Hi,All quick question is it possible for a 6GL7->6DE7 Teflon tube adapter to stop working? If so why what has happened?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Should I sell my WA6? Last post on 8/3/11 at 11:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DNA Sonett, WA6 SE or MAD Ear+HD for Grado? Last post on 4/21/11 at 5:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3, WA2, WA6/WA6SE comparison from Jack Last post on 3/23/13 at 11:53pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 58post #856 of 26777/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 26777/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #858 of 26777/24/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by PrTv
Yeah, that's the one. I almost pulled the trigger but the price + import charge (I don't know when eBay start collecting this as it should be my responsibility to clear the customs when it arrives) + delivery charge to my place make it a whooping 590$. I mean, well, if it's "that" great, it may be worth it, but with that price I can get me another WA3, so I'd better check with you guys.
So I will look for a generic CV378 then.
yeah at 590$ ur only like 200 dollars off from a WE 274B/422A
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 7/24/13 at 5:06pmpost #859 of 26777/24/13 at 7:58pmQuote:
This might sound silly, but did you check the tube? That's the most likely source of the problem. Other than that maybe it was improperly soldered and there was a short? Or one of the pins/receptacle might not be making adequate contact?post #860 of 26777/24/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
Hi, the tube is fine tried it in the over adapter , the tube lights up but no sound? out of that channel.post #861 of 26777/24/13 at 10:34pm
Interesting! Well, if you narrowed it down to an issue with the adapter by keeping the left tube on the left side but swapping the adapter over and noticing the loss of sound on the other channel... I'd say it really could be an issue with the adapter. I'd email Jack (or whoever you got the adapter from) and see what they think and can do for you.post #862 of 26777/25/13 at 2:20am
Yup, swap the tubes and see if the lost channel stays on the same side.
The Woo adaptors come open really easily, just an allen key and you're in. If you have a multi-meter you can check each male pin to its female side to see where the issue lies.post #863 of 26777/27/13 at 11:36amI'm finding the GE 6DR7 to be just right with the PS-1000s, with the HE-500 they were pretty, well bland. The 6DE7s(that I loved with the HE-500s) gives the grados too much of an upward tilt in the treble. I have yet to find 6FD7s that are "right" in the midrange in either phone. Shame cuz I really like the bass and dynamics on those tubes.post #864 of 26777/27/13 at 1:54pmpost #865 of 26777/27/13 at 3:24pmSylvania and GE 6fd7s, I have a pair of RCA I haven't tried yet. I figure I should stop swapping tubes until these cans have another hundred or so hours on them, then I will revisit the 6fd7s. Images and textures are quite palpable on the 6DR7s though, funny because these tubes were so blaah on the HE-500.post #866 of 26777/27/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
HD 650, K701/2, LCD-2, Denon D7000, Fostex TH-900, those are the best i've noticed to pair good with WA6-SE. ive heard several other reports of good synergy with these headphones from other members as well.
T1 isn't very good with WA6-SE, too brittle and SS sounding, HD 800 is decent but requires good tubes, HE-500 as well, lower beyer and grados are good as well but nothing amazing (though i did enjoy the RS1i quite a bit from the WA6-SE).
I find the T1 with WA6 to be really good - I imagine the T1 with the WA2 must be incredible.post #867 of 26777/27/13 at 5:35pmpost #868 of 26777/27/13 at 7:35pm
If a budget were around 2k in total- what would be the best set up for listening to 75-80% choral and classical music 20-25% rock jazz etc. I have a WA6 + Sophia (lots of tubes) and T1 which I enjoy but am just wondering...?post #869 of 26777/27/13 at 7:45pm
i prefer HD 800 for classical, though T1 rocks better, both great for jazz.
the WA2 would be better than WA6, but would require tube upgrades to really get the most out of it.
not sure what u could get for 2k though, or if that includes dac or whatnot.post #870 of 26777/27/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Just headphone and amp: ok hd800 + wa2 (over 2k but curious). Thanks!
- Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Three Word Story 45 seconds ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Right side louder/cleaner than left side of new XBA-A3's? 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 5 minutes ago
- › DT 990 Premium 600 Ohm + Fiio E10K 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...