Hi,All quick question is it possible for a 6GL7->6DE7 Teflon tube adapter to stop working? If so why what has happened?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
- Headphone Impedance
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, that's the one. I almost pulled the trigger but the price + import charge (I don't know when eBay start collecting this as it should be my responsibility to clear the customs when it arrives) + delivery charge to my place make it a whooping 590$. I mean, well, if it's "that" great, it may be worth it, but with that price I can get me another WA3, so I'd better check with you guys.
So I will look for a generic CV378 then.
yeah at 590$ ur only like 200 dollars off from a WE 274B/422A
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/24/13 at 5:06pm
This might sound silly, but did you check the tube? That's the most likely source of the problem. Other than that maybe it was improperly soldered and there was a short? Or one of the pins/receptacle might not be making adequate contact?
Hi, the tube is fine tried it in the over adapter , the tube lights up but no sound? out of that channel.
Interesting! Well, if you narrowed it down to an issue with the adapter by keeping the left tube on the left side but swapping the adapter over and noticing the loss of sound on the other channel... I'd say it really could be an issue with the adapter. I'd email Jack (or whoever you got the adapter from) and see what they think and can do for you.
Yup, swap the tubes and see if the lost channel stays on the same side.
The Woo adaptors come open really easily, just an allen key and you're in. If you have a multi-meter you can check each male pin to its female side to see where the issue lies.
HD 650, K701/2, LCD-2, Denon D7000, Fostex TH-900, those are the best i've noticed to pair good with WA6-SE. ive heard several other reports of good synergy with these headphones from other members as well.
T1 isn't very good with WA6-SE, too brittle and SS sounding, HD 800 is decent but requires good tubes, HE-500 as well, lower beyer and grados are good as well but nothing amazing (though i did enjoy the RS1i quite a bit from the WA6-SE).
I find the T1 with WA6 to be really good - I imagine the T1 with the WA2 must be incredible.
If a budget were around 2k in total- what would be the best set up for listening to 75-80% choral and classical music 20-25% rock jazz etc. I have a WA6 + Sophia (lots of tubes) and T1 which I enjoy but am just wondering...?
i prefer HD 800 for classical, though T1 rocks better, both great for jazz.
the WA2 would be better than WA6, but would require tube upgrades to really get the most out of it.
not sure what u could get for 2k though, or if that includes dac or whatnot.
Just headphone and amp: ok hd800 + wa2 (over 2k but curious). Thanks!
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 9 seconds ago
- › Head Amp Pico Slim (silver) 21 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude