The Hybrids and Complys just slip right on, no problems. Didn't have to cut any of them.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productSennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black)tagged by System, 1/3/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
T400 and Ts400 will adapt perfectly. Small preference for the spherical Ts series with TF10s, T series are too long for these, they make TS10s protude even more out of the ears than the original silicone tips.
I prefer the Comply tips, and I believe that the Ts-500, T-500 and the TX-500 will do you fine, and all come in three sizes, Small, Medium and Large. The difference between the Ts-500, T-500 and the TX-500 tips are that the TX version has an integrated wax guard and is ultra soft, which I really wanted on my (now soon to arrive) replacement Triple.Fi 10's; the T-500 is cheaper without the wax guard, and the Ts-500 uses a spherical shape. Check the website for more info.
However, I am highly interested in getting some custom ear mould sleeves (tips). I wrote this on some other posts, but this is what I am considering (taken from this post):
"ACS Communications Solutions (alternate site) are pretty famous in the UK for making ear moulds for Etymotic, but they do make ear moulds for other earphones (ACS UK Custom Fit Earphone Sleeves). I have three places where I can get this (HiFiHeadphones.co.uk, iHeadphones.co.uk, or BootsHearingCare.com), so there is no rush and I can mull over which would give me the best to purchase from."
Once I have bought a suitable headphone amplifier*, an LOD (Moon-Audio.com’s Silver Dragon V1 LOD Cable or Silver Dragon V3 LOD Cable), and possibly an aftermarket cable (FiiO RC-UE1 Replacement Cable for Ultimate Ears IEM’s), I shall see if I should (or even can) get the sleeve's.
*I am currently in talks with John Seaber from JDSLabs.com about his C421 amplifier, though his cMoyBB amps are very popular and great to use. I still use my Custom cMoyBB v2.02, which are highly enjoyable to use.
Otherwise, the Comply foam tips will do you for a while, but remember that they are the more expensive option in the long run. If you really don't like foam tips, and the silicone UE tips don't work (they do NOT work in my ears, far to much discomfort), then your only choices are to get modified, DIY hacks on other tips from other brands, or get custom moulded sleeves.
Edited by TheOneInYellow - 1/3/12 at 4:05pm
Hm, got the Supertips now ... haven't got the phones with me, so I'll see. I tried just stuffing them in my ears, but it seems they won't hold very well, either ... all these tips with very smooth surfaces seem to just glide out of my ear again. The complys that came with it hold, because I can compress them and let them open up inside the ear again ... but I'll see how they fare ... real test to be done this evening. As for the Sony Hybrids, they're still on their way.
Ha, now I remember why I got them reshelled (got another pair due to sales/needed a better iem to listen to whilst away). Left ear fits fine with one type of tip but not the other and vice versa. That combined with the size and the frankly god awful cable and thank god I should be getting them back (third times the charm right?!)next week.
I've been using my T400 Complys for a week now, and these are great! Extremely comfortable, they actually stay in my ear, and they don't sound muffled like the Complys that came packed in.
- Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 9 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr (230V) with 6H23P-EBs tubes 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2