The Hybrids and Complys just slip right on, no problems. Didn't have to cut any of them.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newbie IEM suggestion? Last post on 8/1/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
I joined head-fi specificaly to post this review.... First - my credentials as a headphone user (as far as they go). I've been into hi-fi for 3 decades, and consider myself a reasonably...
Disclaimer: This review isn't based on NwAvguy words and/or the stereotypes arround the ODAC. You won't see me using the words "transparent" and or "clinical". I actually gave the thing an honest...
Asus is a well known tech company. They make laptops, desktops, tablets, motherboards, video cards, and a few other odds and ends. Around here, they are most known for their...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
T400 and Ts400 will adapt perfectly. Small preference for the spherical Ts series with TF10s, T series are too long for these, they make TS10s protude even more out of the ears than the original silicone tips.
I prefer the Comply tips, and I believe that the Ts-500, T-500 and the TX-500 will do you fine, and all come in three sizes, Small, Medium and Large. The difference between the Ts-500, T-500 and the TX-500 tips are that the TX version has an integrated wax guard and is ultra soft, which I really wanted on my (now soon to arrive) replacement Triple.Fi 10's; the T-500 is cheaper without the wax guard, and the Ts-500 uses a spherical shape. Check the website for more info.
However, I am highly interested in getting some custom ear mould sleeves (tips). I wrote this on some other posts, but this is what I am considering (taken from this post):
"ACS Communications Solutions (alternate site) are pretty famous in the UK for making ear moulds for Etymotic, but they do make ear moulds for other earphones (ACS UK Custom Fit Earphone Sleeves). I have three places where I can get this (HiFiHeadphones.co.uk, iHeadphones.co.uk, or BootsHearingCare.com), so there is no rush and I can mull over which would give me the best to purchase from."
Once I have bought a suitable headphone amplifier*, an LOD (Moon-Audio.com’s Silver Dragon V1 LOD Cable or Silver Dragon V3 LOD Cable), and possibly an aftermarket cable (FiiO RC-UE1 Replacement Cable for Ultimate Ears IEM’s), I shall see if I should (or even can) get the sleeve's.
*I am currently in talks with John Seaber from JDSLabs.com about his C421 amplifier, though his cMoyBB amps are very popular and great to use. I still use my Custom cMoyBB v2.02, which are highly enjoyable to use.
Otherwise, the Comply foam tips will do you for a while, but remember that they are the more expensive option in the long run. If you really don't like foam tips, and the silicone UE tips don't work (they do NOT work in my ears, far to much discomfort), then your only choices are to get modified, DIY hacks on other tips from other brands, or get custom moulded sleeves.
Edited by TheOneInYellow - 1/3/12 at 4:05pm
Hm, got the Supertips now ... haven't got the phones with me, so I'll see. I tried just stuffing them in my ears, but it seems they won't hold very well, either ... all these tips with very smooth surfaces seem to just glide out of my ear again. The complys that came with it hold, because I can compress them and let them open up inside the ear again ... but I'll see how they fare ... real test to be done this evening. As for the Sony Hybrids, they're still on their way.
Ha, now I remember why I got them reshelled (got another pair due to sales/needed a better iem to listen to whilst away). Left ear fits fine with one type of tip but not the other and vice versa. That combined with the size and the frankly god awful cable and thank god I should be getting them back (third times the charm right?!)next week.
I've been using my T400 Complys for a week now, and these are great! Extremely comfortable, they actually stay in my ear, and they don't sound muffled like the Complys that came packed in.
- Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10?
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit starting pg... 21 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 48 seconds ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos (Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, Stax)... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Which headphone should I choose? need advice 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 PRO Announced 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: EARSONICS SM64, WESTONE UM3X RC, ATRIO MG7 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 6 minutes ago
- › SACDs and DSD vinyl 7 minutes ago
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) by TheBrutux168
- › Skullcandy 50/50 - Headset ( in-ear ear-bud ) - white, chrome by TheBrutux168
- › Sennheiser HD-600 by JustinBieber
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe