i like HD 600/650 out of WA6/WA6-SE more than WA2, the WA2 makes them too slow and lush
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
- Headphone Impedance
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 62
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Agree with you. Tried this combination and I think the sound is too smooth, to the point where I think it's boring. WA6Se seems to add more punch to these relatively dark cans. HD800, on the other hand, seems to match better with WA2. I think HD800 is too bright and brittle with WA6Se.
Those look like RCA to me.
I highly doubt that, the DacMagic 100 isn't that bad of a dac I mean its not like im using something thats very low end, i just can't really justify spending a grand on a dac, also to my ears I couldn't tell the difference between the DacMagic100 and my friends grace design m903. You are bound to notice more audible differences rolling tubes...
That's a sweet combination. I did replace the Sophia with a 596, requires an adaptor, and that seems a little better but you're pretty close to ideal, IMO. I'm also not sure throwing money at a more expensive dac would solve much. I'm happy with my DacIT.
Yeah I really want to try the 596 but i have no idea were to source the adapter from, nor find the tube
gotta just wait for them to pop up on ebay, theres a guy that sells them every once in a while too, but i haven't seen any in a while.
and i try to grab them too as well
As DG said, there's a seller on eBay that pops up once in awhile
for the adapter, I got mine from Woo Audio themselves, perhaps try shoot them an email if there is stock available.
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- › ibasso dx50 16 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 2 minutes ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob