Hi,All quick question is it possible for a 6GL7->6DE7 Teflon tube adapter to stop working? If so why what has happened?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 58post #856 of 27637/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 27637/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #858 of 27637/24/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by PrTv
Yeah, that's the one. I almost pulled the trigger but the price + import charge (I don't know when eBay start collecting this as it should be my responsibility to clear the customs when it arrives) + delivery charge to my place make it a whooping 590$. I mean, well, if it's "that" great, it may be worth it, but with that price I can get me another WA3, so I'd better check with you guys.
So I will look for a generic CV378 then.
yeah at 590$ ur only like 200 dollars off from a WE 274B/422A
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/24/13 at 5:06pmpost #859 of 27637/24/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
This might sound silly, but did you check the tube? That's the most likely source of the problem. Other than that maybe it was improperly soldered and there was a short? Or one of the pins/receptacle might not be making adequate contact?post #860 of 27637/24/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Hi, the tube is fine tried it in the over adapter , the tube lights up but no sound? out of that channel.post #861 of 27637/24/13 at 10:34pm
Interesting! Well, if you narrowed it down to an issue with the adapter by keeping the left tube on the left side but swapping the adapter over and noticing the loss of sound on the other channel... I'd say it really could be an issue with the adapter. I'd email Jack (or whoever you got the adapter from) and see what they think and can do for you.post #862 of 27637/25/13 at 2:20am
Yup, swap the tubes and see if the lost channel stays on the same side.
The Woo adaptors come open really easily, just an allen key and you're in. If you have a multi-meter you can check each male pin to its female side to see where the issue lies.post #863 of 27637/27/13 at 11:36amI'm finding the GE 6DR7 to be just right with the PS-1000s, with the HE-500 they were pretty, well bland. The 6DE7s(that I loved with the HE-500s) gives the grados too much of an upward tilt in the treble. I have yet to find 6FD7s that are "right" in the midrange in either phone. Shame cuz I really like the bass and dynamics on those tubes.post #864 of 27637/27/13 at 1:54pmpost #865 of 27637/27/13 at 3:24pmSylvania and GE 6fd7s, I have a pair of RCA I haven't tried yet. I figure I should stop swapping tubes until these cans have another hundred or so hours on them, then I will revisit the 6fd7s. Images and textures are quite palpable on the 6DR7s though, funny because these tubes were so blaah on the HE-500.post #866 of 27637/27/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
HD 650, K701/2, LCD-2, Denon D7000, Fostex TH-900, those are the best i've noticed to pair good with WA6-SE. ive heard several other reports of good synergy with these headphones from other members as well.
T1 isn't very good with WA6-SE, too brittle and SS sounding, HD 800 is decent but requires good tubes, HE-500 as well, lower beyer and grados are good as well but nothing amazing (though i did enjoy the RS1i quite a bit from the WA6-SE).
I find the T1 with WA6 to be really good - I imagine the T1 with the WA2 must be incredible.post #867 of 27637/27/13 at 5:35pmpost #868 of 27637/27/13 at 7:35pm
If a budget were around 2k in total- what would be the best set up for listening to 75-80% choral and classical music 20-25% rock jazz etc. I have a WA6 + Sophia (lots of tubes) and T1 which I enjoy but am just wondering...?post #869 of 27637/27/13 at 7:45pm
i prefer HD 800 for classical, though T1 rocks better, both great for jazz.
the WA2 would be better than WA6, but would require tube upgrades to really get the most out of it.
not sure what u could get for 2k though, or if that includes dac or whatnot.post #870 of 27637/27/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Just headphone and amp: ok hd800 + wa2 (over 2k but curious). Thanks!
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 42 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 54 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio K10 ciem 1 minute ago
- › Noble owners: Have you found better eartips? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Wyrd, Free Ship 2 minutes ago
- › Blast From The Past :] 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › What are the most vocal rich closed back headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear