Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 83

post #1231 of 1600


Hi all,

 

Can someone point me towards the right direction to get 6FD7 tubes?

Thanks.

 

 

post #1232 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

Don't tell me about all the cool equipment I have sold that I wish I hadn't.  I ain't sellin my WA6, dammit.

 

Better not! You'll regret it like me then :p

post #1233 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 


Hi all,

 

Can someone point me towards the right direction to get 6FD7 tubes?

Thanks.

 

 

 

 

Pay premium from Woo Audio if you want to be sure about the quality you are getting. They cost a lot though, 50 bucks for a pair I think, but again they do a thorough check, you'll be almost 100% if you buy from Woo.. If not buy like 3 pairs from a normal tube vendor for the same price, make sure you ask for matched pairs otherwise they might send you non matched. Oh and make sure you get fat tubes.


Edited by Xtri - 3/8/14 at 4:09pm
post #1234 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtri View Post
 

 

 

Pay premium from Woo Audio if you want to be sure about the quality you are getting. They cost a lot though, 50 bucks for a pair I think, but again they do a thorough check, you'll be almost 100% if you buy from Woo.. If not buy like 3 pairs from a normal tube vendor for the same price, make sure you ask for matched pairs otherwise they might send you non matched. Oh and make sure you get fat tubes.

 

 

Thanks.  I think I'll get them from Woo.  Thanks.

post #1235 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 

 

 

Thanks.  I think I'll get them from Woo.  Thanks.

Probably the best, I know they check through a lot of tubes to find the "perfect" ones. Here is the mail from Frank:

 

Quote:
 
​''Oystein,
 
We purchase our tubes form a tube distributor then carefully select the highest quality of tubes and properly match them for the best sound.  
 
We may have to go through a large number of poor tubes to arrive with the matched pair, so with the time and labor and number of tubes we reject we need to charge more to make a profit. 
 
That is the reason our prices need to be higher. Thanks for the email and we fully understand if you choose to buy the tubes from another vendor. 
 
We do appreciate your business and hope my explanation was acceptable.
 
Best regards,
 
Frank''

 

 

So buy them with Woo if you want to be sure :)


Edited by Xtri - 3/8/14 at 5:18pm
post #1236 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtri View Post
 

Probably the best, I know they check through a lot of tubes to find the "perfect" ones. Here is the mail from Frank:

 

 

 

 

So buy them with Woo if you want to be sure :)



Thanks, Xtri.   :)

post #1237 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 

 

 

Thanks.  I think I'll get them from Woo.  Thanks.

 

That's the safer option. All the other stores don't have 6FD7s in stock, and eBay doesn't have matched pairs. I ended up going for 6SN7s for my WA6 lol. 

post #1238 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
 

 

That's the safer option. All the other stores don't have 6FD7s in stock, and eBay doesn't have matched pairs. I ended up going for 6SN7s for my WA6 lol. 



Why are the tubes not among the products listed on their website?
 

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/

post #1239 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 



Why are the tubes not among the products listed on their website?
 

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/

 

Tubes are listed under the upgrade options on the individual amp pages. The 6FD7s in particular are on the same page as the WA6-SE.

post #1240 of 1600

I just ordered a pair of 6FD7's from Woo, waiting for them too arrive.

I had a hard time finding them on their site also, but eventually went into every section I could and finally found them. Don't bother trying to find their tube (adapters) if you need them, you will not find them listed individually (without the tubes), you have to e-mail them for the just the adapters (without the tubes).

post #1241 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I just ordered a pair of 6FD7's from Woo, waiting for them too arrive.

I had a hard time finding them on their site also, but eventually went into every section I could and finally found them. Don't bother trying to find their tube (adapters) if you need them, you will not find them listed individually (without the tubes), you have to e-mail them for the just the adapters (without the tubes).

 

 

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
 

 

Tubes are listed under the upgrade options on the individual amp pages. The 6FD7s in particular are on the same page as the WA6-SE.



Thanks, guys.

post #1242 of 1600

 

thought id post a pic of mine, which i picked up last week.

post #1243 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzee View Post
 

 

thought id post a pic of mine, which i picked up last week.

 

Heh, you have the exact same setup as me. Bifrost + black WA6. I'm using the HD600 instead of the HD650 though. 

post #1244 of 1600

With the combo below, my Grado RS325is is finally singing...

 

Western Electric 422-A

 

Sylvania 6EW7


Edited by jaiemm - 3/8/14 at 10:55pm
post #1245 of 1600

When I have tested my fat bottle 6FD7s I have found these valves pretty consistent, with no rejects and plenty of options to match pairs. Getting examples is certainly harder nowdays especially pairs but GE and Sylvanias are still readily available and putting together pairs from ebays is still possible with little effort. There are certainly pairs still out there who don't want to go the Woo route.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice