Hi,All quick question is it possible for a 6GL7->6DE7 Teflon tube adapter to stop working? If so why what has happened?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 58post #856 of 20507/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 20507/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #858 of 20507/24/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by PrTv
Yeah, that's the one. I almost pulled the trigger but the price + import charge (I don't know when eBay start collecting this as it should be my responsibility to clear the customs when it arrives) + delivery charge to my place make it a whooping 590$. I mean, well, if it's "that" great, it may be worth it, but with that price I can get me another WA3, so I'd better check with you guys.
So I will look for a generic CV378 then.
yeah at 590$ ur only like 200 dollars off from a WE 274B/422A
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/24/13 at 5:06pmpost #859 of 20507/24/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
This might sound silly, but did you check the tube? That's the most likely source of the problem. Other than that maybe it was improperly soldered and there was a short? Or one of the pins/receptacle might not be making adequate contact?post #860 of 20507/24/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Hi, the tube is fine tried it in the over adapter , the tube lights up but no sound? out of that channel.post #861 of 20507/24/13 at 10:34pm
Interesting! Well, if you narrowed it down to an issue with the adapter by keeping the left tube on the left side but swapping the adapter over and noticing the loss of sound on the other channel... I'd say it really could be an issue with the adapter. I'd email Jack (or whoever you got the adapter from) and see what they think and can do for you.post #862 of 20507/25/13 at 2:20am
Yup, swap the tubes and see if the lost channel stays on the same side.
The Woo adaptors come open really easily, just an allen key and you're in. If you have a multi-meter you can check each male pin to its female side to see where the issue lies.post #863 of 20507/27/13 at 11:36amI'm finding the GE 6DR7 to be just right with the PS-1000s, with the HE-500 they were pretty, well bland. The 6DE7s(that I loved with the HE-500s) gives the grados too much of an upward tilt in the treble. I have yet to find 6FD7s that are "right" in the midrange in either phone. Shame cuz I really like the bass and dynamics on those tubes.post #864 of 20507/27/13 at 1:54pmpost #865 of 20507/27/13 at 3:24pmSylvania and GE 6fd7s, I have a pair of RCA I haven't tried yet. I figure I should stop swapping tubes until these cans have another hundred or so hours on them, then I will revisit the 6fd7s. Images and textures are quite palpable on the 6DR7s though, funny because these tubes were so blaah on the HE-500.post #866 of 20507/27/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
HD 650, K701/2, LCD-2, Denon D7000, Fostex TH-900, those are the best i've noticed to pair good with WA6-SE. ive heard several other reports of good synergy with these headphones from other members as well.
T1 isn't very good with WA6-SE, too brittle and SS sounding, HD 800 is decent but requires good tubes, HE-500 as well, lower beyer and grados are good as well but nothing amazing (though i did enjoy the RS1i quite a bit from the WA6-SE).
I find the T1 with WA6 to be really good - I imagine the T1 with the WA2 must be incredible.post #867 of 20507/27/13 at 5:35pmpost #868 of 20507/27/13 at 7:35pm
If a budget were around 2k in total- what would be the best set up for listening to 75-80% choral and classical music 20-25% rock jazz etc. I have a WA6 + Sophia (lots of tubes) and T1 which I enjoy but am just wondering...?post #869 of 20507/27/13 at 7:45pm
i prefer HD 800 for classical, though T1 rocks better, both great for jazz.
the WA2 would be better than WA6, but would require tube upgrades to really get the most out of it.
not sure what u could get for 2k though, or if that includes dac or whatnot.post #870 of 20507/27/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Just headphone and amp: ok hd800 + wa2 (over 2k but curious). Thanks!
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet 18 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 33 seconds ago
- › (FS) Zero Audio Tenore 55 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Mi Headphones by Xiaomi (1 New Review Feb. 25, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › About Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2