Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice - Page 81

post #1201 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problem View Post
 

Been listening to 596/SP 274B + Raytheon 6EW7 combination on my HD800 and would personally say I like this combination on the HD800 with the expansive soundstage and softer bass though it lacks the attack from the 6FD7 and doesn't sound as tubey compared to stock RCA 6EW7.

 

596 is pretty bass light, i do not like it combined with 6ew7. though sophia/6ew7 is pretty good all around.

post #1202 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

596 is pretty bass light, i do not like it combined with 6ew7. though sophia/6ew7 is pretty good all around.

It is pretty bass light, not sure why I do not like the RCA 6EW7 but preferred the Raytheon's 6EW7 instead. 

 

However, I still like 596 + 6FD7 on the LCD3, though I tend to rotate around with my Burson Soloist :ph34r:

 

Almost 9 months since having the WA6-SE, just itching to try another tube amp based on the HD800 and DNA Stratus has caught my attention

post #1203 of 1600

I'm curious, are there are any differences between the 6FD7 and 13FD7? I see no 6FD7s left on eBay but there are plenty of 13FD7s left. 

post #1204 of 1600

Tubedepot has 6FD7's.

post #1205 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post
 

I'm curious, are there are any differences between the 6FD7 and 13FD7? I see no 6FD7s left on eBay but there are plenty of 13FD7s left. 

They are voltage differences between the 2 models and would avoid 13v tube on the WA6 for safety reasons.

 

I believe Frank has replied a few pages back on where to get some 6FD7s matched. Or else you can always buy direct from Jack as I got my 6FD7 from him and keeps me assured on a matching pair.

post #1206 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowkoy View Post
 

Tubedepot has 6FD7's.

 

but only one!

post #1207 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic Rhodes View Post
 

 

but only one!

 

I actually think that the 6FD7s are out of stock on vacuumtubes.net. I emailed them about the 6FD7 and 6EW7 but they only responded to the 6EW7. 

post #1208 of 1600

vacuumtubes.net said no to 6FDY when I asked last week, Tubedebot had one yesterday. 6FD7 are getting hard to find., Guess the Woo suggestion is a good one or buy singles from ebay.

post #1209 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic Rhodes View Post
 

vacuumtubes.net said no to 6FDY when I asked last week, Tubedebot had one yesterday. 6FD7 are getting hard to find., Guess the Woo suggestion is a good one or buy singles from ebay.

 

I'm just waiting for their confirmation now. If the 6FD7 are out then I'll probably get the 6DE7 and 6EW7.

post #1210 of 1600

yeah woo audio pretty much monopolized the WA6-SE driver tube market. 

 

they also control the tung sol 7236 market.

post #1211 of 1600

Since I am selling my WA 6 (moving  to WA22), am selling  the stuff I collected for them

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/707459/upgrade-options-for-woo-wa6

post #1212 of 1600
I have 2 pairs of 6FD7, 1 pair new, 1 pair with less than 40hrs. PM me if interested.
post #1213 of 1600

Hi,All just letting people no in OZ i am selling my WA6SE link here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/708029/woo-audio-wa6-se-sophia-princess

post #1214 of 1600

Hi folks! Just joining this club, have acquired a WA6 with stock tubes. I plan to purchase upgrade tubes from Jack. I will be getting the Sophia rectifier. Now I'm trying to figure out which drive/power tubes to try. I'd rather not buy all of them, I'm kind of on a budget - or at least trying to be. ;) Of the drive tubes Jack sells on the WA6 page - 6GL7/6EM7 ($160), 7N7 ($105), 6SN7GT ($160), 6DR7 ($40) - is there a consensus on which is best with low-impedance headphones (Denon D5000 is my primary)? I'm trying to read through this thread but it's 80+ pages of WA6 and WA6-SE info, a lot to sort through...

post #1215 of 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyT View Post
 

Hi folks! Just joining this club, have acquired a WA6 with stock tubes. I plan to purchase upgrade tubes from Jack. I will be getting the Sophia rectifier. Now I'm trying to figure out which drive/power tubes to try. I'd rather not buy all of them, I'm kind of on a budget - or at least trying to be. ;) Of the drive tubes Jack sells on the WA6 page - 6GL7/6EM7 ($160), 7N7 ($105), 6SN7GT ($160), 6DR7 ($40) - is there a consensus on which is best with low-impedance headphones (Denon D5000 is my primary)? I'm trying to read through this thread but it's 80+ pages of WA6 and WA6-SE info, a lot to sort through...


80+ pages is too much :confused_face_2: , where is the dedication & obsessiveness required to be an audiophile. I went through 800+ pages of HE6, 400+ pages of TH 900, 450+ pages of T1, 500+ pages of HD800 threads in the process of taking a buying decision before purchasing them.

 

:D Just Kidding.

 

For WA6 please go through this excellent rectifier comparison thread by DG. There are few rectifiers cheaper than the Sophia, which will give similar or better performance than her IMHO.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694525/dubstep-girls-massive-5ar4-5r4-5u4g-rectifier-review-comparison-rectifer-tube-rolling-thread

 

Regarding driver tubes 6FD7 are the best IMHO. I would also recommend you buy only the 6SN7GT adapters from Woo. You will get a better deal on 6SN7 tubes on Ebay or in the F S/T section, you will also get a better selection. Some patience may be required though.


Edited by punit - 3/3/14 at 5:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice