combination. I did replace the Sophia with a 596, requires an adaptor, and that seems a little better but you're pretty close to ideal, IMO. I'm also not sure throwing money at a more expensive dac would solve much. I'm happy with my DacIT.post #923 of 26738/25/13 at 6:57pmQuote:
Yeah I really want to try the 596 but i have no idea were to source the adapter from, nor find the tubepost #924 of 26738/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #925 of 26738/25/13 at 7:54pmpost #926 of 26738/25/13 at 8:28pmI just tried my denon d2000s for the first time in a while to listen to some hip hop, tried them on the wa6 expecting them to sound poor and distorted because of the high output impedance of the amp but man I am shocked. With the 6FD7 and Princess the bass presence is incredible and it just seems to be so dynamic and clear, I wouldn't have expected these to sound so good out of a tube amp. My guess is the higher end denon/fostex models pair this well too?post #927 of 26738/25/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
gotta just wait for them to pop up on ebay, theres a guy that sells them every once in a while too, but i haven't seen any in a while.
and i try to grab them too as wellpost #928 of 26738/26/13 at 12:20amQuote:
As DG said, there's a seller on eBay that pops up once in awhile
for the adapter, I got mine from Woo Audio themselves, perhaps try shoot them an email if there is stock available.post #929 of 26738/26/13 at 6:01am
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-CD900ST, why don't these get more love? 2 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...