Hi,All quick question is it possible for a 6GL7->6DE7 Teflon tube adapter to stop working? If so why what has happened?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 58post #856 of 16007/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 16007/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #858 of 16007/24/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by PrTv
Yeah, that's the one. I almost pulled the trigger but the price + import charge (I don't know when eBay start collecting this as it should be my responsibility to clear the customs when it arrives) + delivery charge to my place make it a whooping 590$. I mean, well, if it's "that" great, it may be worth it, but with that price I can get me another WA3, so I'd better check with you guys.
So I will look for a generic CV378 then.
yeah at 590$ ur only like 200 dollars off from a WE 274B/422A
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/24/13 at 5:06pmpost #859 of 16007/24/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
This might sound silly, but did you check the tube? That's the most likely source of the problem. Other than that maybe it was improperly soldered and there was a short? Or one of the pins/receptacle might not be making adequate contact?post #860 of 16007/24/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Hi, the tube is fine tried it in the over adapter , the tube lights up but no sound? out of that channel.post #861 of 16007/24/13 at 10:34pm
Interesting! Well, if you narrowed it down to an issue with the adapter by keeping the left tube on the left side but swapping the adapter over and noticing the loss of sound on the other channel... I'd say it really could be an issue with the adapter. I'd email Jack (or whoever you got the adapter from) and see what they think and can do for you.post #862 of 16007/25/13 at 2:20am
Yup, swap the tubes and see if the lost channel stays on the same side.
The Woo adaptors come open really easily, just an allen key and you're in. If you have a multi-meter you can check each male pin to its female side to see where the issue lies.post #863 of 16007/27/13 at 11:36amI'm finding the GE 6DR7 to be just right with the PS-1000s, with the HE-500 they were pretty, well bland. The 6DE7s(that I loved with the HE-500s) gives the grados too much of an upward tilt in the treble. I have yet to find 6FD7s that are "right" in the midrange in either phone. Shame cuz I really like the bass and dynamics on those tubes.post #864 of 16007/27/13 at 1:54pmpost #865 of 16007/27/13 at 3:24pmSylvania and GE 6fd7s, I have a pair of RCA I haven't tried yet. I figure I should stop swapping tubes until these cans have another hundred or so hours on them, then I will revisit the 6fd7s. Images and textures are quite palpable on the 6DR7s though, funny because these tubes were so blaah on the HE-500.post #866 of 16007/27/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
HD 650, K701/2, LCD-2, Denon D7000, Fostex TH-900, those are the best i've noticed to pair good with WA6-SE. ive heard several other reports of good synergy with these headphones from other members as well.
T1 isn't very good with WA6-SE, too brittle and SS sounding, HD 800 is decent but requires good tubes, HE-500 as well, lower beyer and grados are good as well but nothing amazing (though i did enjoy the RS1i quite a bit from the WA6-SE).
I find the T1 with WA6 to be really good - I imagine the T1 with the WA2 must be incredible.post #867 of 16007/27/13 at 5:35pmpost #868 of 16007/27/13 at 7:35pm
If a budget were around 2k in total- what would be the best set up for listening to 75-80% choral and classical music 20-25% rock jazz etc. I have a WA6 + Sophia (lots of tubes) and T1 which I enjoy but am just wondering...?post #869 of 16007/27/13 at 7:45pm
i prefer HD 800 for classical, though T1 rocks better, both great for jazz.
the WA2 would be better than WA6, but would require tube upgrades to really get the most out of it.
not sure what u could get for 2k though, or if that includes dac or whatnot.post #870 of 16007/27/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Just headphone and amp: ok hd800 + wa2 (over 2k but curious). Thanks!
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 49 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 54 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 3 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Will Apple make a headphone amp/DAC after the Beats acquisition? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)