The Hybrids and Complys just slip right on, no problems. Didn't have to cut any of them.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/3/12
- productSennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black)tagged by System, 1/3/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 1/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
T400 and Ts400 will adapt perfectly. Small preference for the spherical Ts series with TF10s, T series are too long for these, they make TS10s protude even more out of the ears than the original silicone tips.
I prefer the Comply tips, and I believe that the Ts-500, T-500 and the TX-500 will do you fine, and all come in three sizes, Small, Medium and Large. The difference between the Ts-500, T-500 and the TX-500 tips are that the TX version has an integrated wax guard and is ultra soft, which I really wanted on my (now soon to arrive) replacement Triple.Fi 10's; the T-500 is cheaper without the wax guard, and the Ts-500 uses a spherical shape. Check the website for more info.
However, I am highly interested in getting some custom ear mould sleeves (tips). I wrote this on some other posts, but this is what I am considering (taken from this post):
"ACS Communications Solutions (alternate site) are pretty famous in the UK for making ear moulds for Etymotic, but they do make ear moulds for other earphones (ACS UK Custom Fit Earphone Sleeves). I have three places where I can get this (HiFiHeadphones.co.uk, iHeadphones.co.uk, or BootsHearingCare.com), so there is no rush and I can mull over which would give me the best to purchase from."
Once I have bought a suitable headphone amplifier*, an LOD (Moon-Audio.com’s Silver Dragon V1 LOD Cable or Silver Dragon V3 LOD Cable), and possibly an aftermarket cable (FiiO RC-UE1 Replacement Cable for Ultimate Ears IEM’s), I shall see if I should (or even can) get the sleeve's.
*I am currently in talks with John Seaber from JDSLabs.com about his C421 amplifier, though his cMoyBB amps are very popular and great to use. I still use my Custom cMoyBB v2.02, which are highly enjoyable to use.
Otherwise, the Comply foam tips will do you for a while, but remember that they are the more expensive option in the long run. If you really don't like foam tips, and the silicone UE tips don't work (they do NOT work in my ears, far to much discomfort), then your only choices are to get modified, DIY hacks on other tips from other brands, or get custom moulded sleeves.
Edited by TheOneInYellow - 1/3/12 at 4:05pm
Hm, got the Supertips now ... haven't got the phones with me, so I'll see. I tried just stuffing them in my ears, but it seems they won't hold very well, either ... all these tips with very smooth surfaces seem to just glide out of my ear again. The complys that came with it hold, because I can compress them and let them open up inside the ear again ... but I'll see how they fare ... real test to be done this evening. As for the Sony Hybrids, they're still on their way.
Ha, now I remember why I got them reshelled (got another pair due to sales/needed a better iem to listen to whilst away). Left ear fits fine with one type of tip but not the other and vice versa. That combined with the size and the frankly god awful cable and thank god I should be getting them back (third times the charm right?!)next week.
I've been using my T400 Complys for a week now, and these are great! Extremely comfortable, they actually stay in my ear, and they don't sound muffled like the Complys that came packed in.
- Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 36 seconds ago
- › . 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob