Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Am I so bad in identifying sound quality?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Am I so bad in identifying sound quality? - Page 25

post #361 of 571
Thread Starter 

thanks man. I guess it is not available from the States.
 

 

post #362 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostid View Post

thanks man. I guess it is not available from the States.
 

 



No problem. Here's a thread with other users who confirmed it works great.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/522009/is-the-sennheiser-ie-8i-s-cable-not-compatible-with-the-ie-8/15

post #363 of 571
Thread Starter 

My son opened the package and tried the EPH-100 before I got home from work.

 

I asked him to rate the IEM's and here is his rating:

 

Build quality: 9/10

Sound quality: 9/10

Fit: 6/10

Isolation: 8/10

 

I also tried and must say you get what you pay for. While it is very good for the pop, hip-hop, rap, it lacks the sound stage and clarity of the EX600. The EX600 is much better value if you don't mind the sticking-out looks. The price of the two is not much different.

 

Edit: The EPH-100 is warmer and more neutral than the EX600. While the sound stage is less than the EX600, I think it is still decent. It sounds to me really nice on a few pop tracks I tried. I think it is a good value for the price paid, just IMO the EX600 is a better value.

 

EPH-100.jpg

 


Edited by lostid - 1/20/12 at 10:19pm
post #364 of 571

A deals a deal :)

 

100_0291.JPG100_0292.JPG

post #365 of 571
Thread Starter 

Thanks for posting these. Look nice. The cable looks big from the pic.

post #366 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

A deals a deal :)

 

100_0291.JPG100_0292.JPG



Is that a Studio-V?  Nice deal wink_face.gif you picked there..

post #367 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostid View Post

Thanks for posting these. Look nice. The cable looks big from the pic.



The cable is just slightly thicker than the stock IE80 cable. Its very durable and of course a looker on the IE80, really matches the silver, black and silver look. Its a head turner for sure. If you double click to enlarge the picture and then right click and chose view image it will allow you to get a much closer look at these pictures. 14.2 megapixels so lots of detail.


Edited by lee730 - 1/20/12 at 11:08pm
post #368 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post



Is that a Studio-V?  Nice deal wink_face.gif you picked there..



Yep its a Studio V. Couldn't pass up the $175.00 off discount. Really worth the money IMO. Even at $250 it would still be worth the money. I think Jack should lock the price at $200.00 and take away the large market from Hifiman. He could easily do this at that price range. The V is that good.

post #369 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post



Yep its a Studio V. Couldn't pass up the $175.00 off discount. Really worth the money IMO. Even at $250 it would still be worth the money. I think Jack should lock the price at $200.00 and take away the large market from Hifiman. He could easily do this at that price range. The V is that good.

 

Agree, it is that good and If I still had my HM-601 I would have sold it twice!
 

 

post #370 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

 

Agree, it is that good and If I still had my HM-601 I would have sold it twice!
 

 



How much did you sell your 601 for? I am planning to sell it after I do a 3 way comparison between the 601, Studio V and ibasso DX100. Need to recoup some money from this bad boy. Also hope to score a free pair of IE80s to sell as well ;)

post #371 of 571

About the cable: they can post to france, where i am for £3

 

If you want I could buy it for you but then postage from france to US, i have no idea about?

 

PS.

I thought of you straight away:
http://absolutelymadness.tumblr.com/post/16160728611

 

LOL

post #372 of 571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

About the cable: they can post to france, where i am for £3

 

If you want I could buy it for you but then postage from france to US, i have no idea about?

 

PS.

I thought of you straight away:
http://absolutelymadness.tumblr.com/post/16160728611

 

LOL


Thanks for offering the help. I am gonna call next week the Sennheiser's office in the US to see if they the cable in stock.

So the £3 is the postage from Germany to France? What's the cost of the cable?

 

Hey that wallet looks great and I would like to buy one LOL. Mine is already broken!

 

Seriously, I am officially done with the shopping for all these toys. It's an happy ending. I absolutely love both the EX600 and the IE80. They are totally different animals and bring me different tastes of the music. My son also loves his Denon and the EPH-100. I do however feel kind of "guilty" getting him that BIG cans with insane LONG and LARGE cable opposed to the portable Beats Studio. That's my only buyer's "remorse". With that said, the D2k sounds great and I can drag it to bathroom from my living room with that long cable. LOL.

 

 

 

 

 

post #373 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostid View Post

My son opened the package and tried the EPH-100 before I got home from work.


Build quality: 9/10

Sound quality: 9/10

Fit: 6/10

Isolation: 8/10

 

I also tried and must say you get what you pay for. While it is very good for the pop, hip-hop, rap, it lacks the sound stage and clarity of the EX600. The EX600 is much better value if you don't mind the sticking-out looks. The price of the two is not much different.

 

Edit: The EPH-100 is warmer and more neutral than the EX600. While the sound stage is less than the EX600, I think it is still decent. It sounds to me really nice on a few pop tracks I tried. I think it is a good value for the price paid, just IMO the EX600 is a better value.

Don't think we heard the same thing. While soundstage is really a forte of EX600, clarity of the Yamahas is excellent in my opinion, especially in the mids (unless the seal was not good enough).

 

What can confuse people is the super-airy treble on the EX600/EX1000 (quite the trademark of these Sonys) associated with mids less present than on the Yamahas. This is the easiest trick in the book to achieve a sense of super-clarity, you can even recreate this on most IEMs by using a strong V-shape EQ. Emptying the mids will give an impression of reinforced clarity.

post #374 of 571

Incl shipping for i80i cable to FRANCE:

 

Royal Mail International Post - £2.99

Royal Mail International Signed For - £6.99

Royal Mail Airsure (Insured) - £7.99

 

I would choose the cheap £3 option here.

 

Do remember though, shipping to USA will be expensive

 

I could check, but I estimate an additional £10-15 for postage to USA

 

post #375 of 571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Incl shipping for i80i cable to FRANCE:

 

Royal Mail International Post - £2.99

Royal Mail International Signed For - £6.99

Royal Mail Airsure (Insured) - £7.99

 

I would choose the cheap £3 option here.

 

Do remember though, shipping to USA will be expensive

 

I could check, but I estimate an additional £10-15 for postage to USA

 

I will PM you. Thanks.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Am I so bad in identifying sound quality?